hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 324 of 325 FirstFirst ... 224274314321322323324325 LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 6484

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb Questions, Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kithran View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    If you want to instantly switch clones without a timer you dock in the citadel the clone is in, jump clone to that clone. Your active clone will be parked in that citadel.
    Check my edit
    You don't.

You can have one jump clone per citadel.

You can clone jump to the jump clone you have in the citadel you are in with no cooldown.

If you want multiple jump clones you need multiple citadels - this is why its not actually stupid to have multiple on the same grid, minimum distance from each other.
    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks man
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Pirate faction frigs. Are they worth it for soloing?
    They are awesome and kind of op, but is it harder to get fights in them?

I am looking for some variety from my incursus and tormentor, but fights per effort matters.

You'll get fights, some even consensual in fw space. Worm is top tier I think.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Succubus and daredevil are pretty common in fw too. Maybe less so now that links are harder to get ?

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Succubus and daredevil are pretty common in fw too. Maybe less so now that links are harder to get ?
    it's strange. When I fly a regular t1, the only fights I get lately are vs faction frigs that proceed to dislocate my bum. When I bring a faction frig, all I find is people running away, complaining that I bring an OP ship and then blobs/traps to catch me.

That, or the double WCS runners who seem to infest fw space.

Pirate frigs arent that strong, the worm is probably the best one but its not fast enought to get out if you start at 0 and its brawling version is only barely better then a comet. Basicely, fly a comet (hookbill/firetail arent bad either, trap fit the the hookbill and dual web arty for the firetail) or if you want to kiter a slicer. But all kiters in FW have one problem, youll get lots of fights but they all start at 0, so if you arent fast enough to get out you are screwed (and to cover 11km from 0m/s in the time it takes a frig to lock you is quite hard). You can get fights without doing that but they are a lot rarer and if people are willing to fight obvious kiters they usually have a ship that can deal with them.

Alternatively, consider training into command dessies. They are basicely super AFs, and you only need the ship skill to 1 to use them because if you use them as combat ships you dont even fit a mjd generator (if you have links trained on your main, then you do want the skills at V, because self linked these becomes even better). For some reason people dont fly these and always think they are always jump fit.

Something like:

[Magus, broom]
    Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
    Damage Control II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
    Warp Scrambler II
    Stasis Webifier II
    1MN Afterburner II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
    Small Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu
    [empty high slot]

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II
    Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Hobgoblin II x5

(if you care to, drop the poly rig to a anti explo one)

Will go almost 3km/s preheat, do 300-400 dps (depending on the drones you use), have 6.6k ehp while repping 141 dps with heat and paste. And its dual prop going 1.1k with an AB. If you compare that to an ishkur you get 500m/s more speed, an extra AB, an extra nos, a LOT more cap even without the nos, 33 to 83 dps more (depending if you use hammerheads) and a bit more agility and ehp. This will beat pretty much everything in the small meta if you fly correctly (i.e kite dessies with the ab and win due to drones, not that its really needed).

Almost all of them (bar the bifrost, which is shit) can do very similar stuff (for example, the pontifex has the mobility of a kiting worm, while doing more dps, more tank, having 2 neuts and more cap). And no one really flies them as combat ships and thus almost no one actually knows what they can do, so people will fight you.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Haven't played since ~2013. Worth coming back on Alpha clone or is it still a super massive timesink and autistic nightmare?

What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

If you are in the right community / corp / alliance, you can just log in, do pvp and log of again. No need for buying, hauling or assembling ships. Also don't join a corp that sits on a titan for 3 hours.

Define "autistic nightmare" please.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

When you go solo roaming. What areas do you preffer? or what do you look for when deciding where to go?
    Also, what ship size/type do you find gies the best results?
    I am considering branching out to nullsec roaming, but I'm not sure what ships would best suit it for survivability in transit / combat power / fight-getting-ability.

I've been roaming the FW areas, but it is getting really frustrating as they just don't give decent fights anymore. 2 months ago I found several 1v1s a day. Now, that just doesn't happen, unless the opponent is flying a 250+ mil faction toy.
    I don't mind losing a fight if it's a good fight. But 4 faction frigs blobbing my lolfit navitas just seems senseless to me. (https://zkillboard.com/kill/58879738/)
    From my recent discussions with the locals, many seem to share my frustrations, while the responsible ones add constructive criticism such as "go cry to momie gaylord" -some 2015 Gallente FW pilot.

Frig sized, and currently i like the area around Ardar.

How would a solo/duo battleship roam turn out?

Yes I am thinking RR Domis, why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

You'll eventually get BLOPs if you live long enough. But you'll find fights in FW systems or null sec entrances.

How good are 2 RR ships without links?

Maybe RR + local rep?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    How good are 2 RR ships without links?

Maybe RR + local rep?
    Is local rep + cap transfer more efficient still?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How would a solo/duo battleship roam turn out?

Yes I am thinking RR Domis, why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thing with battleships is that they are amazing on grid, if you actually manage to get a fight youll do extremely well. A battleship (or two) can take out whole fleets by themselves, you have the mjd which is extremely good at keeping you alive, a lot of tank/ehp and a lot of dps/projection. And heavy neuts are extremely OP.

For the rr domis, id go as other have said with active tank + rr, giving you something along the lines of:

Thats the domi with 1 other similar domi repping it (+3% implants and a standard exile), the fit is just something i threw together so its probably not the best (id consider losing some tank for more dps for example). However i wouldnt really use a domi, its damage is just to low and to easy to evade. It has an extremely good tank but your offensive potential is just quite low. If i had to take a ship using the rr idea id use 2 rattlesnakes or something with 2 rr reps each and a pith x type active tank, very similar tank but twice the dps.

HOWEVER, any battleship is totally crap at hunting anything, you will never get a fight with something that doesnt want to fight you. You also are extremely bad at roaming or moving about, and to top it off you are a interesting enough target that fleets will chase you, and you cant get away from them. The biggest weakness of any BS is that its extremely bad offgrid. 9 out of 10 roams will end with you getting caught somewhere and dying horribly. If a ceptor wants to point you you can either save up and log out or get pointed, you just cant get away (offgrid, due to the mjd your gtfo mobility on grid isnt that bad).

Isn't getting split up on a gate a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Yeah, might have to drop the mjd for a mwd just for that.

What are command destroyers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    What are command destroyers?
    Think AFs in dessy sizes. t2.
    They're cheap and ok-ish. hard to get a fight in, but easier than in a T3 dessy.
    They are also allowed into small complexes, wich is a bit crazy.

You will see blobs of them roaming the FW areas on the weekends.

they can also fit command thingies and jump field thingies, wich can be fun.

He is being a dick, he doesnt actually want to know, its his way of saying that 2 rr bs would be weak to getting mjded (which isnt really true as such, if you stick close enough together its impossible to mjd you apart).