hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1778

Thread: Space Engineers - FHC 2018 Edition

  1. #1741
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,668
    Looks like theyve released a bugfix patch which should address some of this. Suggest we start a new server from scratch tho

  2. #1742

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    That'd be nice.
    I've read in a few places that script-heavy mods like the build & repair one cause problems now too so a restart should probably be fairly vanilla-ish to start with.

  3. #1743

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Dunno how long the server's been restarted for. Is anyone else on it? If so are we doing space or just sticking to the planet?

    I'm not gonna go for a stupidly large ship this time. That last thing took ages to turn around & the brakes were so pitiful that I never dared to get it to full speed.

  4. #1744
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Dunno how long the server's been restarted for. Is anyone else on it? If so are we doing space or just sticking to the planet?

    I'm not gonna go for a stupidly large ship this time. That last thing took ages to turn around & the brakes were so pitiful that I never dared to get it to full speed.
    I forget I dont have you on steam and never remember to ping you when doing stuff to the server.

    We were sticking to the planet, but then we made it to space, so now we're not. Go crazy.

  5. #1745

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Dunno how long the server's been restarted for. Is anyone else on it? If so are we doing space or just sticking to the planet?

    I'm not gonna go for a stupidly large ship this time. That last thing took ages to turn around & the brakes were so pitiful that I never dared to get it to full speed.
    I forget I dont have you on steam and never remember to ping you when doing stuff to the server.

    We were sticking to the planet, but then we made it to space, so now we're not. Go crazy.
    Thanks. My username on Steam's the same as on here. I don't really do any multiplayer stuff besides this though, so I have 2 friends on steam at the moment, both of them from here.
    Is there a faction we're sticking to? I see a couple but don't know if any of them are us.

  6. #1746
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Dunno how long the server's been restarted for. Is anyone else on it? If so are we doing space or just sticking to the planet?

    I'm not gonna go for a stupidly large ship this time. That last thing took ages to turn around & the brakes were so pitiful that I never dared to get it to full speed.
    I forget I dont have you on steam and never remember to ping you when doing stuff to the server.

    We were sticking to the planet, but then we made it to space, so now we're not. Go crazy.
    Thanks. My username on Steam's the same as on here. I don't really do any multiplayer stuff besides this though, so I have 2 friends on steam at the moment, both of them from here.
    Is there a faction we're sticking to? I see a couple but don't know if any of them are us.
    If you read the names carefully you should get it

    -sent you a steam friends invite.

  7. #1747

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Dunno how long the server's been restarted for. Is anyone else on it? If so are we doing space or just sticking to the planet?

    I'm not gonna go for a stupidly large ship this time. That last thing took ages to turn around & the brakes were so pitiful that I never dared to get it to full speed.
    I forget I dont have you on steam and never remember to ping you when doing stuff to the server.

    We were sticking to the planet, but then we made it to space, so now we're not. Go crazy.
    Thanks. My username on Steam's the same as on here. I don't really do any multiplayer stuff besides this though, so I have 2 friends on steam at the moment, both of them from here.
    Is there a faction we're sticking to? I see a couple but don't know if any of them are us.
    If you read the names carefully you should get it

    -sent you a steam friends invite.
    I got both the invite and which faction everyone's in. I'll join it later, I dunno what it'll do to my base / soon-to-be-ship if I join now.
    Thanks.

  8. #1748

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Server needs updating. I wanted to go fetch some more silicon & magnesium for my base, too.
    Anyone having trouble with multiple build/repairers grinding at each other?

  9. #1749
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    Check your paint colours and the grind colour settings on the Bob (nickname for build and repair) modules, then check you own them - if they're neutral, they grind each other.

    Server will update itself eventually, the only downside of this host is its a bit behind when doing that part - I've done it manually just in case it hadnt done itself yet.

  10. #1750

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    I've got it saying my version is 1188023 & the server is 1187209 still. Hopefully it'll update before the weekend. I notice there's no way to stop Steam updating my game.
    I can't really check now but I got the impression that it was the grind neutrals option that was causing my warring Bobs. I had a fun bug the other day where my welder was taking stuff apart. Switching tools fixed it, but evidently the game still has some issues.

  11. #1751
    Darkening's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,124
    getting the version bit too, got the first relay finished.
    Just one more to go.

  12. #1752
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    First time I've ever had it fail to apply an update.

    Have tried a few manual fiddles and have now fallen back on ticketing the hosts' support people as nothing else seems to work.

  13. #1753

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Server's back up. I got stuck on downloading mods at first but I just subbed to them all & downloaded them separately. Probably not a server bug, SE just does that sometimes.

    SPRT Assailants seem even stupider than I remember. They are supposed to stop in range & shoot, instead they just plough into the moon at close to 100m/s. My base is powered by the scraps of uranium they leave behind, it's insane.

