hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 326 of 326 FirstFirst ... 226276316323324325326
Results 6,501 to 6,514 of 6514

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb Questions, Good Answers

Activity gimmicks like free gifts are almost as bad as loot boxes. It's lazy design. Just make a game people want to play.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    They are short lived "treats" that you can completely ignore if you don't want them. In completely predictable scenes, however, EVE players will naturally complain that the free stuff isn't good enough.
    I mean I dont really care, but that it isnt a new faction BS/module every time confuses and infuriates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    They are short lived "treats" that you can completely ignore if you don't want them. In completely predictable scenes, however, EVE players will naturally complain that the free stuff isn't good enough.
    I mean I dont really care, but that it isnt a new faction BS/module every time confuses and infuriates me.
    only scrubs fly the noobships aka faction BS, you need to have at least a rifter, ie. a supercarrier to be in the cool boys club.

I got a signal 25 needlejack as a logon gift today. So not all totally shit and worthless instant redeem time limited junk.

Super dumb question.

So all the sub cap ship tiers have cloaky variants.

frig > covops
    cruiser > recon
    BC > ?
    BS > blops

Since combat recon ships don't appear on directional scanners.

Has the idea of a recon BC that doesn't appear in local ever been floated?

Suitably gimped combat stats for balance etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Just remove local.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Super dumb question.

So all the sub cap ship tiers have cloaky variants.

frig > covops
    cruiser > recon
    BC > ?
    BS > blops

Since combat recon ships don't appear on directional scanners.

Has the idea of a recon BC that doesn't appear in local ever been floated?

Suitably gimped combat stats for balance etc...
    There still are no BBs that can warped cloaked - and that's fine. Just put a Guise cloak on your BC and enjoy huge lock times and call it "cloaky"
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    "filling in gaps" is not a good case for expanding the ship lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    "filling in gaps" is not a good case for expanding the ship lineup.
    Someday we will have pirate and navy destroyers, pirate BCs, the 4th and 5th T1 BS we were promised back when tiericide started, the rest of the pirate capital ships, a trig version of the marauder, command ship, HIC, recon, T3D, T3C, logistics frig, etc. I am sure it will be any day now...

I was just wondering about the whole, "Scrap Local" argument. Instead of making a change give players another tool.
    A similar situation was when all the null-sec gates were bubbled to hell and back.
    They changed inties so that they were bubble immune, thus giving players a tool to combat that issue.

A ship class that doesn't appear in local(or delayed local, where you only appear if you talk) would be useful.
    You could use it to go whaling against those that dock up at the first sign of a neutral in local.
    If you were a small gang or solo player you could use it to rat in low density null-sec, right under the nose of the blocs without every having to join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I was just wondering about the whole, "Scrap Local" argument. Instead of making a change give players another tool.
    A similar situation was when all the null-sec gates were bubbled to hell and back.
    They changed inties so that they were bubble immune, thus giving players a tool to combat that issue.

A ship class that doesn't appear in local(or delayed local, where you only appear if you talk) would be useful.
    You could use it to go whaling against those that dock up at the first sign of a neutral in local.
    If you were a small gang or solo player you could use it to rat in low density null-sec, right under the nose of the blocs without every having to join.
    The core issue is that ratting ships are warned that I am coming 5 jumps out because a bot is scraping local and lets them know. You don't even have to be undocked to get the intel because local is perfect and effortless.

Think about it this way: how do I have a fair shot at tackling a super ratting 5 jumps away with eyes in local in every system in between? Today they see me 5 jumps out and safe the super. Delaying the tackle ship appearing in local will only work for tackling something in the first system. With delayed local I will still appear in local at some point and give the super 4 jumps away warning. I could get lucky and maybe get a WH closer than 5 systems out, but unless it is directly in the system their eyes will provide warning. Even if it is the direct system the super will be aligned and warp as soon as I enter local.

I have had rare luck with log off trapping the aniom the super was in with a sabre. That is hard to pull off because I have to log in while the super is in warp to the aniom, have the super land on me, and then I can bubble up. I have pulled it off, but it is very rare. If it warp to range then I am 100km away and miss tackle. What makes this easier is to get a blue scout in system to see the behavior of the super and make a plan to tackle it with better intel. This is what HK and TISHU do with their roaming super fleets and they are very proficient at getting super kills. I don't think the endorsed solution to local should be blue scout or bust.

So how do I counter local? Delayed local only works for the first system and gives the ratters beyond that first system plenty of warning to safe up. Your idea of a ship would have to be broken powerful. It would have to be bubble immune or bubbles would would prevent it from getting to the ratters as the eyes could just view the outside of the structure on the gate and scrape the overview. It would also have to be able to hold tackle so the fleet could move from beyond the range of the ratters eyes to get the kill. But then the safest play would be to rat in a super unless you were to allow this ship to also bubble or HIC point. A ship that doesn't appear in local, can hold tackle for a fleet to make it several jumps, is bubble immune, and can tackle a super would be beyond broken.

I will argue the fairest method would be for us to fight over local. Put local as a piece of infrastructure that costs a few hundred million isk a day to operate (therefore providing incentive not to spam it across every nullsec system and also to sink out some nullsec isk.) Give me as a roamer an opportunity to disable it for a 24-72 hours (balance will decide the right length of time. If it is too little then the defender won't care to fight over it. Too long and nullsec ratters will leave nullsec to do other activities.) I think making it an iHub upgrade that would use entosis mechanics would work well here as it limits the times of the day I could remove local and the indexes would force me to stay on grid for upwards of 60 minutes to remove local in the system. It give the defenders opportunities to form a defense fleet and for us to fight. Let the best fleet decide if local stays. If I remove local from enough systems then I get the benefit of trying to tackle ratters without their perfect intel machine.

You have to understand that as a roamer I would prefer to get a fight than gank a ratter. I currently celebrate getting tackle and killing a ratter because it means I beat the perfect intel machine and it's more content than nothing. 10/10 times I would rather get a fight out of the locals than gank a ratter. We were were so excited about the ESS because it would give the locals reason to fight. But turns out it was too punishing for nullsec's income and CCP has nerfed the ESS payouts several times. Today I don't even get fights from the ESS because nullsec realized it's not worth risking a multi-hundred million isk ship for 30 mil isk. It was different pre-nerf when the payouts were 150-300 mil isk. There are a myriad of solutions and ideas, but a true fix is likely really complex and a large investment of time from CCP.

The reason local is different is that it has an intrinsic value. What would a botting super or a dozen ishtars pay to keep local for the next 24-72 hours? It's not an easy calculation like the ESS is (Is my ship worth more than the ESS payout? Yes = don't fight unless I bring a blob.) That intrinsic value is what would make them fight. I think it would be fascinating to see what the various groups do about it. It would add a new tactics for SOV warfare. It would give roamers an objective. It would still be a defender's advantaged system through iHub and entosis. It provides fair counterplay.

Local as a gate module has always been my preferred approach (apart from removing it)
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Has anyone does these before?: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Data_centers

Yes, I've done a couple of these a very looong time ago. IIRC I did those for Amarr as I had totally fucked up my Amarr standings and our corp then decided to join Amarr Faction Warfare. It's kinda boring, but got my standing over the bump.