hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Vessels: what changes would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    I allmost never see a dram in lowsec, is there a good reason to use it over any other frigate?
    Hi Root. For a long time the Dram was basically considered the best frigate for being able to kill a frigate 1v1 or get away if losing so it was very popular. It could fit 2-prop and MSE without a fitting compromise.

Post-nerf it became more ballanced but still good I think (?). Since then, T1 frigates and light missiles have been buffed so things like Hookbills tend to do what the Dram did in the past. At some point in that chronology, ockets were also buffed.
    Last edited by Sparkus Volundar; August 21 2013 at 04:54:32 PM.
    Now I have a T2 gun. Ho, ho, ho.

SHC '10 and proud.

The solo roamer dark ages, when every frig was either a Dramiel or an anti-Dramiel fit. What made me take a long break from EVE.

It's still good, it's one of the best ships to crush MWD kiters (except DD, but that's always been the hard counter to the Dram), and it's a decent brawler that can disengage from most fights its losing.
    Last edited by Resi; August 21 2013 at 04:40:30 PM.

I'd like to see 90% webs getting shat on and no more ships that are bonused for neuts AND the most cap hungry weapons in the game.

Power Creep
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Power Creep
    Some of my suggestions or a bit drastic, but they're mostly aimed at ships that don't really work in the first place.

The Worm, Phantasm and Ashimnu are wastes of interesting concepts.

The Ashimmu is a substantially cheaper way to get reppable 90% webs than the Vigilant.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of changing it into a mini Bhaal or not but I think you're selling it a bit short at the moment.

-----------------

Those proposed damage buffs to the Serp line seem a bit steap though I do still think they should lose some web strenth bonus. They are not exactly lacking in raw blaster damage at the moment compared to T1 and Navy crusiers.

Mach has a falloff bonus, which is quite a differentiation with the Tempest FI.

The Blood Raider line have a flat 100% damage bonuses. Changing that to 150% per level sound's bad. Did you mean per level?
    Now I have a T2 gun. Ho, ho, ho.

SHC '10 and proud.

Vigilant needs to be pink, after that it will be the only manly ship to fly.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkus Volundar View Post
    The Ashimmu is a substantially cheaper way to get reppable 90% webs than the Vigilant.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of changing it into a mini Bhaal or not but I think you're selling it a bit short at the moment.
    Just because it doesnt work for your pathetic 1k man blobbage (not calling out sparkus, just agreeing with his point, calling out the nullbears) in nullsec doesn't mean its a bad ship.

For skilled small gang pvp closer to the scales that eve was originally designed around where individual player skill+ship actually matters, ashimmu is great for this work.

We use it for cheap 90% webs as vindi's are too vulnerable to hostile dreads, and ashimmu is cheap enough you theoretically suicide 10-15 and give no fucks in a single fight in order to slaughter an equal or greater number of hostile t3s + caps.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

Just because it doesnt work for your pathetic 1k man blobbage (not calling out sparkus, just agreeing with his point, calling out the nullbears) in nullsec doesn't mean its a bad ship.

For skilled small gang pvp closer to the scales that eve was originally designed around where individual player skill+ship actually matters, ashimmu is great for this work.

We use it for cheap 90% webs as vindi's are too vulnerable to hostile dreads, and ashimmu is cheap enough you theoretically suicide 10-15 and give no fucks in a single fight in order to slaughter an equal or greater number of hostile t3s + caps.
    Its not really... Its usable.. but not great.

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by antoine View Post

Interesting

Mach has a falloff bonus, which is quite a differentiation with the Tempest FI.

The Blood Raider line have a flat 100% damage bonuses. Changing that to 150% per level sound's bad. Did you mean per level?
    Mach is pretty much a straight upgrade over the TFI, that's not really the dynamic between other pirate and navy ships (was for firetail and Dram for a long while). I know there's that CCP slide floating around showing they want Pirate ships to be upgrades over Navy ships, but I think it'd be better for the game if they weren't objectively better and try to differentiate them where possible. The Cynabal probably is better than an SFI on balance, but the SFI has many traits that make it an attractive choice over the Cynabal depending on the situation, I think that dynamic is healthier for the game rather than the dynamic shown between the Mach and TFI currently.

And woops I did make that dumb mistake in the OP, corrected.

And in regards to the Ashimnu, you're right, it is a useful ship currently and it's not as useless as I made it out to be. If Vigilants and Ashimnus cost the same, would you be okay with the Ashimnu being made in to a mini-Bhaal?

Dram is pretty awful now. A bit more damage or ehp and it would be fine.

You can still dual prop it and get 7k+ ehp and 200+ dps out of it.

That's still good for today's meta when you consider it's faster than everything, can apply its selectable dps pretty well and disengage from almost everything.
    Last edited by Resi; August 21 2013 at 06:40:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alcibiades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antoine View Post

Interesting
    10-20 vs 40-50. If you're not holding reps on ashimmu, but killing 2-3 t3s per ashimmu, probably worth it.

Small gang is ~50 and lower in the context I just posted, and to me.

I understand for nullsec guys small gang is "lol you only maxed one fleet" and for elite losec guys its "my 100mn tengu, my bro's 100mn tengu, bob in his talos, and our triple offgrid links."

We need a standardized "eve bible" of terms for this :P
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

Why do you think a long range bonused Ashimnu would only be useful for nulsec blobs?

A cruiser with 24km med neuts and 20km webs screams to me a small gang (<20 peeps) support ship, how the hell does your brain work?

Any more than that and you're better off with a Curse/Armageddon or Rapier/Huginn if you're wanting strong webs and neuts.
    Last edited by Resi; August 21 2013 at 06:52:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resi View Post
    Why do you think a long range bonused Ashimnu would only be useful for nulsec blobs?

A cruiser with 24km med neuts and 20km webs screams to me a small gang (<20 peeps) support ship, how the hell does your brain work?
    I already have rapier and loki for that. Ashimmu range bonused neuts would be nice, but nothing else can pack a big tank + 90% webs until you get up to Vindicator. Vigilant is hugely expensive and sorta lacks the tank of Ashimmu.

Ashimmu has it's niche.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

I'll be amazed if the Mach doesn't get a range nerf or a damage nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I'll be amazed if the Mach doesn't get a range nerf or a damage nerf.
    And watch it turn into the Sansha line of this iteration, useless while everything else powercreeps up to pre-nerf level of so called "OP" shiptype.

Buy your rattlesnakes + nightmares now....gonna get OP next patch.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by Resi View Post

Is lordsservant