hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Re: Wormhole Space

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari
    nice report, is r&k also using such expensive fits on all their ships in WH space?
    Since the guys on him included two Bhaals and a couple faction fit Moros (with +100% damage bonus) I assume Agent quickly swapped out into a full Chelm's loadout while I wasn't looking, to come out the other side on that one

I think when people look at Aperture's lossmails they do see some expensive fits. However, given the particulars of wormhole space, it probably makes sense. If you drop a triage carrier in 0.0, on the wrong day a titan could turn up and pop the thing in a DD. And sure, as discussed elsewhere, a Bhaal could turn up and neut the titan to stop it firing again, and drop another triage in, or whatever the situation may be (although their could be 30 titans..). But realistically as we all know, any one ship could die instantly in larger 0.0 combat to some of the toys/alpha available there.

The three faction/deadspace fit triage carriers that Aperture lost in the last engagement, however, know that if they perish they will go down in a proper, prolonged fight. When they're warping to the wormhole and we're jumping in, they know there's not enough mass in it for us to bring whatever we want, so for the fight they knew they'd have to be taken down the hard way (which is also the fun way). Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour
    I'm wondering what R&K's goal is with AHARM and in WH space in general. Do you guys just want to take out the perceived top seed for pew or is there something more that i've missed?
    I think there is a bit of a rivalry developing between AHARM and R&K, and with good fights coming, I think it's a win-win for both sides.

I think that is pretty much the only attribute I can give the conflicts between AHARM and R&K. I think with a few exceptions there is really not much bad blood, but having fun attempting really difficult objectives in WH space.

I can definitely give props to R&K, I think that the blockade of the WH was a masterful stroke.

---

Also, Lord M. brings up a good point. In a WH, because of the smaller scales of the fight and some weird effects in some systems means that sometimes pimping some mods absolutely gives you an immense bonus.

An example is in a wolf-rayet. Frigate-sized guns get double damage, near enough. It can be argued that it makes more sense to put frigate sized guns onto some cruiser sized ships to get similar damage, but with better tracking (albeit losing range).

did R&K pick-up activity in WH space because of the abundance of small to mid size gang warfare?

LS6

Quote Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour
    did R&K pick-up activity in WH space because of the abundance of small to mid size gang warfare?

No, Rooks and Kings have a dedicated wormhole corp, Guillotine Therapy. You'll find their reports mostly on the French forums. If you spotted some guys in R&K shirts at Fanfest, you'll have seen them. In game they're harder to spot until its too late for their target - flitting between space and time to emerge in all kinds of 0.0, low sec or w-space locations to wage war. And then disappear again into the ether.

Sometimes they allow common folk like us to enjoy the mysteries of wormhole space, such as in the recent battle report, and test our sea legs a little. My experiences of W-space are usually months apart (before the recent report, the last time I was there was during the destruction of Aperture's 'Polaris' system).

Ahhh I see.

So they go about the WH business until they need a few more guns and then R&K proper gets called up.

You guy's really do seem to apply order and specificity to everything.

LS6

So, decided to try some black ops. Black ops basing from a wormhole seems awesome because people can't see you coming. The goal was to find a ratting carrier, so we headed towards a M-M in wicked creek because that pocket seems to spew forth losses a lot.

Ooh, a widow!! gogogo, bridge up, jump in. Widow... warps away. oops ;P recon guy dual boxing + new at this (as most of us were) = a lot to do at once. Oh well, drake lands and we pop that then hang around in system a bit. Hostiles form up on station so we try a bombing run (something else we haven't done much of) and pop a dramiel and a rifter in exchange for a bomber. Drakes all docked when the bombs came out, which isn't surprising since they had to be expecting a bombing run.

http://dontshootx.com/killboard/?a=kill ... ll_id=6717

Play around a bit more but tbh bombers pop really easy and hostile count in local was 35ish so we decide to reship and come back.

