hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 LastLast

Thread: EVE Valkyrie (aka EVR)

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    Bought this over the weekend. Quickly figured out its support for 21:9 is trash and it crops like hell.
    Considering refunding it before my 2hours /14 days runs out; fucking game devs and shitty 21:9 support gets on my tits.
    Have you considered being less autistic when buying monitors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bought this over the weekend. Quickly figured out its support for 21:9 is trash and it crops like hell.
    Considering refunding it before my 2hours /14 days runs out; fucking game devs and shitty 21:9 support gets on my tits.
    21:9 support in MP games is always going to be sketchy. It's an uncommon aspect ratio to begin with, and allowing users to see more based on their AR has obvious balance issues.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    21:9 support in MP games is always going to be sketchy. It's an uncommon aspect ratio to begin with, and allowing users to see more based on their AR has obvious balance issues.
    So support 16:9 properly on a 21:9 monitor and black bar it. like everyone else does, dont massively fuck up everything and stretch it like grannys pants. to be clear its not that its not "OMG amazing" in 21:9 its that it works perhaps worse than any other game ive seen

This argument also is crap if you ask me unless support is dropped for 4:3 and 3:2 - something no-one else does - CS:GO supports 21:9 well in game play (menus are broke, but the render is not); quake champions seems to work well, as does league. Blizzard support it in over watch and whilst they do crop, they do so in a clever and none shit way.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Have you considered being less autistic when buying monitors?
    not really. 21:9 is sweet as fuck when it works, specially at 100Hz; as noted above, its not that its not supporting 21:9 properly, i accept some games dont; the monitor is big enough in any case that iam happy with 16:9 black barred at the side (still roughly the same as a 27" monitor) if needs be...

CCP cant even fall back to behaviour that everyone else does and they fuck up the picture in an massively amateur way.

will play with it some more and see if there is anything that can be done; and yes yes, i am a grumpy old man.

/Rich
    Last edited by Trindermon; October 10 2017 at 05:34:12 PM.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

is /Rich your callsign or are you proclaiming your financial status?

either way lmao

Hurr Durr why doesn't this niche game (on PC) support my very non-standard aspect ratio.

/iAmVerySmart

Quote Originally Posted by Jack bubu View Post
    is /Rich your callsign or are you proclaiming your financial status?

either way lmao
    ohh lol, fuck me. pretty sure i signed a email to my boss trindermon if this is the case....
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Hurr Durr why doesn't this niche game (on PC) support my very non-standard aspect ratio.

/iAmVerySmart
    read what i wrote you nugget.

Move along... fixed it, 16:9 resolutions now black bar as they should, i owe CCP apologies; windows updated my nvidia driver and took the opportunity to fuck over my scaling setting whilst it was at it.
    ill get my hat.

/Trindermon

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    rofl
    i know right.. the shame...

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar

/iAmVerySmart
    It's not very non-standard. According to the Steam hardware survey it's at 1,5% of all resolutions of Full HD and higher (discarded the lower resolutions to get rid of laptops and such). And judging by the monitors models being introduced it's definitely a growth market. We're also seeing more and more game support, most games support it properly out of the box now.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

/iAmVerySmart
    It's not very non-standard. According to the Steam hardware survey it's at 1,5% of all resolutions of Full HD and higher (discarded the lower resolutions to get rid of laptops and such). And judging by the monitors models being introduced it's definitely a growth market. We're also seeing more and more game support, most games support it properly out of the box now.
    Yeah and it works fine in EVE Valkyrie as long as you arent retarded (sorry Trindermon)

Whenever I play, it seems like most matches are half bots or worse. The better times are primetime on the weekends as expected, with more people piling into wormholes when the mode-of-the-week is interesting. Itís a little disappointing though, considering that the game just released for non-VR.

At least the bots arenít total shit, and often out perform human players.

Anyone here on PS4 looking to squad?

http://steamcharts.com/app/688480

16 concurrent players on steam right now.

idk if its due to the complete lack of CCP marketing or the game just being bad, but yeah pretty much dead.

EVE Valkyrie (aka EVR)

http://steamcharts.com/app/688480

16 concurrent players on steam right now.

idk if its due to the complete lack of CCP marketing or the game just being bad, but yeah pretty much dead.
    If you look at the full stats the numbers didnít exist before the rerelease on Sept 26. I would have to wonder if those numbers are only for the non-VR version.

The bulk of the PC VR players will be on Oculus, not Steam. Especially since it was a bundled launch title for that platform. Iím assuming that Vive players are on Steam, but then there must be a different title showing stats for before Sept 26.

Player count seems low but we definitely arenít seeing the whole picture.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; October 17 2017 at 05:20:49 AM.

Yeah anyone remotely keen will have it on Oculus as it released on Oculus a LONG time before Vive. And PlaystationVR is more populus still.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if that playercount is just non-VR too

Move along... fixed it, 16:9 resolutions now black bar as they should, i owe CCP apologies; windows updated my nvidia driver and took the opportunity to fuck over my scaling setting whilst it was at it.
    ill get my hat.

/Trindermon
    Because you manned up and apologized. CCP has gone in and added true 21:9 support.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/evev...25388774527992
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...vr_department/

there goes the next of CCPs adventures downhill.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...vr_department/

there goes the next of CCPs adventures downhill.
    Ah that reminds me of the last time CCP Verone posted about CCP layoffs on reddit. Told the world that they wouldnt be happening and to stop being alarmist, only for them to happen a day later. Never realyl put much stock into any position he held since then. Corporate oraface

That is very un-CCP like of them, they should have spend few more years rewriting their game without releasing anything before giving up.