hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [TMA] Space Trucking

[TMA] Space Trucking

Starting to look at it. Seems interesting, have some questions though:

Is space trucking without a Freighter worth it? (Indy V)
    Do you guys use any tools to know what items to haul, like eve-central?
    Do you sell directly to buy or setup sell orders?
    How much capital do you need starting out?

Re: [TMA] Space Trucking

when I first started the game I bought npc trade goods, moved them like 8 jumps and resold to higher buy orders from npc corps. Made like 12mil, thought I was pretty rich. jumped into lowsec got my bestower alphad. I was heartbroken because I needed the isk from the hydrocarbons to pay off my loan shark. Although I think that was the only hauler ive ever lost so theres that.

Does that answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Starting to look at it. Seems interesting, have some questions though:

Is space trucking without a Freighter worth it? (Indy V)
    Depends, but usually its quite dangerous nowadys. If your using a T2 Indy, tank it or use the cloaking device and if you are tansporting something valuable don't fly AFK!

Formula to work aout a reasonable max valua of cargo is:

Code:
    (Cost of ship hulls + T1-Artillery-Fitting needed to alpha you) - Insurance = maxvalue you should transport
    And esp. between Amarr and Jita, DO NOT FLY AFK if you have something rmotly valuable onboard!

Do you guys use any tools to know what items to haul, like eve-central?
    It can behelpfull, but their data gets spoilt (or at least was back then) by malicious people before DT now and then .
    So use it with discretion!

Do you sell directly to buy or setup sell orders?
    Depends on how good you're at marketPvP. It can increase your profit BUT if its trade by someone where you are selling, your better of just selling to buyorders (if you wanna avoid the hassle)

Hard to tell and depends on what you exactly wanna truck around. I guess some hundred m's are ga good start.
    If you're really like space trucking, aim for a freighter and contact one of the known transportcorps (Red Frog, but there are others) and they will help you i reckon.

Making golden statues and raising your insurance premiums

Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor
    And esp. between Amarr and Jita, DO NOT FLY AFK if you have something rmotly valuable onboard!
    The main 0.5 sec bottleneck systems are Niarja and Uedama. If you have both of these on your autopilot avoid list, it's usually impossible to go between any two major trade hubs without passing through lowsec.

Hard to tell and depends on what you exactly wanna truck around. I guess some hundred m's are ga good start.
    If you're really like space trucking, aim for a freighter and contact one of the known transportcorps (Red Frog, but there are others) and they will help you i reckon.[/quote]

RF usually recommends that applicants have at least 1bn isk and a freighter capable of moving with a capacity >= 860k m^3. This is their upper limit on value and volume per contract; they do get some smaller ones, but a lot of their customers are paranoid (this is EVE, after all) and set the full 1bn isk collateral for everything. You should also have a clean criminal record; i.e. no history of scamming or corp theft.

There are some really crazy people there - I know one of their members who operates 3 frieghters in parallel and who has personally accepted over 20bn isk worth of contracts at once

I dunno man I enjoy trucking
    MAX damage posting

Trucking would be awesome if there weren't so many suiciders and scammers.

surely you guys cant really think courier contracts are valuable compared to pretty much any other way of making isk, right?

This is notreally about 'its more efficient then xyz'.
    Mea asked if you need a frighter to be a spacetrucker and we respond.

There ARE other ways to make more ISK/h but if he wants it this way ...

space road trucking done right looks like this

look at collateral

now look at contents

40m for a legion, 50m for everything in the second pic

that's how I kept my subs active for a couple months

space road truckers fuck yeah

i read threads and make bad posts and i'm all out of read threads

shitposting shitposts one shitpost at a shitpost

??????????????????

Gratz and at those gimps setting the couriers up

P.S.: The legion is missing a sub oO

I need to start looking at couriers

Smuggo

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden
    I need to start looking at couriers

if you're into serious trading (aka going trough 50+ orders twice a day), download EVEMentat, its quite awesome tool.

Using your full API and market imports from cache (you just have to look at the item in market) it lets you know which orders need changing, copies new price, etc etc. Saves a lot of time really

If you are totally new to trading well its not rocket science, go to a mission hub and sell ammo, drones, mods.... or go near a 0.0 entrance and sell ships/fittings/ammo/paste etc. Just ask yourself what you usually need when you open the market You can also sit in station and play the 0.01 isk war but bots will beat you to it and it takes too much time imo.

Never move empty, time is money. Always look for stuff to bring back, buy meta4 loot, check contracts, maybe start PI ? Just don't move empty if you can avoid it.

Hope this helped

How do you check inside containers for the contents of courier contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dysgenesis
    How do you check inside containers for the contents of courier contracts?
    When you accept the courier, you are given a package. Open the package, do not repackage nor "break". It will then let you see the contents without voiding the contract.

At this point you must decide if it is worth more than the collateral. The answer is usually "no". Sometimes you get lucky and pay a 1b collateral for a freight container full of 5b worth of nocx, however.

Ty, mabe a career change is in order if it means legions for 50M.

So you can see through both the plastic wrap and the freight containers as well? I was under the impression you could only look 1 layer deep. That certainly is an interesting revelation....

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    So you can see through both the plastic wrap and the freight containers as well? I was under the impression you could only look 1 layer deep. That certainly is an interesting revelation....
    Afaik you can't see ship fits without jumping through some hoops(yay for item exchange contracts) but you can see anything within that plastic wrap. Only place you might be able to hide something is the fuel bay on a blop, but then thats only fuel so......

actually you can hide expensive shit in a courier contract still, you just need to put the expensive shit on an assembled ship, obviously only works for mods and such. and then put an assembled can in the courier contract too with some stuff in it. The contracter won't be able to do an item exchange contract then as there is stuff inside the container and therefore won't be able to see the items fit on said assembled ship....

Contracts to 'Admiral Rufus' please

Quote Originally Posted by cillisia
    actually you can hide expensive shit in a courier contract still, you just need to put the expensive shit on an assembled ship, obviously only works for mods and such. and then put an assembled can in the courier contract too with some stuff in it. The contracter won't be able to do an item exchange contract then as there is stuff inside the container and therefore won't be able to see the items fit on said assembled ship....
    however finding a contract with all that effort put in to it is probably worth cracking open anyway, unless people start setting up fake ones with high collaterals.
    spaceships go woosh