hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round N+2 Gaem thread or Nobody_Holme is a useless cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Im done building my case now
    Tell you what, as you are my prime suspect for mafia anyway, we should lynch you and if you turn out to be a villager then we believe you and lynch dpidcoe. If you both turn out to be villagers I would then be the next logical target mostly because of this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Toxic for reasons I cant remember but something he did in a previous game.
    Ha, didn't register that he was playing.
    Not only did I vote directly above your first post in this thread dpid, we also chatted on irc about mafia a day or two before the game started.

Liar
    I meant "I didn't register that toxic was playing" meaning that I'm sure I read your name as one of the players, but when thinking of who to vote for, it slipped my mind that you were actually playing until lana voted for you.

Also, the IRC stuff was in the context of chatting about that one mafia game from months ago.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Also, the IRC stuff was in the context of chatting about that one mafia game from months ago.
    It shows what we already knew, that you are a smart player, who understands the value / consequences of attaching yourself to another player.

So without dodging the question again, why would you attach yourself to Lana?
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

why would you attach yourself to Lana?
    You're starting a bit soon imo. Two votes isn't a pattern, especially for someone who's a no-brainer to vote for. How about this for an alternate theory:

You're the don and lana is mafia. Knowing that you're an obvious lol vote, you have lana vote for you. That way either people won't want to vote for you because fear of associate with lana, or when lana goes down it'll make a suspicion train. It creates a situation that makes it easy to work things in your advantage either way.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    dpidcoe

I'm going to have to go with Toxic here, since even with his ego, dpid is a strong player.

Fuck I fell asleep.

$abstain if it can count.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post
    dpidcoe

I'm going to have to go with Toxic here, since even with his ego, dpid is a strong player.
    Probably too late to edit my post and correct the vote so:

$$dipidcoe

It kinda seems like Toxic is suggesting that if you vote with another player, then you're mafia, which strikes me as a bit of a stretch -- how do you tell between "attaching" and just agreeing with someone (especially when it's voting for the same person two rounds in a row)? I'd rather choose Toxic than dpid for that reason, though we've got four people not doing much too (vDJ, Ort, Steph, and cool).

$vDJ $Toxic as for the moment the vote seems to be tied. I'd rather vote for someone less active tho.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

$$dpidcoe

Two votes is significant, this game won't last much longer if two villagers die each night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post
    It kinda seems like Toxic is suggesting that if you vote with another player, then you're mafia, which strikes me as a bit of a stretch -- how do you tell between "attaching" and just agreeing with someone (especially when it's voting for the same person two rounds in a row)? I'd rather choose Toxic than dpid for that reason, though we've got four people not doing much too (vDJ, Ort, Steph, and cool).

$vDJ $Toxic as for the moment the vote seems to be tied. I'd rather vote for someone less active tho.
    We may not have to lynch vDJ as he has tried to abstain, which is not allowed. Not voting two days in a row means he will be removed automatically (he didn't vote day 1 either).
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post
    how do you tell between "attaching" and just agreeing with someone (especially when it's voting for the same person two rounds in a row)?
    Agreeing with people is fine, you can argue that a case was build, that you share the same views and reached the same conclusion. In this case there was no basis to agree on tho, it was a lol-vote. Every game day1 is a lol-vote. Many games day2 and day3 may be as well.

- When I play as a villager I always mix up my lol-votes so that no pattern can be read into it, deliberately.
    - When I play as a mafia I always try and suggest a pattern so that if Im later caught I will take down one or more villagers that I have attached myself to.

Dpidcoe is experienced enough to know and use the same tactics. That is my issue with his voting pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    We may not have to lynch vDJ as he has tried to abstain, which is not allowed. Not voting two days in a row means he will be removed automatically (he didn't vote day 1 either).
    I'm terrible.

$abstain $dpidcoe if it still counts.

I'm not caring about the vote formatting, as long as its obvious its a vote. Use common sense and i'll notice it.

Also, you ARE allowed to abstain, but its a self-vote, so you probably dont want to.

Processing results nao.

Nav 6 - vDJ changed to Toxic
    Larkin - Dpidcoe
    Toxic - Dpidcoe
    Ort Lofthus - Ort Lofthus (Must vote day 3)
    Steph - Steph (Must vote day 3)
    Cool09 - Dpidcoe
    Lana - Toxic
    Dpidcoe - Toxic
    vDJ -vDJ changed to Dpidcoe

Dpidcoe is hung at the hanging tree, in his house is found some worn underwear with "I'm the Don, Bitches" written on them. Given his lack of mafia alignment, you conclude that he must have been the Don's secret lover. (You fucking guys have killed both halves of the special win conditions BY LYNCHING in the first two fucking days. FHC, best trollforum on the internets. -.-)

Shortly afterwards, Lana is found, drowned in a 1-inch deep puddle. Foul play is suspected. -1 Villager.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Nav 6 - vDJ changed to Toxic
    Larkin - Dpidcoe
    Toxic - Dpidcoe
    Ort Lofthus - Ort Lofthus (Must vote day 3)
    Steph - Steph (Must vote day 3)
    Cool09 - Dpidcoe
    Lana - Toxic
    Dpidcoe - Toxic
    vDJ -vDJ changed to Dpidcoe

Dpidcoe is hung at the hanging tree, in his house is found some worn underwear with "I'm the Don, Bitches" written on them. Given his lack of mafia alignment, you conclude that he must have been the Don's secret lover. (You fucking guys have killed both halves of the special win conditions BY LYNCHING in the first two fucking days. FHC, best trollforum on the internets. -.-)

Shortly afterwards, Lana is found, drowned in a 1-inch deep puddle. Foul play is suspected. -1 Villager.
    Wait wut? Dpid was the Don's secret lover? So he knew who the don is? Well fuck.

Yeah gonna need a clarification here. What was his alignment exactly, and what was his special role?

What exact information people did and did not have I shall not be revealing until the end.

EDIT: His alignment was village, he had no power over the mafia and knew only the don's identity. Had two win conditions, survive with the don (who had to get his mafia minion killed to win this way) or identify the PI (he didnt know at the start) and escape with them publicly without the lynch vote moving to either of them before the day ends.

It does strike me that people probably never heard of the escape rule. Any player, regardless of alignment, has the option to escape the village instead of voting for a day. They lose, but they survive. Its a pretty shit idea (any chance of a win is better, right? this isnt actually an RPG...) but its an option that exists.
    Last edited by Nobody_Holme; September 19 2013 at 05:06:26 PM.

Few points/questions:

So could he still win with the village by lynching the mafia?

Still on the fence on apoligising to him or dancing on his grave.

The line "who had to get his mafia minion killed to win this way" suggests there are two mafia members.

Was this the last special role? Or do you have more surprises in store for us?

And that running away rule should have been listed from the start. And is pretty bad to booth

He could win with the village, yes, but only after both other options were removed (PI and Don died).

Minion was... not intended to specify singular or plural. Theres too many people for solo-mafia to work, so it shouldnt be any form of information. There may be two, there may be three. Four would mean i'd have posted must-lynch today, so you now know there are two or three. I guess thats my bad, sorry. Lets just pretend I can type and put a (s) after minion there, shall we.

That was the last rule that I've not taken from somewhere else, but given that not everyone knew the run away rule, there may be other things you dont know about. They're all tried and tested, though, and only the mafia can nightkill.