hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 127 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

I liked this thread the best on SHC...

I like it when threads have content before they're posted.
    Last edited by Grarr Dexx; May 16 2012 at 02:39:42 PM.

Re: Wormhole Space

Can we get a writeup of welping the fleet to RnK?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2k7
    this. (or maybe someone posted one on the old SHC before it derped? )

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2k7
    wtb, didn't manage to read it before forums went poof
    ign: kunniz

The reasons are a bit complicated, but it mostly comes down to 4 problems. Firstly, our guys were too eager to engage them even while rather outnumbered. Secondly, our dread had severe connection problems, and kept disconnecting. I was there, but the folks that were there said that if he hadn't discoed we would have taken out their triage carrier, and things would have gone quite differently. Thirdly, we had some internal issues, mostly involving not having one of our main FCs online at the time. Fourthly, we had spread ourselves too thin. We had a large force in r&k's system, and those folks couldn't get back while r&k was camping both side of the hole.

With all that being said, as I said on SHC, R&K kicked our butts. Their triage carrier did a great job. Hopefully we will get a rematch and I think you will see a different outcome.

Don't suppose anyone saved that last BR from AHARM fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand
    Don't suppose anyone saved that last BR from AHARM fight?
    Yep, I'll re-post that one shortly.

This is a battle report about a fight with Aperture Harmonics. We recently burnt down their system "Polaris" and after a gap that inevitably punctuates wormhole matters, Aperture were looking to strike back.

Build up

The action started a few days ago, when an alliance called Norcorp attacked a solitary Rooks and Kings tower in J120823. The tower, installed during a previous (completed) operation, belongs to our wormhole corp, Guillotine Therapy.

We formed up to defend, bringing in some of our LS/0.0 folk too, including myself. Norcorp didn't show to kill the tower, although we did decloak and kill a rather suspicious guest: an Aperture Harmonics covert.

During the following night, we saw an Aperture fleet entering the wormhole in the US TZ. We estimated it be around 20 ships. For a land lubber like me this sort of thing is rather exciting - being informed in the morning of the 'goings on' during the night; silhouettes spied from the ramparts and all that.

The next night, in US timezone, Norcorp returned and began sieging an unarmed medium pos, with a Naglfar in siege and some 10 ships for support (t3 mainly, and a couple Guardians). Directional scan briefly revealed some Aperture Harmonics lurking in the mist. We only had some five people on, so why were Aperture not attacking this lone dreadnaught in siege?

As soon as the tower went RF (and thus, hopefully, the trap might lax and take time to spring), we attacked the Norcorp group with 8 guys, using Agent's untriaged carrier on the edge of the shield for rep.

After killing a Tengu, two Guardians and a Scorpion, we drove off their support and started on the Naglfar. Sure enough, once he hit one-quarter armour, Aperture Harmonics started appearing on scan:

We returned to the shield as they warped in to extract the Naglfar. For such an elaborate trap, given their economic resources, I would have expected AHARM to kill the dreadnaught regardless, simply to attempt to maintain the deception (but then, perhaps, the game was indeed up).

http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=k ... l_id=25219

This episode had given us some action and also left us with a pending tower reinforcement timer, which was to exit RF at 1900 on Friday.

Making a connection

Aperture promised to show for the tower but we weren't so sure - after all, we'd recently cleared out their second system, 'Polaris', and despite giving them an entrance to the wormhole, they hadn't shown up. Granted, they did have their own op at the time - but we decided to push a little harder for action.

So, whilst waiting for the tower timer on the Friday, we started chain collapsing for pvp. It ocurred to us, of course, that rolling Aperture's system would be perfect to ensure a fight. And sure enough, the wormhole Gods decided to make things happen and we almost immediately rolled 'Nova', the home system of Aperture Harmonics. Perhaps this would suit them too, we reasoned - after all, they might want to bring heavier ships in to kill the tower. The alternative would be that they'd want to collapse the entrance. Either way, they'd soon show.

