hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 721 of 724 FirstFirst ... 221621671711718719720721722723724 LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,420 of 14461

Thread: Lol Security Space

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsdragoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skypoint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skypoint View Post
    On Saturday, CalMil asked Galmil for help dealing with whoever No Handlebars would batphone when Calmil hit a POCO with their Rattlesnake fleet. Trap was set to bring in Bastard Cartel and MC on the batphone.

Much to our disappointment No Handlebars bailed when they realized they were getting teamed up on by militias. While we faffed around trying to figure out what to do next, conveniently Snuff dropped on us instead. Not the fight we planned for, but the one we were happy with instead

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...&e=30&t=rrwrqe
    Why would you assume no handlebars would batphone? You guys being larger than no handlebars to begin with teamed up with cal mil and then also phoned for no handlebars? They pull like 30 guys with max numbers..

The only people no handlebars consistently worked with was gal mil anyways.
    Word on the street was that they would call in Shadow Cartel. Don't ask me why, that's just who we were told we were formed to fight.
    The funny thing is because they know they might get double teamed now they might actually phone the next time, especially since they probably will expect MC/TBC to show. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy ring of phones.
    I mean, batphoning is the new black in lowsec, I guess it's inevitable that they get more into it if they want to take fights.

Batphoning has been part of Eve since Eve was part of Eve.
    Hi

Sure, maybe I'm just imagining things, but seems to me like it's more common in lowsec now than it was say 2-3 years ago. v0v

Quote Originally Posted by Niden View Post
    Sure, maybe I'm just imagining things, but seems to me like it's more common in lowsec now than it was say 2-3 years ago. v0v
    It's almost like some lowsec groups got pretty big and had a lot of established people from other groups join them further exacerbating the numbers/sp gap, and thus can't be fought without help sometimes....

Edit: Nawww that can't be it. I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Have you?
    Last edited by Veratrix; July 19 2016 at 10:03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veratrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niden View Post
    It's almost like some lowsec groups got pretty big and had a lot of established people from other groups join them further exacerbating the numbers/sp gap, and thus can't be fought without help sometimes....

Edit: Nawww that can't be it. I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Have you?
    Well, that's fine. What I was originally pointing out was the attempt to absolutely deep dick a group that is already much smaller.

Yep and then one of those annoying big groups showed up on que, and fortunately the batphone was there to deal with them.

Edit: no one is batphoning to fight No Handlebars. they're batphoning to fight the other people in the area that typically show up. Solicited by No Handlebars. or not.
    Last edited by Veratrix; July 19 2016 at 11:03:46 PM.

Yep and then one of those annoying big groups showed up on que, and fortunately the batphone was there to deal with them.

Edit: no one is batphoning to fight No Handlebars. they're batphoning to fight the other people in the area that typically show up. Solicited by No Handlebars. or not.
    Cal mil asking gal mil to help against no handlebars is batphoning to fight no handlebars, the added batphone just in case they *might* batphone is what will ruin your future fights with them, or anyone else who is similar sized. It's the same retarded shit PMC does, where he phones for literally anything, and because he does that people show up with an even larger group of friends, only PMC is just fucked if he can't get a phone to help after that.

Wolfs bud. If cal mil didn't batphone they would have just got dunked by y'all. If calmil had only batphoned galmil they would have been dunked by y'all. Like it was objectively the right call. Instead they got a big fight and came out on top. Literally everyone has batphoned before and somehow everyone still manages to get fights. This one batphone is not suddenly gonna be the end of good fights for calmil/galmil whoever. They're not going the way of PMC and you know it.

Edit: Maybe. Just maybe. No one ever really had the intention of fighting only No Handlebars. Maybe the goal the whole time was drawing out one of the bigger fish and baiting them. In which case, like, op success?
    Last edited by Veratrix; July 20 2016 at 03:49:03 AM.

Wolfs bud. If cal mil didn't batphone they would have just got dunked by y'all. If calmil had only batphoned galmil they would have been dunked by y'all. Like it was objectively the right call. