hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 2530

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

  1. #281

    Join Date
    July 26, 2011
    Location
    Rooks & Kings
    Posts
    6
    It seems that story had awoken more questions than it answered. To dispel mysteries, I am pleased to add the full Battle Report as a "Spoiler" in the original post.

    Thanks for the Norcorp feedback. I have to agree that we enjoy fighting them. They are fun guys and really efficient in what they do. We know that every misstake can be decisive. They give the best of themselves and it makes a such battle really interesting, with many developments.

    It was really sad about self-destruction. But bad influences lead to bad decisions. I am sure they will go over it.
    Last edited by Curufin; September 5 2011 at 03:12:15 AM.
    Guillotine Therapy - Rooks & Kings

  2. #282

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Rooks & Kings
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandslinger View Post
    Hi
    Everyone who watches that video can see the fight was lost for RNK and then it got escalated to a point we could not match. I'e another carrier. In wormholes where Rep/Cap is winning or loosing the fight jumping another carrier in is a gamebreaker. I do of course realise that you must be fully aware of this and your comment is meant to drum up support for a alliance members BR.
    Well, there's no reason for me to drum up support for his BR since the only people flaming are Aperture Harmonics and their pets Everyone else enjoyed it. And I'll come to a timely reminder of why they flame, in a moment.

    But first let's have a think here on the fight. You say that the fight was lost for GT until they dropped a second carrier. But that's surely because the first carrier disconnected, which was the dramatic twist in the battle report. So I'd say that GT actually won the fight twice, since they had to regain energy superiority a second time after the first carrier d/c'd.

    Ignoring for a moment that there is a video proving this, there might be a risk of this turning into two counter-claims. So let's bring in ze science!



    1) You have 4 Bhaalgorns, our guys have 3. Each have a carrier.
    2) If you were winning the fight, it would mean you have four Bhaalgorns and an Archon with cap, and they have 3 bhaals and a carrier without cap.
    3) At that point our guys jump another carrier in.

    So if your version was true, it would mean you now have 4 Bhaalgorns (with cap), 1 Archon (with cap) versus 3 Bhaalgorns (no cap), 1 Archon (no cap), 1 Archon (full cap). However, how can 4 Bhaalgorns fail to hold 3 capped ships on zero, while neuting a single incoming non-damage dealer ?

    To lose from that position, if your chain of events were true, would be much more embarrassing for you than Guillotine Therapy's version, so in fact if I or Curufin or anyone else wanted to besmirch your performance, we would simply agree with you


    At the end of your video, one of your members says "How did we lose that fight?". Other people answer him and I think you should pay close attention to their thoughts. You have a solid crew and will surely win a share of engagements in the future. I think unknown space is a better place for having you guys in it. If you occasionally get needled it's probably because you periodically align yourself to a bunch of exploiters.

    Which brings us to AHARM.

    I'm not surprised that AHARM flame, since until the day Guillotine Therapy set their sights on them, they were the undisputed masters of wh space. They started well but early victories turned to defeats and let's not forget that the 'smoking gun', the discovery that an Aperture member had petitioned the 'inifinite gun' 6 months earlier and been told it was an exploit, was made right here by the SHC community.

    I happened to be in wormhole space a few weeks ago when an Aperture Harmonics member got stuck in a Guillotine Therapy system. Although I've been told that I'm seen as a quaint chap in Eve, I must confess I take a childish delight in his anger. My favourite parts are usually where they start complaining that because we brought dampeners to a WH that bonused them, it was the same as having guns that landed every blow maximum wrecking damage, with infinite range and tracking speed, and thus that we are all cheaters. He did a bit of that. Then the guy spent about 30 minutes writing about "frogs" (presumably a reference to the French, although being a generous fellow I'm willing to consider that maybe this man was working on a thesis about Anura amphibians and got lost).

    Then he turned his attention to myself:

    [ 2011.08.25 21:48:31 ] E T > hows that fat pig of a wife yo met on the net
    [ 2011.08.25 21:48:37 ] E T > lolz
    [ 2011.08.25 21:48:50 ] E T > did you have a e wedding and have hamsters as the wedding party?


    After some enquiry, it appears he was referring to Princess Aricia. It so happens that at a recent Fairlight meeting, I took Princess to the Opera. Either the dress was lying and she has the world's greatest tailor, or her figure and features are far removed from the even-toed ungulates envisaged by 'E T', so it's very difficult to be offended. In fact, I must say, this sort of thing rather endears me to Aperture Harmonics because it's hard to find Really Angry People and you have to cherish your work when you do.