Main Battle

To begin with, let me say that I feel bad FCing anything in wormhole space. Guillotine Therapy are an amazing group of people, both in their skill and their sense of charity. If I forget to bookmark an entrance, jump the wrong wormhole or simply stumble mindlessly through the darkness, within moments I'm given an A to B to C warp route and put in the right place.

So it must seem odd that when the fight starts, this sheep they've herded into the battle is then put on a chair, given a Christmas cracker party crown and allowed to conduct the events. But Eelm and Curufin weren't around and the GT folks were left with this errant sheep to wage battle with. Still, if Leyo, DexoU and co. were concerned about having their 0.0/LS FC command in the depths of unknown space, they generously tolerated it.

After some time building up (we were doing the same), Aperture warped faction battleships and capitals into our bubble on the Nova wormhole entrance. We jumped into them and the stage was set: us with a triage Archon, a Bhaalgorn and T3s and them with faction battleships (including two Bhaalgorns), triage and dreads.

I should say a word at this point about Nova itself. Nova is a Class 6 Magnetar. This used to mean double damage, half-lock range and a 100% bonus to all ECM modules. After (some) of Aperture Harmonics used an issue with the latter part as an exploit, the WH conditions were changed to simply double damage and half lock range.

Obviously these bonuses put our lone triage pilot, Agent Xero, in a tricky spot. Aside from the extra damage of a dreadnaught in a Magnetar (and fully faction fitted dreads with 3 damage mods, no less) there was the more pressing issue of two hostile Bhaalgorns ready to neut him. We tried killing their Bhaalgorns outright but their own triage rep made that impossible.

The key was winning the capacitor battle. Somehow Agent managed to juggle his own cap between self-tank, remote rep and keeping our own Bhaalgorn (Seliah) fed. With help from a jamming Tengu (Emymna) our one Bhaalgorn gained capacitor superiority over their two.

This allowed Agent to hold at peak recharge while we moved on to put cap pressure on their triage carriers (heavy target switching) and Seliah's Bhaalgorn began to neut out the Moroses. The guns of the first Moros fell silent just as Agent dipped to 1/4 armour.

It was around this time that we were able to start killing ships. An Apoc Navy issue and Armageddon Navy were killed quickly, followed by one of their Bhaalgorns. The other Bhaalgorn warped off, significantly reducing the capacitor threat on the field. Their first triage carrier then became prime and despite a Pith X-type tank, melted fairly quickly (he was reported on 5% capacitor as we switched to him).

After he fell, we began killing the first (Capped) Moros. The second Moros was now reported at 30% capacitor but the dps was no longer enough to trouble Agent, who had virtually burnt out his reps from the earlier tanking. Due to hectic preparation we'd been short a Damnation for much of the fight so where the finesse of extra resists failed, raw overloading muscled us through (along with Agent's experience).

Once the first Moros died we switched to the second, stopping only to pop a Loki along the way. At this point the fight was essentially decided, since the second Moros was full capped out too. We were now free to switch to support, killing some and scattering the rest.

Their last two triage carriers then perished. All three triage carriers sported faction, deadpsace and officer fittings, tech 2 rigs and meta2 capital modules.

Needless to say, the AH pilots were podded (for such is the nature of wormhole space). When they returned, though, local was very cordial.

http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=k ... l_id=25279

Last Act

This still left the business of the 1900 tower. We decided to camp both sides of the wormhole (i.e. half in Nova and half in the system where the tower was coming out). We waited like this for around three hours (admittedly not with a full fleet - some jumped back and went to the pos for refreshment).

When the POS came out of reinforced, nothing happened.

We started repping it and after it was restronted, some AH snipers arrived to kill our anchored bubble. They then warped a Revelation to zero of the wormhole, to collapse it. This was unexpected, since they could have drawn us off by making some kind of move on the pos, and then jumped the Revelation safely back and forth. As it is, he jumped into a large gang and died quickly. The rev was fully faction fit, complete with meta 2 reps.

