hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 275 of 326 FirstFirst ... 175225265272273274275276277278285325 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 6514

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb Questions, Good Answers

Xenosis's sister
    It will now also prioritize your "natural" remap over bonus remaps, putting it on cooldown as soon as possible so you can get it back as soon as possible.

is a titan that has a clone vat bay active completely immobile or can it still be bumped by other players ?

Quote Originally Posted by Opati View Post
    is a titan that has a clone vat bay active completely immobile or can it still be bumped by other players ?
    Theres no such thing as 'completely immobile' in eve. You can bump clone vatting titans just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Theres no such thing as 'completely immobile' in eve. You can bump clone vatting titans just fine.
    How about stations? Or did you see any of them move? )

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    How about stations? Or did you see any of them move? )
    Obviously i was referring to objects that can move; theres no way for them to ever become completely immobile whether they're sieged, triaged, clone vatted or cynoing, they're all bumpable

Why is there no mechanic that lets you deploy a personal POS in lowsec/nullsec that does not relate to your roles within the corp?

Why can't POS roles simply mean, you have access to POS's set to "allow alliance/corp use" whilst still allowing the budding industrialist the ability to anchor his own POS on day one with labs or whatever?

Like "Launch POS for personal use" or something. Didn't Giant secured containers have this option at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Why is there no mechanic that lets you deploy a personal POS in lowsec/nullsec that does not relate to your roles within the corp?

Why can't POS roles simply mean, you have access to POS's set to "allow alliance/corp use" whilst still allowing the budding industrialist the ability to anchor his own POS on day one with labs or whatever?

Like "Launch POS for personal use" or something. Didn't Giant secured containers have this option at some point?
    You're expecting logic out of ccp's corp roles and POS mechanics? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post

You're expecting logic out of ccp's corp roles and POS mechanics? Lol.
    lol lol lol lol lol.

I seem to have missed out on Rubicon changes to Interdictors Interceptors. In short they are now immune to bubbles. Does this apply to HIC bubbles as well? Don't see why it wouldn't but would rather find out by asking in this thread if it will save me a ship (risk averse strats etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I seem to have missed out on Rubicon changes to Interdictors Interceptors. In short they are now immune to bubbles. Does this apply to HIC bubbles as well? Don't see why it wouldn't but would rather find out by asking in this thread if it will save me a ship (risk averse strats etc.)
    Yes.

Xenosis's sister
    Same rules as T3 Interdiction Nullification: give no fucks about bubbles, but don't get directly pointed (including HIC's scripted infinipoint).

Forgot about infini points but shouldnt be a problem (relatively). Nice change for solo, and scouting.

Im not sure if its even possible to get hictors to lock fast enough to tackle align speed fitted ceptors. Sensor boosted kereses can do it but that about all i've seen.

You can RSB a NIC to 2k+ scan res. that should "instalock*" p much anything.

*yes, I know

And as usual, AUTZ cannot insta spaceships.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    As per your viewpoint you think caps are bad for new player retention. And as it turns out, it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    because by the time you even see him, he's gone. West Coast US gets a touch of that too not as bad as you though.
    A critical exception has occurred. The exception is FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Donor

I'm convinced there was no peer review by anyone when corp roles (and their interaction with POSes) were conceived. They were, and remain to this day, someone's first "back of a fag packet spec" implementation that they just ran with.

Whoever did it has certainly departed the company, and one wonders just what kind of terror it must be to look upon the code that even CCP karkur won't even speak of it, much less touch it. You'd think it would be prime fodder for one of her revamps.

The obvious answer to POS roles is to ignore the code completely, create POS 2.0 with attractive benefits to encourage people to migrate across to (the mechanics of taking down one POS to be replaced by another in situ, on TQ, would have to be worked out). Give everyone a deadline to move, say a year, then delete the old POSes and the rancid code that supports them. Job done. Clearly trying to do anything with the code that exists is an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzel View Post

Whoever did it has certainly departed the company, and one wonders just what kind of terror it must be to look upon the code that even CCP karkur won't even speak of it, much less touch it. You'd think it would be prime fodder for one of her revamps.
    There's a reason that corps & alliances is the final refactoring project.

Xenosis's sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzel View Post
    I'm convinced there was no peer review by anyone when corp roles (and their interaction with POSes) were conceived. They were, and remain to this day, someone's first "back of a fag packet spec" implementation that they just ran with.
    I wouldn't be surprised, considering you can still remove anyone's roles regardless of your own just by being able to see a common window. I don't want to imagine what would be possible if you used teh hax to bypass seeing windows and just directly tell the game what to do.