hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Engineers - FHC 2018 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sundlander View Post
    For you €-mates, I think buying the game on the game website is a few euros cheaper than the steam price.

Also, for me this game is worth the price in this stage. Building custom spaceships and then building custom things to crash them into is better than lego ever was.
    I was just thinking how very Lego those ships look.
    I should look up all my old space-lego models from the 80s and rebuild them in this. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post

I'll buy it as soon as they have a build with multiplayer, even if it's buggy. No money from me until then.
    Likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post

I'll buy it as soon as they have a build with multiplayer, even if it's buggy. No money from me until then.
    Likewise.
    shouldn't be too long, they've already got it working internally, you can see in their videos, I think they want to release survival mode concurrently with it, which is what they're waiting on.

Small update: Steam workshop has been integrated into the game so you can share spaceships, worlds, etc.

This is fun little building sim at the moment...although I am terrible at building things.

May try a space station next. Should be interesting to see how the multi player is when they release it.

Managed to get 104.4 m/s with my first effort!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=189472392
    (I'm terrible with links as well...)

Disclaimer: I know it is early alpha and I know (and hope) a lot of things will change.

Moving feels clunky, both for the walking and flying. Engines autofiring in order to bring you to full stop as soon as you stop pressing keys is gay. Rendering distance is very very short for a space game. There is no any kind of a maps so impossible to navigate in any meaningful manner.
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Disclaimer: I know it is early alpha and I know (and hope) a lot of things will change.

Moving feels clunky, both for the walking and flying. Engines autofiring in order to bring you to full stop as soon as you stop pressing keys is gay. Rendering distance is very very short for a space game. There is no any kind of a maps so impossible to navigate in any meaningful manner.
    You can turn off your engines with K or something, and they won't autocorrect as a result. Also, pretty sure navigation is something that will be worked on since quite a bit of people have brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Azock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post

You can turn off your engines with K or something, and they won't autocorrect as a result. Also, pretty sure navigation is something that will be worked on since quite a bit of people have brought it up.
    Yeah, I figured you can keep speed by turning off power, with Y and I'm aware (and hoping) it will change along the way, just giving my first impression.
    Hiro Cor

They look like toys, not having the right mass. Reminds me of the Red Dwarf Spacebug crash scenes

You can do a lot of damage ramming into things

Willing to bet very few are building with two hulls...very easy to ram things to pieces

I really hope multi player works out well.

Will be waiting to see how MP works, but if it does work well, I'll be building 40k imperial ship type designs, because an armoured ramming prow seems like the best weapon this game will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelek Coro View Post
    You can do a lot of damage ramming into things

Willing to bet very few are building with two hulls...very easy to ram things to pieces

I really hope multi player works out well.
    My plan is to build spear ships, frontal armor plating, shitload of explosives, more armor plating, then all the important bits wrapped in a double-walled hull at the back of the ship. Initial armor plate gets destroyed ramming through the sidewalls of the target, explosives go off inside.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Is space big in this game? or just the small cloud of debris that's seen in the videos?

I realize I am having way too high hopes and expectations on this game. This can never end well.

iw want spacetrucking! Broadside batteries! Mining! (Yes mining) Industry stuffs!
    I do realize I am asking for the bastard son of eve/minecraft/elite

What si the achtuall plan for what this game is going to be anyway? Just "build a ship and ram someone"?
    Last edited by Ashaz; October 28 2013 at 11:34:37 AM.

Since artificial gravity isn't locked-in like Starmade, I think this might be the program to build my Alisair Reynolds fuckoff-huge Lighthugger.

Apparently folks are still trying to find the upper memory limit. I too would be curious to know what that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Do want. $15 isn't even bad.

So there is no way of building moving parts at this point?
    I'd want to build a retractable outer hull.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelek Coro View Post
    This is fun little building sim at the moment...although I am terrible at building things.

May try a space station next. Should be interesting to see how the multi player is when they release it.

Managed to get 104.4 m/s with my first effort!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=189472392
    (I'm terrible with links as well...)
    Interesting first post and regdate there who got banned?

Bought for 11.99 last night.

Addicted.

Building giant Carrier / General Systems Vehicle type ship with air wing and Marine deck space complete with launch bays and drop ship silos etc. Drawn deck / floor plans as it's too big and complicated to construct on the fly.

God help me, my relationship and my job.

Can you launch your fighters and have them do an automated CAP or something? I don't have this game but I do want to build a battlestar.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it