Back on the other side, the snipers were out of range for us to point (though unable to do any damage to us) and we exited via Nova's static WH connection, probed our way back to where we started and regrouped the fleet on the (repped & restronted) tower.

God damn that was a sweet BR. Sounds like wormole space is where it's at.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

WH space > K space anyday. The lack of blobbing is such a relief

We had a pilot warp to one of our poses last month in a golem fit for range, with no backup...

http://www.lsp-eve.com/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=813

Man was I pissed that I was out of the WH on Nyx watch (It worked out though )
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Thanks for the BR Lord M, looks in order with what I heard from the guys. Can you please stop killing us when I have to do school shit, thanks in advance.

Looks like a welp day for us, but shit happens and we aint leaving yet B)

Impressive BR, most impressive...

nice report, is r&k also using such expensive fits on all their ships in WH space?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror
    Still, if Leyo, DexoU and co. were concerned about having their 0.0/LS FC command in the depths of unknown space, they just couldn't wait for it and just enjoyed it so much.

fixed , Lord

Piracy isnt always blowing stuff up.

Sometimes its more like fishing.

Our tale begins in our home WH cycling our static C3 looking for stuff to do.

NK goes in scouting in a covert ops and he sees a 2 towers, a mauler, a loki and a machariel on d scan.
    Quickly d-scanning down the POS's he finds that the loki and mach are piloted but the mauler is off d scan away from the POS.
    He warps around the system and finds it not at a POS but in space somewhere. Probably in a gas or grav site mining.

Now we will shoot anything but a huffing maller doesnt sound as tasty as a loki or machariel if only we can entice them away from the safety of the POS.

I jump into the system in my cloaky proteus and drop some combats of d-scan and cloak up. I then procceed to d scan him down to 15 degrees and see what planet hes at and at what range so I can gauge my probe deployment on him and get his location in 1 pass of the probes.

Just as I am about to call the probes in and go for it he disapears of d-scan and NK tells me he has landed back at the main POS.

Quickly taking the opertunity I swap my overview to sites and not ships scanning and locate the ladar site he was in and BM it and move my probes back off d-scan.

NK says the maller is warping again and shortly he arrives back in the site.

I decide to send the probes back in so I get a zero warp in rather than just warp into the LADAR at range and possibly get decloaked by the gas cloud.
    As I know exactly where the site is I set the probes to 0.5 AU and position them accordingly.
    I start moving in the direction of the site so Im at enough velocity to warp immediately as I get the hit.

I send in the probes and get a 100% hit and initiate 'warp to 0' and then immediately move my probes back off D-scan again.
    I land right ontop of him and decloak while activating my sensor booster and point him.
    At this point I dont want him to die just panic so I release a flight of 5 warrior II's and talk in local:-

khazak mokl > hey u want a ransom?
    ? T'hena Kha'tek > someone in local
    ? khazak mokl > 30 seconds
    ? khazak mokl > 50 mil

Fingers crossed we wait to see if the Loki and Mach will warp in to save the day.

Back at there POS Nk reports that the mach is gaining speed and it warps off in the direction of the site.

I immediately activate my heavy blasters on the maller and it pops just as the mach lands.
    I cant believe it. . He's warped in at 0 so I immediately activate my TS scram and hes sat there like a duck while I orbit @ 500m raping his shields.

I call in the gang and they jump into the C3 and start to warp to me to join in the fun.

At this point I decide something is wrong with the Mach as its already dropped though shields and its just into armor as the gang land and start ripping it a new A-hole.