30 minutes later we are back on the gate w/ a real fleet. Unfortunately we were well scouted so just got a drake and cane en route but didn't catch any ratting carriers or anything. 17 friendlies with hostile count initially at 22ish so we hang out for a bit while they get a fleet together and log more on. Eventually they've got 34ish in local, but they are all hugging their station and refusing to come play (we have 5 100km off station with everyone else still sitting next door albeit scouted).

New plan! What if we warp a proteus on top of them, let them almost kill it and then try to kill the red boxers before they can dock? What could go wrong, fighting on a hostile station outnumbered 2 to 1?!? :P

Proteus warps in, gets redboxed, rest of fleet warps or jumps and warps in. Hostiles undock 3 more carriers and some jams/neuts (they had about 12ish undocked before we jumped in including carrier). We started slowly chewing through ships, although there were some very nervous moments. My proteus hit half structure when they broke our logi chain for a bit, and our widow also hit structure when they switched. However, reps held okay after that and we were rotating primaries and killing them before they could dock/get repped. After a bit, most of the remaining ships docked back up while a chimera was bumped off the station (yay mach bumps!) and we killed that as well (despite 3 hostile carriers repping it). After the chim died, the other 3 carriers docked and GFs were exchanged.

Linkage: http://dontshootx.com/killboard/?a=kill ... ll_id=6735

Hostiles not shown on Link: 3x carrier, 1x sleipnir, 1x apoc, 1x guardian, 1-2x drake, 1-2 other ships that I forget.

"Wormhole plunderers" channel has seen some activity this weekend. \o/

So I went around scanning for WHs in high sec to pew pew in, with the possibility of anchoring a personal small tower in some WH where some random dudes live. Didn't have to search long, found a C2 WH of a 10 man corp that is part of a 270 man alliance. A hulk and a Drake were mining in a site there.
    Since some other faggot in the WH had to launch probes when I wanted to crash their mining op, I didn't get any kills. Aggravated by this I hauled in a small minmatar tower, which they started reinforcing like 10 hours later.

So something like 3 Abaddons, 3 Geddons, a Drake, a Raven and a Tempest started shooting my little unarmed pos. Fortunately some dudes in WH plunderers had a 20 man gang going, so they went on and rushed into my newly acquired hole.

Long story short, since our fleet had no light dictors, only my pr0 combat cheetah with 2 points managed to hold a Raven and a Pest till the fleet arrived.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9562114

Pretty unsatisfying, but I believe I can get some more fights out of them. I told them I'm good with 500m too, but

A few hours earlier, someone reported 2 rattlesnakes and a thanny playing on a high sec WH. Some random dudes were found together, a fleet was formed, we went chasing for the thanny. Since the WH was a pulsar, it had like 1k+DPS passive tank + cap shield booster, so it took us literally an hour of shooting rattlesnakes and thanatos till 15 or so more people arrived and we finally killed the thanny. (who the fuck is this retard)

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9565424

If you're cool, you should join said channel, go scan WHs and get some ships to blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Liptonez
    "Wormhole plunderers" channel has seen some activity this weekend. \o/

So I went around scanning for WHs in high sec to pew pew in, with the possibility of anchoring a personal small tower in some WH where some random dudes live. Didn't have to search long, found a C2 WH of a 10 man corp that is part of a 270 man alliance. A hulk and a Drake were mining in a site there.
    Since some other faggot in the WH had to launch probes when I wanted to crash their mining op, I didn't get any kills. Aggravated by this I hauled in a small minmatar tower, which they started reinforcing like 10 hours later.

So something like 3 Abaddons, 3 Geddons, a Drake, a Raven and a Tempest started shooting my little unarmed pos. Fortunately some dudes in WH plunderers had a 20 man gang going, so they went on and rushed into my newly acquired hole.