    EDIT: I did log in to find my miner about 1.5Km from my base, just landed on the surface. I'd died in the meantime & had to respawn. Dunno what that was about.
    Last edited by Netjerenbau; October 28 2018 at 12:36:48 AM.

  14. #1754
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Server's back up. I got stuck on downloading mods at first but I just subbed to them all & downloaded them separately. Probably not a server bug, SE just does that sometimes.

    SPRT Assailants seem even stupider than I remember. They are supposed to stop in range & shoot, instead they just plough into the moon at close to 100m/s. My base is powered by the scraps of uranium they leave behind, it's insane.

    EDIT: I did log in to find my miner about 1.5Km from my base, just landed on the surface. I'd died in the meantime & had to respawn. Dunno what that was about.
    It had been running for a while on the old patch, so might have had some wierdnesses.
    Still nothing on my ticket, which is... interesting, given its fixed.

  15. #1755

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Server's back up. I got stuck on downloading mods at first but I just subbed to them all & downloaded them separately. Probably not a server bug, SE just does that sometimes.

    SPRT Assailants seem even stupider than I remember. They are supposed to stop in range & shoot, instead they just plough into the moon at close to 100m/s. My base is powered by the scraps of uranium they leave behind, it's insane.

    EDIT: I did log in to find my miner about 1.5Km from my base, just landed on the surface. I'd died in the meantime & had to respawn. Dunno what that was about.
    It had been running for a while on the old patch, so might have had some wierdnesses.
    Still nothing on my ticket, which is... interesting, given its fixed.
    Tiny patch today. Just the bare minimum to break the server again.
    Hopefully they've fixed the trouble I'm having with Ore Detectors, they seem to be intermittent. At the very least the range is a fraction of what the menu lists.

  16. #1756
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Server's back up. I got stuck on downloading mods at first but I just subbed to them all & downloaded them separately. Probably not a server bug, SE just does that sometimes.

    SPRT Assailants seem even stupider than I remember. They are supposed to stop in range & shoot, instead they just plough into the moon at close to 100m/s. My base is powered by the scraps of uranium they leave behind, it's insane.

    EDIT: I did log in to find my miner about 1.5Km from my base, just landed on the surface. I'd died in the meantime & had to respawn. Dunno what that was about.
    It had been running for a while on the old patch, so might have had some wierdnesses.
    Still nothing on my ticket, which is... interesting, given its fixed.
    Tiny patch today. Just the bare minimum to break the server again.
    Hopefully they've fixed the trouble I'm having with Ore Detectors, they seem to be intermittent. At the very least the range is a fraction of what the menu lists.
    I've started running on the asumption its broken and only playing when Dark tells me its alive.
    Plenty Uranium in my reactors, so no issues. *shrug*

  17. #1757

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Server's back up. I got stuck on downloading mods at first but I just subbed to them all & downloaded them separately. Probably not a server bug, SE just does that sometimes.

    SPRT Assailants seem even stupider than I remember. They are supposed to stop in range & shoot, instead they just plough into the moon at close to 100m/s. My base is powered by the scraps of uranium they leave behind, it's insane.

    EDIT: I did log in to find my miner about 1.5Km from my base, just landed on the surface. I'd died in the meantime & had to respawn. Dunno what that was about.
    It had been running for a while on the old patch, so might have had some wierdnesses.
    Still nothing on my ticket, which is... interesting, given its fixed.
    Tiny patch today. Just the bare minimum to break the server again.
    Hopefully they've fixed the trouble I'm having with Ore Detectors, they seem to be intermittent. At the very least the range is a fraction of what the menu lists.
    I've started running on the asumption its broken and only playing when Dark tells me its alive.
    Plenty Uranium in my reactors, so no issues. *shrug*
    It's up again now. Apparently it can handle small updates?
    My ship needs a metric crap-ton of minerals to complete, then it's just fuel to try and haul the thing off the lunar surface.

  18. #1758

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Apparently my base must stay online when nobody's logged in, certainly it's eating the uranium like there's no tomorrow.
    I seperated my ship from my base, it's only attached via a connector now.
    Also, I just need some hydrogen. Maybe some temporary external engines:
      Spoiler:

  19. #1759
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,733
    Server isnt set to sleep when no one is on it - I could add that, I just never have because its a massive pain to get the option change to stick.

    Also that ship is hueg. I approve.

  20. #1760

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Server isnt set to sleep when no one is on it - I could add that, I just never have because its a massive pain to get the option change to stick.

    Also that ship is hueg. I approve.
    It's no trouble, I just need to remember to keep my uranium high & my grav gens off.

    I managed to launch it. I've since added more batteries due to power trouble.
    The engines are all inside the green thing, it has both ion & hydrogen. I may try messing around with grav in my next ship, I don't fully understand how you'd steer or stop it, though.
      Spoiler:

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •