hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 347481828384
Results 1,661 to 1,672 of 1672

Thread: Space Engineers - New FHC Server Restarted, steam://connect/88.150.159.130:27816/

I figured I'd have a few minutes before going off to work but the server seems to be down. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    I figured I'd have a few minutes before going off to work but the server seems to be down. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.
    Steam broke shit with their new API; any dedicated servers that run mods will not function

Hi everyone, we're aware that the DS can no longer download mods from the workshop, and therefore won't start if you have any mods added to the world.

Steam changed their API yesterday, and didn't warn anyone. Basically the deal is the DS uses an old method to download from the workshop, and Steam has apparently decided to not support this method anymore. We've reached out to Steam for clarification, and are investigating how we can fix it from our end. This does affect both ME and SE!

This is currently top priority, so please be patient while we find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Steam broke shit with their new API; any dedicated servers that run mods will not function

Hi everyone, we're aware that the DS can no longer download mods from the workshop, and therefore won't start if you have any mods added to the world.

Steam changed their API yesterday, and didn't warn anyone. Basically the deal is the DS uses an old method to download from the workshop, and Steam has apparently decided to not support this method anymore. We've reached out to Steam for clarification, and are investigating how we can fix it from our end. This does affect both ME and SE!

This is currently top priority, so please be patient while we find a solution.
    Genius.
    The Developers have posted here.

It's not looking good.

Welp. We could eventually temporarily switch to a no mods game, if no-one is using modded stuff.

Would removing the mod fix it?

Using a few armoured thrusters but can make do without them.
    Last edited by Darkening; December 20 2017 at 09:15:35 PM.

My ship's using armoured thrusters. It took ages to get the stuff for all 1640 thruster components. I dunno if the ramps I used for the sloped hull are from a mod?
    That said if we don't have a choice then we may as well go vanilla.

Somebody on that link I posted has mentioned editing a dll file to get it working. I don't understand it myself, sounds risky.

Edit: I'm in now. to say the Devs implied in that reddit post that they couldn't do it quickly they seem to have done it very quickly.
    Last edited by Netjerenbau; December 21 2017 at 06:35:45 PM.

So I have lost 2 mining rigs to a weird bug. I build the ship on my main roid and it flys perfectly fine and normal. I go get a load and head back to the roid, again nothing out of the normal. I'm in microgravity but I can hold station even with a full hold. I dock with the station connector, unload the ore, and then undock and my ship plummets to earth like its mass increased 100X. Anybody else getting this or know how to avoid it? it's super annoying.

I made a ship:
      Spoiler:

Those side pods were a later addition, it was slow as balls before.
      Spoiler:

It can land on the moon, thanks to 3 large Ion thrusters pointing down (not shown).
      Spoiler:

It needs weapons, I'll probably put some gatlings on the same level as those lateral thrusters. I also need to figure out hangar doors as I currently can't pressurise the hangar.

For those interested, we have an asteroid station above the south pole

Spoiler:

Spawn on the Asteroid Installation medbay if you want. That large yellow craft in the back is a captured mining barge with 2x refineries and 2x assemblers. Needs a bit of work to get it ready, but if somebody wants a good starting vessel in space they're welcome to it.

Has the server fallen over? I'm stuck on Joining World.

Edit: Next morning & no change. It's still showing 4/12 the same as last night. I still can't get in, can anyone else?
    Can we get a restart?
    Last edited by Netjerenbau; January 5 2018 at 06:14:15 AM.

The server seems to be working again. Dunno if it is for everyone as somebody kept trying to join & leaving causing much rubber-banding.