Long story short, since our fleet had no light dictors, only my pr0 combat cheetah with 2 points managed to hold a Raven and a Pest till the fleet arrived.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9562114

Pretty unsatisfying, but I believe I can get some more fights out of them. I told them I'm good with 500m too, but

A few hours earlier, someone reported 2 rattlesnakes and a thanny playing on a high sec WH. Some random dudes were found together, a fleet was formed, we went chasing for the thanny. Since the WH was a pulsar, it had like 1k+DPS passive tank + cap shield booster, so it took us literally an hour of shooting rattlesnakes and thanatos till 15 or so more people arrived and we finally killed the thanny. (who the fuck is this retard)

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9565424

If you're cool, you should join said channel, go scan WHs and get some ships to blow up.
    gj guys some nice kills there hehe.

They're not much compared to later that day when GenePool's Sleip finally died.
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9568103
    ~2.6bil. RIP.
    Plus the proteus alt/friend. Guess who's primary next time I meet these two
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize
    They're not much compared to later that day when GenePool's Sleip finally died.
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9568103
    ~2.6bil. RIP.
    Plus the proteus alt/friend. Guess who's primary next time I meet these two
    Damn. I hate to see his hole plundering gear killed.

Any story behind it besides just being shot to death?

Donor

He probably went for the Legion in a site (judging by the Proteus killmail) and the other guys showed up unexpectedly.

Shit happens, the guy has killed lots more using that combo than he's lost. Sooner or later you're always going to come unstuck to a bait or escalation flying "solo".

So - I'd just been lurking here since SHC died but since someone thought they should EveMail me the link to my kill and see if I wanted to comment here I figured I'd take the opportunity to do so.

Losing the Proteus + Sleip went down pretty much as Durzel described. I was watching their POS as the Legion, Harby, Cane, Drake and Geddon were randomly swapping ships back and forth and otherwise just screwing around. I knew how many pilots they had active and even had an idea they may have seen my Proteus enter the wormhole so could be baiting me. But I also am not one to shy away from a fight.

So when the Legion warped to the anom, I immediately went in and tackled him with the Proteus and warped the Sleipnir in to start pounding on the Legion. As semi-expected, the Legion was tackle fit and the Harby, Cane and Geddon landed shortly after I decloaked.

I still thought I was ok at the time but I couldn't get enough of them dead fast enough to get the dps / neuts down to a manageable level and they eventually broke my tank.

Fortunately - the proteus took long enough for them to break that I had plenty of time to pop the can of the Sleipnir. Nothing all that good survived but they didn't even get any of that.

For those of you thinking about trying out WH plundering, if you're patient enough to put in the 'probe time' this loss really isn't all that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. Wormhole plundering has allowed me to more than pay for the loss of these ships several times over. It's ridiculously profitable. It doesn't take too many Pithum A-type / CN Invuln fitting Tengus you talk into ejecting to cover these sorts of losses, and it's really not that uncommon to find those sorts of fits in WH space.

The bad news is that I lost about 3 billion isk (Gist X-types are only ~900m to replace) in the space of a few minutes. The good news is I've made almost that much in the last 3 weeks since I've been back (I took a little break for about 6 months and got pretty lucky with finding some abandoned POS' shortly after getting back). The other good news is that I had a new idea for a different 'duo' for wormhole plundering and this gives me a chance to try that out.

Hope to see more of you in the Hole Plunderers channel! I've found 2 carrier kills since I've been back and the faster we can organize the faster we can get those sort of ships taken down. The channel is great for that!

Cheers for the reply. I take it that wasn't a neut legion then.

You seem to be avoiding the recent phenomenom of lower class w-space cap ships just SDing as it's hard to get the DPS on them in time while also being covert or causing them to escalate to bring the things out in the first place. We may well be available for the next few weeks as we shake things up in corp.

Also, would you say there's a lot less pimped fits in w-space/c3s compared to 18 months ago? And a lot less pve t3s besides t2 fitted tengus? Or are we just getting unlucky/bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

You seem to be avoiding the recent phenomenom of lower class w-space cap ships just SDing as it's hard to get the DPS on them in time while also being covert or causing them to escalate to bring the things out in the first place. We may well be available for the next few weeks as we shake things up in corp.

