hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New FHC Outfit Thread STICKY THIS BEETCHES

New FHC Outfit Thread STICKY THIS BEETCHES

Since the old outfit thread is out-as-fuck-of-date and the OP hasn't touched PS2 in months, here's a sexy new FHC outfit thread with all the details you need to get set up. If you want an outfit that isn't UBAD listed (you heathen shitfag), post in the thread or something.

All current UBADs are expected to immediately shit it up with gifs* and badposting.

The important shit:

The main FHC outfit is Dotbads, more commonly known by the outfit tag [UBAD]. We play on the Miller (EU) server and are part of the Vanu Sovereignty. We mostly play in the GMT/+1/+2/+3 timezones, but any and all timezones are welcome. We are currently a member of The Vanu Accord (TVA), which is a coalition of VS outfits on the Miller server. This alliance gets us bigger and better fights, as well as more friends to play with and platoons to join.

If you want outfit invites, send friend requests to Saul or Eurobob in game and hassle us when you see us online with /tell NAME (reply to last tell with /r).

RE: Outfit invites, PS2 is awkward. You have to be online to receive an outfit invite; you do NOT have to be online to receive a friend request. Do the friend request first, and when you're online at the same time as one of the leaders (i.e most evenings) you'll get invited.

Get TS3 setup - you will need it. Details are in the Outfit MOTD, which you can find under the 'O' key in-game.

UBAD does not kick FHC bads for inactivity. RL is RL. Friends of FHC members are welcome. FHC member recommending is responsible for their behaviour until they reach the rank of UBAD.

There are no attendance or participation requirements. Also no Santa.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE MAKING A BRAND NEW ACCOUNT - please use one of the recruitment links in my or Bob's (or anyone else's) signature before signing up either through Steam or the PS2 site. You'll get free shit and so will we. If you've already got an account, or a character, no deal for you.

UBAD heavily recommended certs:

Lasher (Heavy Assault - Heavy Gun)
    Lancer (Heavy Assault - Launcher)
    C4 x2 for Light Assault (also Drifter Jets)
    Tank mines, C4 & Anti Personnel mines for Engineer.
    AMS (respawn point) for the Sunderer Troop Transport
    Gate Shield Defuser for Sunderer/Harasser
    High level Healing Tool, Nano Heal and Revive Grenades for Medic
    'Hailstorm' Rotary Cannon & your choice of Frame for the Scythe
    Level 1 Squad Beacon (under 'Squad Leader')

Other UBAD Stuffs You Might Like To Know:

We have been steadily transitioning towards a more air-focused outfit. All UBADs should (ideally) possess at least rudimentary flight skills and a Scythe with the Hailstorm Rotary cannon.

We look for :goodfights: first and foremost, and we often operate as a fast-reaction squad to benefit our empire during larger tactical engagements. Our strength is being able to do anything, be it tactical denial, pinpoint strikes, tank swarms or brutal CQB grunt-work, but air has been the one aspect we have been lacking in. Participation in flight ops is not mandatory (nothing ever is), but some basic degree of flight competency would be useful.

Quick reactions are everything in PS2. Being able to recall and redeploy swiftly as a group is critical both for tactical success and finding good fights, so if you hear a 'Recall' or 'Redeploy' order from your Squad Leader, please listen carefully and do it when the SL tells you to. Your SL is working to get you better fights, and it's a hard job, so please make this particular aspect as pain-free as possible for them.

The One Rule to Rule Them (Fags) All:

No trolling of/being shitty to allies.

This is a simple one. Our continued good relationships with our allies makes for bigger squads, more people to play with and a generally better game for everyone. Shitting that up is shitting it up for everyone. Don't fucking do it kthx.

The Hobbit Rule:

Nothing is mandatory. Ever. We'd love you to be into all the same shit we're into, but if you don't wanna fly, or don't wanna tank, or just want to solo infiltrate, then fill your boots. Participation is better than not participating though - at the end of the day, it's your loss. The one exception to this rule is of course the One Rule. Bilbo had a shitty ring. It happens.

So named because the squat little fucker nobody ever expects anything of can also be the guy who gives you intel, takes you to cool places or turns out to be fantastically useful later.

Current UBAD Skill/Role Gaps:

Our strength is being able to do almost anything, almost anywhere. We react quickly and can apply a huge range of force to almost any situation in a couple of minutes. Even with small numbers, UBAD is often a critical force multiplier in itself. Our diversity of approach and our ~science~ makes us unique.

That said, there are still a few specific roles we currently lack that would be nice to have. If you feel like taking one on, you don't have to ask - just start doing it. This is especially true for Squad Leaders. The currently 'unfilled' roles are:

Squad Leaders (always needed)
    Scout

THAT'S IT BEETCHES GO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY

Spoiler:

Now with all new Outfit Highlights! You'll Laugh! You'll cry OR BE LOCKED IN A ROOM WITH tHornton

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    im tyhe best

im the best
    im the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Hey look you guys are most feared on Miller!

lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanet...k_theyre_here/
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOL View Post
    I have always imagined Battlefield grow into something like PS2, arcady Modern Warfare/WW2 on huge ass maps with hundreds of players. My body was ready like my wallet. Oh Boy I was so wrong

ANNOUNCEMENT: 30 May '14: We had a member purge, mostly of players with six or more months of inactivity. If any of you ever come back, just shitpost here until you get a reinvite.
    Last edited by Saul; June 2 2014 at 06:16:34 PM.

