hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Anyone still playing?

Anyone still playing?

Been playing this a few days and I've got to admit, it's scratching an itch.

Anyone wanna give me a basic run down of there experience - this is still in beta? Any idea what's going to change between now and release?

And finally, how da fuq do you deal with snipers if your in a slow ass ship like a Zealot and there's no cover??

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    And finally, how da fuq do you deal with snipers if your in a slow ass ship like a Zealot and there's no cover??
    hahaha you don't
    on of the reasons why i don't play anymore.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

1: I play sometimes but rarely.
    2: EVERYTHING will change. Usually monthly.
    3: Go where theres cover. There is always cover on the objectives, if only the objective itself. If theres no cover, why are you not on an objective? (Also, bitch at the team for a 'ceptor to go kill the sniper for you, sometimes this works)

What the poster above said.

I still play occasionally. Have gone back to t3 to level up fighters now. After flying t4 for ages slaughtering noobs is easy.

Random observations:

As a fighter (e.g. Katana S) your missiles have quite a long range, 10km. Whilst approaching enemies keep mousing over them to check their health etc. I generally carry armour piercing missiles, so if you see a damaged guy without shield that's an easy right click kill. I even use the sensor mod so I can lock faster Good players will of course use cover and so on.

As an interceptor (e.g. NoDachi) you don't have long range missiles. You can get guided missiles but they are a bit shit I find, so I use EM damage rockets. There is a knack to using these, you want to fire as close as possible to get a hit, but you don't want to catch yourself in the blast >.< The ultimate rapemobile tactic is to dive in blasting rockets to strip shields, then open up with shrapnel cannon at close range. Shrapnel cannon is also a love/hate weapon, I still cannot decide whether it's effective against smaller/faster enemy ships or not.

As a long range frigate I want to gouge my eyeballs out in frustration, it's just not fun tbh. I don't have the snipey one, I have the torpedo one and can't be bothered to level it up more really. The engineer frigate is really good I believe, it certainly heals the hell out of me - but I haven't flown one.

Engis can be damn fun, but they fall over if a light breeze looks at them funny.

Teaches you to use cover properly pretty damn well.

Gah.

Isn't PvE is broke or is it just me? If you don't have an engineer with bots and a cover shield you seem to melt unless your in a ceptor (at tier 3)

No idea haven't tried it in months. Last time I did it everyone just hugged the capital ship, which made all the npcs stop firing (this has been fixed). Then it was lots of tedious million hp bullet sponge shooting etc. You do get a fuckload of money and guaranteed loot from it tho if you win...

But yeah you need engy frigates and shields etc, and non-retarded teammates. If you put together a proper team it might be a good way to farm cash.

Its a GOOD way to make money, but yes, you pretty much need an engi. It can be done without it, though it takes a lot of work.

Is this any good compared to star citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    It's more war thunder or world of tanks in space. Good twitch based, objective driven pvp. Good graphics however with a gotta get-em-all mentality to units and gear, and virtually no content beyond a few arena's (it's in beta still I suppose. but there's less than 10 distinct game modes/maps for pve and pvp combined... given the level of grind, that's pretty bad).

To compare it with star citizen would be like comparing apples with unicorns.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Been playing this a few days and I've got to admit, it's scratching an itch.

Anyone wanna give me a basic run down of there experience - this is still in beta? Any idea what's going to change between now and release?

Is now playing.

It's more war thunder or world of tanks in space. Good twitch based, objective driven pvp. Good graphics however with a gotta get-em-all mentality to units and gear, and virtually no content beyond a few arena's (it's in beta still I suppose. but there's less than 10 distinct game modes/maps for pve and pvp combined... given the level of grind, that's pretty bad).

To compare it with star citizen would be like comparing apples with unicorns.
    Thanks for the explanation - was confused because the names are similar.

Because we've all played star citizen.

Its free, and the client isnt too heavy, so its worth downloading it unless you have the shittiest download limit in the history of the universe, give it a try, if you like it you like it, if you dont, uninstall and move on.
    Its not a game to play all day long, though, its a pick-up-and-fuck-about game at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Because we've all played star citizen.

Its free, and the client isnt too heavy, so its worth downloading it unless you have the shittiest download limit in the history of the universe, give it a try, if you like it you like it, if you dont, uninstall and move on.
    Its not a game to play all day long, though, its a pick-up-and-fuck-about game at most.
    I'm a casual gamer and I have a lot of the "pick up and play" games at the moment, I get my space fix with eve, so I'll give this one a miss for now- cheers for the offer tho.

if i get super bored i'll dl it