    The hamsters, though, are a little odd. I don't know exactly what a Hamster wedding is but I'm starting to envisage Hamsters trained with RnK doctrine, performing all sorts of perfunctory tasks at a wedding. Imagine them gripping little knives and cutting cakes, throwing bouquets of daisies and playing in the wedding band. "Over the hills and far away, he swears he will return one day / Far from the mountains and the seas, back in her arms he swear he'll be". You'd need two hamster per violin. I doubt I could get Princess to walk down the aisle but it's this sort of left-field thinking that would put me in with a chance. To reward such creative brainstorming, my usual business-depending, I'll see if I can give AHARM another present next month.

    I do think AHARM are an important piece of the w-space puzzle, though. I like following the ebb and flow of the battles in unknown space and I think the mix of pvp groups there is as rich as its ever been. Checking the killboard always makes me regret that my grasp of French is not stronger, though I cling to the belief that enough hours of Beart and Deneuve will sneak me into a Guillotine Therapy fleet.

  3. #283
    Helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,172
    /bows before a good post.

  4. #284
    Abbadon Karis's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16, 2011
    Location
    Nova
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    Well, there's no reason for me to drum up support for his BR since the only people flaming are Aperture Harmonics and their pets, Bla bla text..
    So because I am in AHARM my meanings and opinions are automatically turned into what we call flaming? That sounds really fair, and back to the past again Lord Maldror, can't you for once just drop the shit about exploits and all, it's getting so old and used up now that hearing about it over and over again is pathetic. Even pathetic to hear for me who never were there when it happen, but somehow I feel like I was in that battle after hearing you moaning about it in almost every single post you submit on the forums.

    You say RnK never intended to do the same with this exploit but why the hell did you bring several Falcons fitted up with pure sensor damps when our wh also gave bonus to ECM and not just only damps? The fight happen close to a wh so don't blame it on getting the range superiority cause that is bull shit. Here is one of the killmails of one of your Falcons so people can judge what they mean them self, I for sure would have used Araazu for damps even though you brought a few of them as well:
    http://dontshootx.com/killboard/?a=k...il&kll_id=2215

    Now back to reality..
    Can't we settle this on the field rather then bitching on the forums all the time about how terrible both are? You said you had a present for us this month? Bring it before the month is over, cause the last present you promised us never came and I was very disappointed. Anyway, see you in space and hopefully you guys want run or collapse the wh when that happens again like you did a week ago or so, come fight for a change and don't just stick to ganking and running like you tend to.

    And for the record we don't have any pets as you implement, only friends which we also pew pew on occasions. As the matter of fact I have a few RL friends in NorCorp and would never treat them as pets either. So that was a statement below the belt region just to cause anger man, grow up.
    Last edited by Abbadon Karis; September 5 2011 at 11:20:05 AM. Reason: Typo spelling

  5. #285
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    27,592
    u mad?

  6. #286

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fairlight Corp / Rooks and Kings
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbadon Karis View Post

    You say RnK never intended to do the same with this exploit but why the hell did you bring several Falcons fitted up with pure sensor damps when our wh also gave bonus to ECM and not just only damps? The fight happen close to a wh so don't blame it on getting the range superiority cause that is bull shit. Here is one of the killmails of one of your Falcons so people can judge what they mean them self, I for sure would have used Araazu for damps even though you brought a few of them as well:
    http://dontshootx.com/killboard/?a=k...il&kll_id=2215
    So you're suggesting that bringing ewar ships to a wh with ewar bonusses is the same as using said ewar effects against your own fleet in order to gain an unforeseen beneficial effect after being told that it was an exploit (if you have forgotten what happened on your side, refer to this post of your CEO on his own blog)? That is some kind of weird logic. Not to mention you will be very hardpressed to find a km where we damped our own ships (whereas there are quite a few lossmails on your side showing friendly TDing). I know that this was a very often voiced opinion on the old SHC thread but repeating this every so often doesn't change the fact that you were found exploiting and punished whereas we weren't.
    Also you suggest we stop bitching after posting stuff like this in your previous post or after said conversation in the local of Keens home (where you promised an invasion that has yet to materialize)

    Get over yourself RnK, ego centric BR you put up there. Didn't mention how you guys missed out a Dread, Carrier and a Bhaal who managed to just warp out from your God'ish tackle, good job NorCorp for keeping it on the edge and saving as much as you did in the heat of this moment.
    But yes, bring the fight. We will be there. As we were at the last time (see first page of the thread).