Local chat ensues:-

DiiJay > wi pay

We are rubbing our hands together - a nice payout seems in order for a Mach even a fail fit one so I say:-

khazak mokl > how much?
    ?DiiJay > what you want ?
    ?khazak mokl > 1 bil
    ?khazak mokl > 1 min to decide
    ?khazak mokl > soon as it hits my wallet ur good to go
    ?DiiJay > ok
    ?DiiJay > just a sec
    ?DiiJay > making transfer
    ?DiiJay > going to make a loan

We start the count down and our scout says there is no reaction or amassing a rescue fleet at the POS so we give him a minute. It hits zero so one of us starts shooting and takes him slightly into hull.

khazak mokl > 30 secs left ( I generously give him more time to pay up)
    ?DiiJay > please stop
    ?DiiJay > im poaying !
    ?khazak mokl > soon as the cash hits my wallet
    DiiJay > just wait a sec

At this point phrank gets involved:-

Phrank Phish > we dont have all day son. . . .
    DiiJay > im all out of isk
    ?DiiJay > but leneding from a mate
    ?DiiJay > you know i cant do anyhting
    ?DiiJay > 'and im willing to pay it

We start to think we might be better off if he just ejected and left us his mach as ransom but if he leaves his ship he really hasnt gained anything except not getting a KM.

We decide he could have expensive implants if we play it right we could get him to eject.
    Phrank warps back to out home system to get a devoter to bubble up.

To help him decide to eject I say:-

khazak mokl > well the km and possible drops are just as good as 1 bil to us so hurry up
    ?khazak mokl > HIC is coming now to so ur gonna loose the pod to if the cash dont arrive soon
    ?khazak mokl > dunno what implants u have but i wud get the cash fast.

We wait with fingers crossed as the seconds tick by as we wait to see if he takes the bait and ejects. . .

5 seconds pass. . then 10 seconds. Suddenly it seems like his diliberations are up and he decided discretion is the better part of valor. . . He ejects and flee's in his pod to the safety of his POS before the HIC lands.

NK warps off to dump his ship and pods back into the C3 to collect our battle-scar'ed reward. I swap my drones to light armor reps and activate them on the mach . . There about as helpful as a chocolate microwave and do FA that i can see to reparing it . . . .I dont know why I bother carrying them sometimes.

Phrank Phish > thats ransom enough for us. ta :-)
    ?khazak mokl > cheers m8
    ?khazak mokl > fly dangerous

NK lands and after we unlock the mach he gets in and. . . 'HOLY SHIT . . . X-type fit' ensues.

We all go wild rubing our hands together in an orgy of imminent phat lootz payout frenzy till NK links the fit.

Libberated Machariel
    Highs

7 x 800mm repeating scout artilerys

Mids

2 x True sansha Webs
    2 x ecconamist tracking computers

Lows

Centus X-type explosive hardener
    Centus X-type kinnectic hardener
    Centus X-type thermic hardener
    Shadow serpentis EANM
    Centus X-type Large armor repper
    2 crappy gyros?
    And crap T1 rigs

All items soon to be up in Jita 4-4

Khazak

And if that sounds too retarded even for w-space, witness the 1.1bil Raven (NOT Navy issue) found doing a c3 anom while other ships were being combat scanned in the same system.

Khaz I can't fix your spelling and grammar on these forums :P
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Cool story Khazak.

I like these little scraps more then the "relevant" fights that are the normal meat of W&P. I wouldn't mind reading about more unusual/memorable small stuff that's not going to change any maps.

I'm wondering what R&K's goal is with AHARM and in WH space in general. Do you guys just want to take out the perceived top seed for pew or is there something more that i've missed?

LS6

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize
    And if that sounds too retarded even for w-space, witness the 1.1bil Raven (NOT Navy issue) found doing a c3 anom while other ships were being combat scanned in the same system.
    I see your 1.1B Raven and present you with the 1.2B Drake. Also loved the BR Lord Maldoror.

Quote Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour
    I'm wondering what R&K's goal is with AHARM and in WH space in general. Do you guys just want to take out the perceived top seed for pew or is there something more that i've missed?
    The more fighting goes on the better the price of the stuff coming out of wormholes.
    Look at what happens to prices of stuff that no one fights over but can farm all day.