hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Round N+2 Gaem thread or Nobody_Holme is a useless cunt

$Larkin

Or... I could be a retard.

Painkillers apparently making me more woozy than I though so I completely missed the fact that the mafia can tie up at least any vote, and even if they hit the doctor tonight, take the win tomorrow night.

Therefore, correction to my previous statement, GAME OVER. Flawless victory to the mafia.

Depressingly, the only votes for a mafia member ALL game were a single self-vote that caused a tie, and ort.

Things I've learned from this game: Posting to tell you that I'm working on the results is a good thing, late EU is a much better cutoff time than afternoon EU, and prepare all the shit before giving a start date for the game, because if you dont shit will come along and punch you in the face about it.

Sorry guys, my bad.

(Also, one vote from Ort from achievement unlocked: no votes against mafia members in the entire match.)

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Or... I could be a retard.

Painkillers apparently making me more woozy than I though so I completely missed the fact that the mafia can tie up at least any vote, and even if they hit the doctor tonight, take the win tomorrow night.

Therefore, correction to my previous statement, GAME OVER. Flawless victory to the mafia.

Depressingly, the only votes for a mafia member ALL game were a single self-vote that caused a tie, and ort.

Things I've learned from this game: Posting to tell you that I'm working on the results is a good thing, late EU is a much better cutoff time than afternoon EU, and prepare all the shit before giving a start date for the game, because if you dont shit will come along and punch you in the face about it.

Sorry guys, my bad.

(Also, one vote from Ort from achievement unlocked: no votes against mafia members in the entire match.)
    LOL it was all good. No hard feelings NH.

For those wondering, I was the Regular Mafia and Navi was the Don. Here's our QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/NshR25NrAWG

Larkin, I forgive you for lynching my sweet cherry blossom. All the others who did are dead. You villagers will raise a plinth in dpidcoe's honor, and see that its base remains covered with flowers forever.

In the middle of cooking -- will put more feedback down later. But nice game Holme!
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Im STILL not sure if Im sorry I got dpidcoe lynched or not. But Im leaning towards not

Oh and lets please forget I practically suicided >_>

GG and onwards to the next one. But we need to figure out how to get more players.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Hah. GG mafia.

I was El Doctoro.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    But we need to figure out how to get more players.
    Sniping the daythread worked for me. I got like 20 people to join that time I did it.

I'll try and get tomorrow's daythread, but I might miss it so someone else should keep an eye out too.

I'm sorry I missed the vote. It's not much of an excuse but I got distracted by the fact that my father wants to go to court again

Next game I'll use some alarms on my phone so I don't forget to check out the thread.

gg mafia, I hope I'll get better at this

Both our two new players did well, not kicking up dust left and right without purpose.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Well, Ort was the only vote for a mafia member, and vDJ managed to live to be the last death.

So yeah, newbies besties.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Fuck you guys

tapa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Fuck you guys

I wasn't really sure about the whole don's-lover thing when Holme told me about it, and I think it could use a bit of tweaking. If we hadn't randomly lynched Cull in the first round, I probably would have killed dpid a few rounds later, as there just didn't seem like any reason to have someone who knows who I am and is trying to kill me around. I don't see the benefit to the don / mafia side at all.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post
    I wasn't really sure about the whole don's-lover thing when Holme told me about it, and I think it could use a bit of tweaking. If we hadn't randomly lynched Cull in the first round, I probably would have killed dpid a few rounds later, as there just didn't seem like any reason to have someone who knows who I am and is trying to kill me around. I don't see the benefit to the don / mafia side at all.
    He wasn't trying to kill you though. He must have been trying to win with you or something, as he was going hard after a villager both rounds he was alive. How he was playing didn't make any sense at all, since the PI was dead, he could have just outed the don and won with the village. Instead he was playing with the mafia, when he doesn't actually win with mafia. Lynching him was the right move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Publicly calling out the don would have caused a suicide, and he didnt know who the other mafia member was, so privately calling it out was unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Publicly calling out the don would have caused a suicide
    So he dies if he reveals the don? Still would have been wayyy better for the village.

Also having a very complex role that no-one knows anything about makes figuring anything out impossible. Not surprised how things turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

And I didn't know who anyone else was.

I was only going after toxic because he was the obvious joke vote, had he picked up a 3rd vote I would have switched to one of the AFKs. Even better if someone actually tried to defend him or seriously accuse.

Had the PI not been killed, I had about 6 different ideas in mind for how to play it, several of which included screwing holme over with a rule technicality. Had the don been someone who was actually interested in making the game fun(ny), there was a lot of stuff that could have been done even after the day 1 PI kill.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    And I didn't know who anyone else was.

I was only going after toxic because he was the obvious joke vote, had he picked up a 3rd vote I would have switched to one of the AFKs. Even better if someone actually tried to defend him or seriously accuse.

Had the PI not been killed, I had about 6 different ideas in mind for how to play it, several of which included screwing holme over with a rule technicality. Had the don been someone who was actually interested in making the game fun(ny), there was a lot of stuff that could have been done even after the day 1 PI kill.
    I was certainly up for it. What were you thinking of?
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

The most obvious idea was to keep the game close up until there are 4 people (me, other villager, you, mafia) left. You lead a vote to lynch your own mafia (don't tell him whats up for maximum butthurt), then the following turn I kickoff the vote to lynch the remaining villager (again for maximum butthurt).

And then everyone would probably be mad because there was really a side game going on that none of them knew about.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good