  7. #287
    Bluemajere's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbadon Karis View Post
    Can't we settle this on the field rather then bitching on the forums all the time about how terrible both are?.
    AHARM is terrible.

    RnK isn't.

    Real Simple.

  8. #288
    Artjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Location
    [KICK]
    Posts
    372
    Some juicy shit right here

    Can I just ask - as a lower WH class dweller I unashamedly envy and admire what the more organised and deadly WH organisations that reside in higher up WH's can achieve and the hour long capacitor warfare battles that are written up by all sides here. Can I suggest rather than resort to slagging each other off you stick to both sides writing a report from their pov and credit the reader with enough intelligence to re-create the action in their own minds?
    Last edited by Artjay; September 5 2011 at 01:38:32 PM.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

  9. #289

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    in a wormhole...
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesh M View Post
    So you're suggesting that bringing ewar ships to a wh with ewar bonusses is the same as using said ewar effects against your own fleet in order to gain an unforeseen beneficial effect after being told that it was an exploit (if you have forgotten what happened on your side, refer to this post of your CEO on his own blog)? That is some kind of weird logic. Not to mention you will be very hardpressed to find a km where we damped our own ships (whereas there are quite a few lossmails on your side showing friendly TDing). I know that this was a very often voiced opinion on the old SHC thread but repeating this every so often doesn't change the fact that you were found exploiting and punished whereas we weren't.
    Also you suggest we stop bitching after posting stuff like this in your previous post or after said conversation in the local of Keens home (where you promised an invasion that has yet to materialize)

    But yes, bring the fight. We will be there. As we were at the last time (see first page of the thread).
    A slight correction, I am not the CEO of AHARM (I was CEO for a couple of months), and as I said all over that blog, those are my own opinions, not some sort of official AHARM opinion.

    Anyway, talking about this stuff is way outside the point of this thread. Lets agree to drop it, and settle this in space.

  10. #290

    Join Date
    July 26, 2011
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    So if your version was true, it would mean you now have 4 Bhaalgorns (with cap), 1 Archon (with cap) versus 3 Bhaalgorns (no cap), 1 Archon (no cap), 1 Archon (full cap). However, how can 4 Bhaalgorns fail to hold 3 capped ships on zero, while neuting a single incoming non-damage dealer ?
    I promised myself i wouldn't bother replying after the BR was updated but.

    Really, Mr Maldoror really ??

    I know you understand the mechanics of how this can come to be, seeing as the 4 bhaalgorns were struggling to get the single carrier down to 0 for over 20 minutes.

    A new carrier on the field means twice the regen, all the second carrier has to do is expend half it's cap, capping up the first one. And then the cap battle is lost no matter how you twist and turn it.
    Bhaalgorns cap injected are never truly empty regardless of how you try to make out they are.

    I know you understand this, RNK are probably some of the most experienced Triagers in the game so I know your aware of the mechanics here, I can only guess that you hope to pull the wool over the unitiated people's eyes.

    It evokes emotions that you attempted it, not umad ones, more like the sour feeling I get when reading COAD.
    The lack of the same sour feeling is what has became the main attraction of wormholes for so many of us so it's ashame to see now and to see it directed at us.

    As to whether the battle was lost earlier I'm not even going to go into discussing it. I hate my imaginary superhero is bigger then your superhero discussions at the best of times.

    I can understand that for people not involved the drama seems like much fun and rivalries are interesting, however I feel like by harking on your risking wormholes turning into yet another COAD with shitposts abound. Every post another attempt at drumming up support for "your side" rather then just good funs, and perhaps might one dream a open discussion on actual tactics without the "we are uberleet and you lost because our Epeen is considerably better then yours" crap.

    For us wormholes has been somewhere to go for good fights & GF's away from all the hyperbole. Away from all the bitter players that manage to hold grudges for years against other corporations even past the point where the players and leadership in one corporation has completely changed several times. And somehow can not post without bringing up the old can of worms every time.

    Frankly we wish you would just drop the RNK/AHARM old history at this point, let bygones be bygones and measure yourselves by performance going forward rather then harking back to events last year. Can you do that ?

    And for the love of god, don't drag us into it. Aharm was never there in the fight they helped us take down some iskfarmers tower faster later on. No matter how many times their name is dragged up in this post this still isn't some kind of win over them

    PS. half the replies earlier were from people that have no history with Aharm but have good history fighting and capping kills against us. You would know this if you were more active in wormholes, but again I can only imagine it was another attempt at glossing.

    All that said, thanks for bringing it Guillotine we know when we see you there will be a fight worth taking, and one where for every engagement we go away with lessons learned.

