Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [ABORTED] Roles Salad

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    $LordsServant

Also you need to put a dollar sign next to my name if you want to lynch me

I've just read through the rules and my character is probably the suckiest in the game. damn RNG.

Also sorry for the nickname but it was given to me when i was in primary school and its stuck ever since

the a changed to a 4 due to most sites/games not allowing spam as a username because... well because they thought it would be spam i guess.

Is this your first game? Because claiming a role (even hinting at one) day1 is a really bad idea.

$LordsServant

$Sp4m
    There are no villagers. We all have a role man.
    Yes, everyone else's is completely unguessable so far. We know his is, what he believes to be, the most boring one. That narrows it down, and in turn narrows down the others too.
    well its day one for a reason i wasn't exactly going to sit there and just silently vote! we're supposed to be working out who eachother got right?

Donor
    $LordsServant

I've just read through the rules and my character is probably the suckiest in the game. damn RNG.

Also sorry for the nickname but it was given to me when i was in primary school and its stuck ever since

the a changed to a 4 due to most sites/games not allowing spam as a username because... well because they thought it would be spam i guess.

Is this your first game? Because claiming a role (even hinting at one) day1 is a really bad idea.

$LordsServant

$Sp4m
    Yes, everyone else's is completely unguessable so far. We know his is, what he believes to be, the most boring one. That narrows it down, and in turn narrows down the others too.
    well its day one for a reason i wasn't exactly going to sit there and just silently vote! we're supposed to be working out who eachother got right?
    What I got is no plan. Full steam ahead choo choo!

$LordsServant

$LordsServant

$Sp4m
    Ain't no gettin offa dis train we're on

$sp4m

End of day is end of FHC day yes?

Yes. Note however that this day is double-length. So end of day is end of FHC tomorrow-day.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

So I guess $sp4m is the best lead so far? I dunno if I would say a mafia role is boring but it is his first game.

DF got a role he wants to stay alive with. What that means is unclear, could be mafia, could be important village, could just be DONT DAY ONE GANK ME YOU FUCKS mode, but hes playing like it.

Why no one notices this more I dont know, so ima just go ahead and call it for the benefit of everyone else, but hes no nav6 with the sneaky plays, thats for sure.

Well he's sperging all over the place like so it just about normal for him.

Yes, indeed, but hes dropping hints (like always) rather harder than I'd think people could miss...

I mean, sure, its no change to his normal play, but hes led at least one match around by the nose in the past, and I was sitting there watching it happen while at least 4 of the better mafia players just let it happen, along with several more less experienced people, so...

Better to point out where hes trying to go with the hints, so people can look back and spot them later, force him to do things with a bit more subtlety, perhaps.

also in case the PRs are newbies:

if you're an investigative role use your check on a GOOD player so you can start building a strong town (but beware of any non-town-but-innocent-on-investigate roles)
    if you're a protective role, use your protection on EITHER a good player, or someone you think is a power role
    $Darkflare

You get my vote for two reasons, first off, Bodyguard can't do much harm with protecting someone and gets a chance to take down an evil guy, he should actually protect likely targets. Doctor should really carefully consider doing this, since doctor is an incredibly potent class in the endgame and getting killed by accident in the beginning really hurts the village. Secondly, no comment at all on my suggestion for the mayor to out himself and people's reaction to it. Your attempt to distract from this by starting up a new, entirely unrelated discussion was a very bad move. If you were a part of the village, you'd have an interest in either pointing out the flaws of a mayor outing or you'd be very vocally supporting it. Derailing only makes sense if you are neutral or mafia. I'm guessing you are a neutral fishing for doctor protection, insinuating that you are a strong player by contributing semi-good advice to the village's benefit.

You people need to lynch Dark Flare and you need to stop killing talkative newbies that appear to be mafia, they give up a lot of decent clues throughout their game and can always be killed midgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    DF got a role he wants to stay alive with. What that means is unclear, could be mafia, could be important village, could just be DONT DAY ONE GANK ME YOU FUCKS mode, but hes playing like it.

Why no one notices this more I dont know, so ima just go ahead and call it for the benefit of everyone else, but hes no nav6 with the sneaky plays, thats for sure.
    Also this.

Donor
    Wait my baseless vote has legs? Oh dear.

fone poastin

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Fmar i have the full game. No time to play and it's only $5.99 http://j.mp/wuweeo #simcity.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar

wat

i haven't done any self preservation at all

if you think this is good self preservation you should see when i turn it on
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

You spam more posts out and huff about 300+ games played?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine View Post
    also in case the PRs are newbies:

if you're an investigative role use your check on a GOOD player so you can start building a strong town (but beware of any non-town-but-innocent-on-investigate roles)
    if you're a protective role, use your protection on EITHER a good player, or someone you think is a power role
    $Darkflare

You get my vote for two reasons, first off, Bodyguard can't do much harm with protecting someone and gets a chance to take down an evil guy, he should actually protect likely targets. Doctor should really carefully consider doing this, since doctor is an incredibly potent class in the endgame and getting killed by accident in the beginning really hurts the village. Secondly, no comment at all on my suggestion for the mayor to out himself and people's reaction to it. Your attempt to distract from this by starting up a new, entirely unrelated discussion was a very bad move. If you were a part of the village, you'd have an interest in either pointing out the flaws of a mayor outing or you'd be very vocally supporting it. Derailing only makes sense if you are neutral or mafia. I'm guessing you are a neutral fishing for doctor protection, insinuating that you are a strong player by contributing semi-good advice to the village's benefit.

You people need to lynch Dark Flare and you need to stop killing talkative newbies that appear to be mafia, they give up a lot of decent clues throughout their game and can always be killed midgame.
    you're putting an awful lot of analysis into the fact that i skipped over your post about mayor outing

mayor outing day 1 is fine by me, but any time I've suggested something like that in the past the town has poo-poo'd it so whatever
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Cant read the thread? Must be mafia, $Darkflare
    I'm also up for a darkflare bandwagon because lol.

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

wat

Exactly.

I'm insulted you didnt put the effort in when people like me, nav, dpid, etc are in the game too. Its not like I'm helpless anyway, but at least make me put some effort in, eh?

wat

Exactly.

I'm insulted you didnt put the effort in when people like me, nav, dpid, etc are in the game too. Its not like I'm helpless anyway, but at least make me put some effort in, eh?
    why would I need to put the effort in when there was no-one seriously voting me earlier? if someone else was being lynched and I ran in all "BUT GUYS IM SO FUCKING TOWN" what good is that

Well yes, but you've given me "important role" today, where you could have just played it calmer (or better would work too, you're not exactly good at the calm in mafia, to be fair) and given me nothing.

I mean, you might just have nothing and be running it to get the potential bandwagon that was possibly forming on you to leave you alone, and I guess that worked, but you're drawing attention early in the game, and thats only a good play for a loon, which you're either not, or really bad at.

Well yes, but you've given me "important role" today, where you could have just played it calmer (or better would work too, you're not exactly good at the calm in mafia, to be fair) and given me nothing.

I mean, you might just have nothing and be running it to get the potential bandwagon that was possibly forming on you to leave you alone, and I guess that worked, but you're drawing attention early in the game, and thats only a good play for a loon, which you're either not, or really bad at.
    Did you not read the other games? Drawing attention is kinda my thing. You just have to tread the line, scummy enough that mafia keep you alive in hope town will lynch you, townie enough that town don't lynch you.