hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Valkyrie (aka EVR)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Renox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaydai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    TBH I hope it uses Eve lore and all that but is completely stand-alone.

Anyone remember this game?

Played that to the death (and Freelancer) so I never got around to play Freespace 2 more than a few times at mates. Guess it hasn't aged well though.
    You really should have played Freespace 2 instead. Far superior to either IMO.
    A million times this.

"Do not touch the controls until you are told to do so."
    Tachyon was a really good game, and had 128 man MP long before large-scale MP was the norm, still very few games have it. And the flight model was really fun =)

http://www.gog.com/game/freespace_expansion

http://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

It's not too late if you missed them the first time.

If you can't handle older games with graphics that suck by today's standards than maybe give them a miss tho.
    EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ
    In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter // Facebook // www.evedownunder.com

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam Stroker View Post
    http://www.gog.com/game/freespace_expansion

http://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

It's not too late if you missed them the first time.

If you can't handle older games with graphics that suck by today's standards than maybe give them a miss tho.
    I dunno, I replayed Freespace 2 a few years ago and it has aged reasonably well.

Theres also quite a few mods that improve the graphics quite considerably.

I remember thinking that the freespace graphics were absolutely epic...

Technology is weird.

And of course expect there to be some kind of cosmetic/P2W-lite microtransaction nickel & diming going on.
    Why not just go for full on free to play, then? With the mega successes of F2P games these days, it seems shortsighted for CCP to settle for $20 plus "nickel and dime" microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    And of course expect there to be some kind of cosmetic/P2W-lite microtransaction nickel & diming going on.
    Why not just go for full on free to play, then? With the mega successes of F2P games these days, it seems shortsighted for CCP to settle for $20 plus "nickel and dime" microtransactions.
    If Valkyrie requires the Rift to play, then the game might have too much of a niche market to succeed as F2P.

Movember 2012
    Why does CCP use Lander like a cheap whore?

All you need is fs2. With that you can get fs1 and silent threat reborn which have much improved graphics and effects

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    If Valkyrie requires the Rift to play, then the game might have too much of a niche market to succeed as F2P.
    That would be utterly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaydai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    TBH I hope it uses Eve lore and all that but is completely stand-alone.

Anyone remember this game?

Played that to the death (and Freelancer) so I never got around to play Freespace 2 more than a few times at mates. Guess it hasn't aged well though.
    Freespace 2 has aged very well. Particularly if you grab the updated version of the engine and the higher quality assets.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    wat
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

I think you misunderstood. The idea that Unifex was working on Valkyrie came from his tweet which said "Everyone who played it wanted it to become a real game. Well, we're working on it." Some people must have interpreted the "we're" to mean "me and my team" as opposed to CCP in general.

As to whoring him out - as far as I can tell every dev with a Twitter account tweeted or retweeted about the Valkyrie announcement that day, not just Unifex.
    EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ
    In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter // Facebook // www.evedownunder.com

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I think you misunderstood. The idea that Unifex was working on Valkyrie came from his tweet which said "Everyone who played it wanted it to become a real game. Well, we're working on it." Some people must have interpreted the "we're" to mean "me and my team" as opposed to CCP in general.

As to whoring him out - as far as I can tell every dev with a Twitter account tweeted or retweeted about the Valkyrie announcement that day, not just Unifex.
    He said in another tweet he was involved

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Getting FS2 Open : http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index...lling_fs2_open

FS2 Open is an opensource version of the old FS2 but with a huge amount of improvement, a lot of it graphics-wise.
    There are also quite a lot of good campaigns for it:
    - FSPORT: The entire freespace 1 campaign)
    - Derelict: Years after the freespace 1 campaign you encounter an abandoned lucifer-class vessel in subspace. It is recovered and stuff happens.
    - SOL A history: Multiple chapters about the life after the Sol Node collapses. See technology progress and politics intertwine.
    - Blue Planet: Never tried it but it is claimed as the best campaign ever made.

Those are all 3rd party campaigns based in the FreeSpace universe. There are also plenty of total conversion mods like Wing Commander Saga, The Babylon Project (B5), and Diaspora (BSG).

Don't want single player. single player games stopped interesting me many years ago.
    I want everything currently within Eve but piloting ships to be like the eve valk video. PLEASE

I like single player because I can play without having someone else wanting to match schedules or some crap. Imagine having to attend CTAs in valk.

I just think valk would have boring and repetitive missions that you can memorize or document the order of ships to die first and get bored with rather fast.
    PvE seems to be CCP's weak point across all of its games - EVE pve is bland and repetitive with just the text agents, no voice-overs in the missions or plexes, just text boxes. Imagine if you had to turn on sound to hear the warning about a random reinforcement wave.

Dust has no pve to speak of, and it sometimes hurts the game, not to mention no background story for the people in dust who haven't played EVE.

So if CCP plans to make valk anything with replayability value outside of any dogfighting of player vs player, they need some creativity and innovation to freshen up their pve game.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Those are all 3rd party campaigns based in the FreeSpace universe. There are also plenty of total conversion mods like Wing Commander Saga, The Babylon Project (B5), and Diaspora (BSG).
    CCP allowig for 3rd party mods of games
    lel
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    CCP allowig for 3rd party mods of games
    lel
    Mods? Yes please!