Also, would you say there's a lot less pimped fits in w-space/c3s compared to 18 months ago? And a lot less pve t3s besides t2 fitted tengus? Or are we just getting unlucky/bad?
    Most of the super pimped tengus I used to see were used in (or designed for) soloing/2 boxing C4s. As that is no longer possible, there does seem to be a lot fewer of them. 1B tengus are still reasonably common tho imo.

I'm pretty sure the legion and everyone else in his party had neuts because both the proteus and the sleip were capped out almost the whole fight but I could be mistaken on the legion. I'm absolutely certain I was getting neuted by the cane, geddon, and harby (I remember noting the graphic on the overview). As I've relived that fight I'm fairly certain I could've come out of it ok if I'd switched to the cane sooner to get his DPS off of me (because of the sleips higher resists to amarr dps) but I didn't come to that realization until too late in the fight.

As for finding good targets I'm not sure whether it is getting lucky or just scanning a shitton of wormholes but I've found quite a few pimped fits in the 3 weeks or so I've been back. I killed the same dumbass pilot in 2 different tengus (both pimped to over 2 bil each) within 3 hours of each other and I've gotten fairly lucky with some other decent kills (nidhoggur - with proteus, vulture and drake in support (in a C1 no less); and the shield tanked thanny linked above) as well.

However - most of the real 'loot' that I got came from finding a few abandoned posses and that speaks to your point about fewer folks in WHs in general.

I would also agree that there are less really pricey fits than before, but as I'm "solo" I always did most of my hunting in C3s and below. My experience has been that the priciest targets are in the C3s with the D845 hi-sec static. I think there have been less people hunting them as of late so they're getting pretty lazy. It's often a good strategy to camp and alt in their WHs and harass them until they pay you a ransom to leave them alone. The opportunity cost for them of having to log off every time you sign in adds up pretty quickly.

I don't usually engage carriers until I've already pulled in enough dps to take them down fairly quickly. That being said, the shield tanked thanny took forever to take down because I failed to name him primary soon enough in the fight. We kept trying to take out the rattlesnakes the thanny was supporting and they kept jumping through the WH to hi-sec. We had another gang come from 15 jumps away to put enough dps on this guy to take him down. I'm not sure why he didn't self destruct but I'm not complaining either.

I'm looking forward to getting back to it but am going to have to move in the next week or so (and I'm training some new skills for my newest idea) so it may be awhile. I'll update here once I get back to it and will look for you in the channel the next time I find some targets that need back up.

Wormhole Plunderers channel had some more activity last night. I was too slow to get there but for those that did they found and baited a HS camp that contianed a Bhaal, Vindi and a Hurricane.

Laughs were had and the camp was eliminated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7WMxJo3Uw
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal
    Wormhole Plunderers channel had some more activity last night. I was too slow to get there but for those that did they found and baited a HS camp that contianed a Bhaal, Vindi and a Hurricane.

Laughs were had and the camp was eliminated.

Do you have an empty mid?

Quote Originally Posted by whispous
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal

Do you have an empty mid?

That's not Lorkin's video, but the guy recording it appears to be flying this: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/k ... d=13047598
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Wormhole Space

He's flying some variant of the Brutix hull, has 7 turrets, and has passive modules on. He's got an empty mid, methinks. At any rate, hole plunderers looks sexy to me and I'll try to get my Corp in there to help out.

In the spirit of battle reports, Parsec recently took over a Wormhole from The Black Ops. Nothing really interesting (we didn't manage to get a fight out of them), so I'll merely link my blog where I blogged about it: http://liang.evepress.com

Ed: Tapatalk doesn't handle URLs very well - even before I typo'd the link.

Liang, you put an extra 'r' in the link, it should be http://liang.evepress.com