Other heavily recommended certs in order of importance:

C4 for the Light Assualt
    As many explosives as possible for engineer, our outfits role/playstyle revolves heavily around blowing shit up.
    AMS for the Sunderer
    GSD for Sundy or Harasser
    Medic's healing tool and revive grenades

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Since the old outfit thread is out-as-fuck-of-date and the OP hasn't touched PS2 in months, here's a sexy new FHC outfit thread with all the details you need to get set up. If you want an outfit that isn't UBAD listed (you heathen shitfag), post in the thread or something.

As UBADs you are expected to immediately shit it up with gifs* and badposting.

The important shit:

The main FHC outfit is Dotbads, more commonly known by the outfit tag [UBAD]. We play on the Miller (EU) server and are part of the Vanu Sovereignty. We mostly play in the GMT/+1/+2/+3 timezones, but any and all timezones are welcome.

If you want outfit invites, send friend requests to Saul or Eurobob in game and hassle us when you see us online with /tell NAME (reply to last tell with /r).

RE: Outfit invites, PS2 is awkward. You have to be online to receive an outfit invite; you do NOT have to be online to receive a friend request. Do the friend request first, and when you're online at the same time as one of the leaders (i.e most evenings) you'll get invited.

Get TS3 setup - you will need it. Details are in the Outfit MOTD, which you can find under the 'O' key in-game.

UBAD does not kick FHC bads for inactivity. RL is RL. There are no attendance or participation requirements. Also no Santa.

UBAD heavily recommended certs:

Lasher
    Lancer

The One Rule to Rule Them (Fags) All:

No trolling of/being shitty to allies.

This is a simple one. Our continued good relationships with our allies makes for bigger squads, more people to play with and a generally better game for everyone. Shitting that up is shitting it up for everyone. Don't fucking do it kthx.

Spoiler:
    New to the game- i was wondering.

Updated OP with Bob's suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post

C4 for the Light Assualt
    As many explosives as possible for engineer, our outfits role/playstyle revolves heavily around blowing shit up.
    AMS for the Sunderer
    To expand on this:

2xC4 for Light Assault lets you kill a Sunderer instantly unless it has blockade armor (However...see the next item if that's the case).
    Tank mines for engineer lets you kill a Sunderer instantly unless it has mine guard (However...see above).

Other stuff I would consider adding to the heavy recommendation list:
    Recon Dart 2 (80 certs total)
    Repair Gun 4 (90 certs total)
    Hailstorm (250 certs total)

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Proximity mines for the engineer are also handy. Drop them somewhere you know the enemy will need to go.

They are peraiatant so you can resuplly to tank mines and still kill peeps with prox mines.

fone poastin

Hello, my name is QuackMcDuck ingame and I greatly approve of this announcement and service

Also, if you read this, like first person shooters and are not playing this with us: shame on you and your whole kinship.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post

C4 for the Light Assualt
    AMS for the Sunderer
    To expand on this:

2xC4 for Light Assault lets you kill a Sunderer instantly unless it has blockade armor
    -O
    No it doesnt.
    2 sticks put it into burning (assuming it doesnt have blockade).

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post

C4 for the Light Assualt
    AMS for the Sunderer
    To expand on this:

2xC4 for Light Assault lets you kill a Sunderer instantly unless it has blockade armor
    -O
    No it doesnt.
    2 sticks put it into burning (assuming it doesnt have blockade).
    Whoops, yeah. Takes three to kill it. But teamwork makes that entirely doable.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    im tyhe best

im the best
    im the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest

Please update OP with tHornton's input.

Done.

Who the fuck do I have to :anal: around here to get a sticky? This forum needs a mod for admin shit (we've never had to close a thread in here, to my knowledge. Maybe an FHC record?).

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Done.

Who the fuck do I have to :anal: around here to get a sticky? This forum needs a mod for admin shit (we've never had to close a thread in here, to my knowledge. Maybe an FHC record?).
    Hels

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    hels in chaerge of being the other games forum mod when he doesnt actually play games

He also gets very butthurt when you make fun of him for buying a horrible game ( see simcity thread's)

I will fucking gut you.

Quote Originally Posted by Armag3ddon View Post
    He also gets very butthurt when you make fun of him for buying a horrible game ( see simcity thread's)

I will fucking gut you.
    oh man I forgot about that

the SimCity thread was/is glorious. So much self-loathing denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armag3ddon View Post

I will fucking gut you.
    oh man I forgot about that

the SimCity thread was/is glorious. So much self-loathing denial.
    I got my first and only infraction in that thread. So much butthurt.

(also so much bad posting by me)

Started playing this recently after like a year of of blind bittervet refusal to play, but is actually good funs. Added saul/eurobob, my char's name is RelPor, BR20-something LA with doubleC4, also certed a bit for ESFs with pods but my reverse manoeuvre success rate is about 10% in actual combat, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    Started playing this recently after like a year of of blind bittervet refusal to play, but is actually good funs. Added saul/eurobob, my char's name is RelPor, BR20-something LA with doubleC4, also certed a bit for ESFs with pods but my reverse manoeuvre success rate is about 10% in actual combat, heh.
    Welcome dude! I'll log in shortly to see if you're on so you can have an outfit invite tonight & catch the friday crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    Mine is at 0.1% and that 0.1% I'm not sure about.