hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1742

Thread: Space Engineers - FHC 2018 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    We, er... moved to a new server.

Because 'Trox has an dedicated server box he wasnt using. Its in the OP of this thread.
    Near the top of page 86 you said you was considering a restart with a planet-based start.
    I can always just make my own lander, I was just curious.
    Last edited by Netjerenbau; June 11 2018 at 11:00:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post

Because 'Trox has an dedicated server box he wasnt using. Its in the OP of this thread.
    Near the top of page 86 you said you was considering a restart with a planet-based start.
    I was entirely planning to, then random timing happened with 'Trox pinging the discord for people to play spengineers with as i was working on the save file and my "get fucked, spawn on earth lander" mod and we went to live on his server as its supposed to run better than mine. My lander luck seems to disprove this, as its eaten 5 of them so far, but I'm still in for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post

I was entirely planning to, then random timing happened with 'Trox pinging the discord for people to play spengineers with as i was working on the save file and my "get fucked, spawn on earth lander" mod and we went to live on his server as its supposed to run better than mine. My lander luck seems to disprove this, as its eaten 5 of them so far, but I'm still in for now.
    I just thought it would be nice to get more people on but I suppose even with a restart we'd just have people eventually wander off like this iteration has had.
    Once I've got a good stockpile of stuff I'll start messing around with lander designs.

I has a drop pod.
      Spoiler:

Turns out the earth-like planet has low oxygen, making it kind of pointless IMO.
    When you first set up this world you said you were gonna put something on the alien planet, did you ever do that? I can't decide between there, it's moon, or Mars.

I've tried the new server.
    The first attempt I put down a small station grid near my lander that was little more than a couple of solar panels & a builder to rip the lander apart. That ended when the station blinked out of existence while I was looking right at it. It wasn't unpowered as it had batteries too & I was keeping an eye on the levels.
    The second one has just ended when I take my time to build a large rover to scout for resources. While I'm digging down at a gold/silver area I have a sudden load of lag & have to force close SE. I log back in to find my nice big rover in fragments.

This ground-based thing was a nice theme for a server but I just don't think the game's up to it yet. I may try again sometime, I may not. Is anyone else having this trouble?

EDIT: It seems my latency is a little high. It says in the menu that it's 126ms but while I'm in-game it spikes and I get warnings about it being above 250ms. My internet does tend to be a bit rubbish on weekends so hopefully it'll improve a bit.
    Last edited by Netjerenbau; June 24 2018 at 05:33:52 PM.

In the few days since that last post I've been trying again. It's not been too bad, apparently my mother's been watching a lot of Netflix & that's messing up my bandwidth.
    I learned the hard way that there's a difference between a large asteroid, far away & a smaller one close up. My 2nd Hydrogen rocket just needs a few tweaks & fuelling the I can begin hunting for Uranium.

The server's been down for all of this evening, I know there's a message that says who to contact if there's a problem but I don't know where the discord is.

Also, am I seriously the only one left posting in this thread?

Edit: okay, I found the discord. I don't understand what I'm doing, though.
    Last edited by Netjerenbau; June 29 2018 at 11:21:27 PM.

I suspect you're the last one.

I cant be bothered at the moment, 'Trox isnt playing alone and has no timezone overlap with you, and Dark appears to be bored.

We'll probably all try again in a few months.

I cant be bothered at the moment, 'Trox isnt playing alone and has no timezone overlap with you, and Dark appears to be bored.

Not bored it's just can't get anything done server keeps playing up with me so parked the ship up with enough fuel to last a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post

Not bored it's just can't get anything done server keeps playing up with me so parked the ship up with enough fuel to last a few weeks.
    I hear the latest beta branch has some rather good multiplayer code. Hopefully once it hits the main version of the game servers in general will be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post

I hear the latest beta branch has some rather good multiplayer code. Hopefully once it hits the main version of the game servers in general will be much better.

Hopefully posting twice makes it doubly true. They've been promising MP code fixes for years but so far have failed to deliver anything that will reliably support MP with more than 2 players. I'm inclined to think they should call time on the current engine and build SpaK Eng 2 on something that has native MP support.

Go look at any of the videos any of the streamers have posted recently.

Its entirely capable of running 16-player games with 16 landers merged together. May or may not be up to coping with more bullshit builds, but we only draw in 5 people at the max anyway.

The long awaited multiplayer update dropped earlier today. Sounds like its an all around resounding success.

Patch notes are here https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/up...layer.7401427/

Yup. It's supposed to be good but I can't start a new single-player world without the game crashing.
    Has the older server also died? I couldn't see it.

Likely to be down due to invalid world file and/or them moving peoples' IP addresses for some server maintenance work - same name, new IP so steam favourites are broken. Its visible for me from the server dashboard and looks up, so lmk if stuck and i'll see what I can do. also bounced it in case it was dead for some reason to do with the update not applying.

If enough people want to play, I can drop a cleaned up world onto it and check it can cope with rovers better than trox's could over the weekend, hopefully. In the midst of moving, though, so dont hold your breath.

I've tried messing with the search filter & I just can't see it. I searched for the terms "fail" and "poe", those would have worked, yes?

Should have, yes. Looking into it.

Whatever you've done seems to have partly worked. I can now see the server on the list & click join. Sadly as soon as I do join I crash but I'm not convinced that's the server's fault as I'm getting exactly the same result in single player, either modded or not. The only thing that seems to be working are the official servers.

Looking at the activity graph, the server is struggling REALLY hard with the game right now just with the world there. Its spiking up to 500% of the CPU limit set at times, I'm honestly quite pleased that they haven't thrown extra fees at me. Looks like a bunch of people have open support tickets with the guys hosting it for the same issue, so I've tagged myself into one of them.

Seeing what they can do with it.

I don't think it'll help the server but apparently single-player works if you turn off all NPCs, including spiders & wolves.