hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Engineers - FHC 2018 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Is there any ETA on getting multiplayer?

At least minecraft SP had zombies.
    no idea, for all I know it might have it on official release, the footage they've shown clearly shows multiple players in shot, as well as tools being used that are disabled in the only mode currently unlocked. It could be that the early copies they sold don't have all the actual features unlocked, possibly because they aren't stable in that build.

At current it's basically like minecraft creative, but actually a lot cooler due to graphics and the fact that you can build spaceships and pilot them seamlessly.

people are already building some cool stuff. For instance here's the supercarrier agamemnon from HW2 concept art:

Note that's only a tiny piece of what this dude is building...

Check their forums for a bunch of nutballs building superprojects.
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/show-...ations-6577447

I'll buy it as soon as they have a build with multiplayer, even if it's buggy. No money from me until then.

Honestly might buy one of the early releases just on the premise of being able to build/fly my own Star Destroyer

It needs kerbals, or at least their enlightened view of health and safety.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

How hard is it to make the ships fly well?

Is it just a matter of more engines = faster / more thrusters = more maneuverability? or do you actually have to worry about symmetry and controls?
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post

Is it just a matter of more engines = faster / more thrusters = more maneuverability? or do you actually have to worry about symmetry and controls?
    there's thrusters reactors and Gyros, you have to include enough Reactors to to power the thrusters properly and it feels like Gyros work better closer to the center of mass, more of either gyros or thrusters improves performance so long as you have enough power to run them adequately. Inertia seems to scale with mass so the bigger you build something the more reactors/gyros/thrusters you need to increase acceleration/turn rate, the speed though is hard capped at something like 300kph, because the maps themselves are only like 50km^3

The Starfury I made is probably the most agile fighter size vehicle I've come up with so far, which is gratifying, it has a ton of thrusters (16 total) and a big block of reactors and gyros right at the center of mass. The damn thing spins on a dime, accelerates like a bat out of hell, and jukes easily with so many auxiliary thrusters.

I haven't actually tried to see what would happen if you made something asymmetrical without gyros to keep it going strait, ought to try that.

The Star Fury is actually a very good space craft design assuming that you could carry sufficent fuel and remass in it.

Low inertia chassis with full control of rotational and translational axes via thrusters on the end of nice long arms. The only simplification you could do is give it three arms in a triangular or even tetrahedronal star configuration rather than an 'X', but then you lose the advantages of having the parallel symmatry.

JMS knew what he was designing for B5.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

there's thrusters reactors and Gyros, you have to include enough Reactors to to power the thrusters properly and it feels like Gyros work better closer to the center of mass, more of either gyros or thrusters improves performance so long as you have enough power to run them adequately. Inertia seems to scale with mass so the bigger you build something the more reactors/gyros/thrusters you need to increase acceleration/turn rate, the speed though is hard capped at something like 300kph, because the maps themselves are only like 50km^3

The Starfury I made is probably the most agile fighter size vehicle I've come up with so far, which is gratifying, it has a ton of thrusters (16 total) and a big block of reactors and gyros right at the center of mass. The damn thing spins on a dime, accelerates like a bat out of hell, and jukes easily with so many auxiliary thrusters.

I haven't actually tried to see what would happen if you made something asymmetrical without gyros to keep it going strait, ought to try that.
    So you could build a lopsided shape (I'm thinking like a B-wing), cram all the thrusters on one end, put all the heavy stuff on the other end, and it'll have no control issues as long as it's not super heavy?
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Can you define the direction of artificial gravity? Or is Front, Back and Down predefined when you start building a ship?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Can you define the direction of artificial gravity? Or is Front, Back and Down predefined when you start building a ship?
    It is not predefined. It is based on the direction the base of the grab generator is pointing. Let me see if I can find a video that some guy made showing examples.

Edit: Someone playing with gravity generators here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GYvxrGZ0r_U
    Also someone using gravity generators to create the ability to walk in a constant circle, and a few other things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tql8f5Rxv-E
    Last edited by Azock; October 23 2013 at 09:58:28 AM.

I need to know more about this game. like, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I need to know more about this game. like, now.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

So you could build a lopsided shape (I'm thinking like a B-wing), cram all the thrusters on one end, put all the heavy stuff on the other end, and it'll have no control issues as long as it's not super heavy?
    I think so? I haven't really stress tested it, but someone made a Heron and it seems to work fine so we know it tolerates Caldari levels of asymmetry.

Game is officially released on steam now as of today. No multiplayer -yet- though.

Quote Originally Posted by Azock View Post
    Game is officially released on steam now as of today. No multiplayer -yet- though.
    its only early access, its not finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack bubu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azock View Post
    its only early access, its not finished yet.
    Yep. I just meant you have the ability to pick it up as of today.

Ban that whiny cunt evading your forum language filter and crying about not being able to get the game right, fucking, now?

basically it's like minecraft, this first release is an alpha, it's not even close to feature complete, much less polished. The nice thing is that they seem to be reusing a lot from their previous game so what they do have isn't really buggy at all.

Yeah it is actually surprisingly stable. The Dev's have said that the survival/mining mode is about 90 percent done already, but take that with a grain of salt. They also do have a Dev Multiplayer that they have used to make most of their promo videos so hopefully that means adding in the general multiplayer won't be such a hassle.

Edit: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2013/10/de...102013_23.html Apparently a lot of the mining/etc are already complete, just undergoing testing and optimizing.
    Last edited by Azock; October 23 2013 at 08:45:33 PM.

For you €-mates, I think buying the game on the game website is a few euros cheaper than the steam price.

Also, for me this game is worth the price in this stage. Building custom spaceships and then building custom things to crash them into is better than lego ever was.
    I seldom post but when I do, it might not be worth reading.