hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Dawngate. Very different moba. map atleast.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar

Dawngate. Very different moba. map atleast.

Sitting next to a developer for this game while watching LCS regionals. Ill check out more later but he seems to be allright. Will have beta codes later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Requesting first dibs

tapa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Not hard to get beta codes, they give them out at their stream all the time. Need to play it again.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    It was really a refreshing 'MOBA' experience. The demo they had was fairly limited and they were out of codes by the time I got there. But omfg was it addictive. MY ONLY CONCERN is EA. He said they only use the Origin Account system and will have their own launcher, but if he was a liar and I have to launch from Origin... Dunno still on the fence.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

It uses EA account system. Noep noep noep noep.

Pity, might be a good game, but that right there is a giant red flag that they might consider pushing it onto origin down the line.

I just lost interest.

Not that I am too addicted to DotA anyway but trying a new would have been nice. But fuck doing anything EA related.

I got into the beta but only had time to play two games before the servers went down (they're up every weekend if I understand correctly).
    It's nowhere near finished (needs more characters, some graphic improvements and the necessary balancing) but I think it has potential.
    I think jungling/counterjungling/ganking might be more interesting than in LoL.
    The Guardian (the thing you need to destroy to win) being similar to a mmo boss instead of a dumb building + the fact that turrets rebuild themselves after a while + the control over passive income via the spirit wells allows for some nice comebacks.
    Oh and you need an EA/Oryigin account to register for the beta but not Orygin itself to play (thank god).

I'll come back when I have more games under my belt but it's definitely interesting.

Hey this sounds interes

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    EA
    Well nevermind then. Tell that developer he's a twat.

At least the beta is free v0v

(for now)

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    more interesting than in LoL.
    What isn't?

pretty fun game

Beta will be peachy until they impliement ea style monetizations im sure. Or are they already accepting cashmonney for an unfinished, unbalanced product?

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
    Not hard to get beta codes, they give them out at their stream all the time. Need to play it again.
    I'll get in a fight and my kidneys beaten so i could also have blood running out of codes.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    did this thread really need bumping? (it didnt)

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe View Post
    Beta will be peachy until they impliement ea style monetizations im sure. Or are they already accepting cashmonney for an unfinished, unbalanced product?
    They are iirc. I won't spend a dime on it. I really wish they had gone the DOTA2 route, or just released a full priced game with all the content. I'm pretty much over the League of Legends pay model and F2P games in general honestly.

That being said the game is very interesting and I am enjoying it right now over other dota games; roles like gladiator, predator, etc that any character can pick to receive specific income bonuses, the unique map, vast array of items, solid lore.

EA pulled the plug, not enough money to make.

From Matt Bromberg, Group General Manager
    Today, I have the unenviable task of announcing that we’ve decided to stop development of Dawngate.
    I know this is disappointing news for our community, which has been so supportive and loyal. To all of you who have graciously given us your time and valuable feedback during our beta period, we’d first like to thank you.
    Whenever we begin a game project, we do so with great hopes and expectations. In this case, we chose to enter a new genre for EA in MOBA, one that we knew going in was extremely competitive. We built a game in Dawngate that wasn’t simply a clone of existing MOBAs, but one that truly pushed the genre forward in many ways. Dawngate has been in beta for almost 18 months, including a full open beta for the past six months. Through that time, we’ve taken a lot of feedback from players and delivered lots of new features and innovations. And although the game has grown, we’re not seeing the progress we’d hoped for. This isn’t the outcome we wanted, but beta testing is about learning and improving, and ultimately, about making difficult decisions about how to proceed.
    As for the incredibly talented team of designers, producers, engineers, and artists who have put so much creative energy into Dawngate: The game was truly a labor of love, and it shows. We’ve got nothing but gratitude for their hard work, and pride about what’s been accomplished.
    As a part of the process of closing down Dawngate, we’ll continue to operate the game for the next 90 days. All players will be entitled to a full refund of any money spent during the beta. For most players, we’ll process those refunds within the next 10 days. If we don’t have current payment information on file for you, we’ll need to reach out first before initiating the refund. If you have any questions, you can reach us at help.ea.com.
    On behalf of the entire team at Waystone Games and EA, I want once again to thank all our players for being part of this journey. Your straight-up feedback and the friendly reception we received all over the world at events was extremely encouraging and important to us. We appreciate it.