hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 121 of 269 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122123124131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 5365

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb Questions, Good Answers

What are the mechanics of putting a ship into a ship maintenance bay of (orca/carrier) under fire?

Specifically, I had a lowsec legion engage me (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13622455) who had an orca at the ingate and tried to put his legion into the orca when in half armor. The legion exploded when he did and given the fact that he expressed his surprise over this happening in local as well as me seeing more of his corpmates doing the same later this evening, I guess he was in the situation before.

Bonus questions:
    a) When the orca stole the loot from the legions wreck, it became a valid target and I could have agressed it without getting a GCC and taking sentry fire, right?
    b) However the orca would not be aggressed and could simply have jumped through the gate it was at?
    c) If I had another pilot of my corp on the other side of the gate (highsec), could that pilot engage the orca without getting concordokkened?

I was unsure of the mechanics at that time and let the orca go since I would not have been able to tank the sentry guns.

PS: Highsec aggro mechanics are scary and complicated. I already miss the simplicity of nullsec.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

AFAIK when you eject from a ship to put into SMA or leave it in space it will lose all bonuses from skills and such that might result in the said ship blowing up.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    What are the mechanics of putting a ship into a ship maintenance bay of (orca/carrier) under fire?
    There was a change a few months ago (maybe crucible?) as you could previously just right click the orca and store ship (or board a ship from the SMA). Now you need to eject and the orca then scoops the ship instead. Slightly more long winded but still roughly the same process. It can cause ships to die due to losing skills to keep it's armour/structure high enough to survive but if you know the limits then you should be fine.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Bonus questions:
    a) When the orca stole the loot from the legions wreck, it became a valid target and I could have agressed it without getting a GCC and taking sentry fire, right?
    b) However the orca would not be aggressed and could simply have jumped through the gate it was at?
    c) If I had another pilot of my corp on the other side of the gate (highsec), could that pilot engage the orca without getting concordokkened?
    a) People who go GCC and die leave blue wrecks (free for all to loot)
    b) Assuming a) wasn't the case anyway, looting from an owned wreck just gives a yellow aggression timer - not a "lol you can't jump" 60 second combat timer
    c) No, because of a)

Heh, glad I didn't shoot that orca then.

Thanks for the clarifications and once more - highsec aggro mechanics are confusing and scary.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

I know they stopped the awesomeness of unsubbed training ages ago, but is there currently a grace period between your sub expiring and your skills stopping or is it immediate?

I was under the impression it was immediate, but somebody told me otherwise. I r confused nao.

Last I heard it was 2 downtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ry ry View Post
    I know they stopped the awesomeness of unsubbed training ages ago, but is there currently a grace period between your sub expiring and your skills stopping or is it immediate?

I was under the impression it was immediate, but somebody told me otherwise. I r confused nao.
    I have heard that you get two downtimes of training before you stop. I have an alt running out in a couple of days so I intend to test that :P

Yeah, it's 2-3 days

Is it possible to create an alliance without the executor corp being over thrown/voted out of controlling power?

How prevalent are market bots? I've been producing some stuff to try and get my passive isk generation up to the point where it'll support 3 accounts and whenever i've stuck an order on the market it is immediately and consistently beaten by 0.01 ISK. If it wasn't for the 5 minute cooldown on market order modifications I'd never get anything sold; I'm having to split my items up into multiple sell orders so that I can keep up. I never remember it being this bad.

Most of the .01 are bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Most of the .01 are bots.
    This, now that faction items are up there, anything of worth is .01 ISK'd within about 20mins.
    I had fed navy tracking computers up for sale in Jita and because of the .01 bots and me going 1-2mil under each time I bothered to check, the price dropped by about 20-30mil.

I was trying to see what the floor was on the bots, since when you undercut them by enough from the starting number they stop .01 ISKing.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

the blatantly obvious market bot fix - making a broker's fee payable each time you modify a price - should have been implemented ages ago.

ccp are slack as fuck on market bots - they're largely why i don't ever bother selling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ry ry View Post
    the blatantly obvious market bot fix - making a broker's fee payable each time you modify a price - should have been implemented ages ago.
    So they just keep a stockpile and sell one at a time using spare order slots? If anything, you're encouraging booting because you can list stuff a lot faster than once every five minutes.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Jester wrote a good blog about fucking with the market bots last month, link

Can a max skilled prober with Virtues and 10% hardwirings find "unprobables" in a bonused T3 with a Sisters Launcher find "unprobables" (max sig strength/radius) with a single T2 Grav cap rig or do I need the two T1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Xavier View Post
    Can a max skilled prober with Virtues and 10% hardwirings find "unprobables" in a bonused T3 with a Sisters Launcher find "unprobables" (max sig strength/radius) with a single T2 Grav cap rig or do I need the two T1s?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Xavier View Post
    Yeah, because sensor strength / sig is capped at like 1.14.

Is there any way to view assets on disabled accounts?