    I promise that should we ever get the chance to wipe the floor with you our BR will be clean and devoid of hyperbole. bygones be bygones
    Last edited by Sandslinger; September 5 2011 at 12:29:10 PM.

  11. #291

    Join Date
    June 19, 2011
    Location
    Exhale.
    Posts
    36
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kInFPeL2sI

    An op we did recently.

    Go Narwhals

  12. #292

    Join Date
    July 26, 2011
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Casparas View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kInFPeL2sI

    An op we did recently.

    Go Narwhals
    Don't make me have to trawl your killboard to see who it was. And whose tower where they shooting at ?

    Nice gank tho =)

  13. #293

    Join Date
    June 19, 2011
    Location
    Exhale.
    Posts
    36
    Operation: Dont Fuck with The DUCK
    Narwhals Ate My Duck VS Brotherhood of Starbidge

    One of our low class wormholes got invaded by the the bad guys. They reinforced the POS.
    Narwhals assembled and scared off the attacking Russian swarm.

    Leadership decided to teach the Russians a lesson. Fleet was assembled, Starbridge low class system was found and DUCK+Friends invasion began.

    POS got into RF. Next day there was a lot of fighting. At the end Russians were put down and POS got killed.

    Im sorry for not being Rooks and Kings at writing BRs... we are just good at killing stuff.

    Battle report on EVE Kill: http://narwhals.eve-kill.net/?a=kill...ll_id=10576602
    Last edited by Casparas; September 5 2011 at 12:57:38 PM.

  14. #294
    Wrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Wormholes
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Is it time for the quarterly AHARM bad posting spree again?
    If so, I think we're gonna need a :psyAHARM: for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casparas View Post
    Operation: Dont Fuck with The DUCK
    Narwhals Ate My Duck VS Brotherhood of Starbidge

    One of our low class wormholes got invaded by the the bad guys. They reinforced the POS.
    Narwhals assembled and scared off the attacking Russian swarm.

    Leadership decided to teach the Russians a lesson. Fleet was assembled, Starbridge low class system was found and DUCK invasion began.

    POS got into RF. Next day there was a lot of fighting. At the end Russians were put down and POS got killed.

    Im sorry for not being Rooks and Kings at writing BRs... we are just good at killing stuff.

    Battle report on EVE Kill: http://narwhals.eve-kill.net/?a=kill...ll_id=10576602
    Nice one. Starbridge sometimes likes to come into the C2 where I used to live and puff up their chests at the highsec hole until it looks like we might have the mass available to trap them in. Then they leave. Nice to see what happens when they actually engage. :)
    Last edited by Wrack; September 5 2011 at 01:14:56 PM.

  15. #295
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    11,877
    They're still flying those RR tengus?

    That vid follows an AB brutix without T2 guns
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; September 5 2011 at 01:30:03 PM.

  16. #296
    Suleiman Shouaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Casparas View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kInFPeL2sI

    An op we did recently.

    Go Narwhals
    Not sure why you would be proud of that - the AB Brutix with T1 guns and drones is pretty cringe-worthy.

  17. #297

    Join Date
    June 19, 2011
    Location
    Exhale.
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    Not sure why you would be proud of that - the AB Brutix with T1 guns and drones is pretty cringe-worthy.
    Being able to offer new players the ability to PVP in WHs is the thing to be proud about.

  18. #298
    Wrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Wormholes
    Posts
    1,980
    The frapser there isn't actually Narwhals, he's SRS

    Quote Originally Posted by Casparas View Post
    Being able to offer new players the ability to PVP in WHs is the thing to be proud about.
    Tackling 5 unsupported caps is never something to complain about either.

  19. #299

    Join Date
    July 13, 2011
    Posts
    9

    Hurp and Durp

    Last weekend we helped some friends siege poses in wh for 2 days, then some political shit happened and we left.

    -Fin



    So sad

  20. #300
    Wrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Wormholes
    Posts
    1,980
    (background: Zensige is in 0ne Percent. who recently came to help Transmission Lost invade some people.)

    I wasn't there myself, but I understand there were a couple of good fights. In one such fight, a friendly fleet of 10~12 was sitting on a highsec hole, then decided to get off the hole when a hostile fleet of 30+ was spotted a couple jumps away in highsec. It turned out a HIC pilot was afk with his bubble up, so the fleet was debating neuting his bubble off and squad warping him out when the hostiles forced the issue by attempting to jump in - and cutting their fleet in half when the hole collapsed.

    And yeah for some reason the political shit seems to run deep in our alliance.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •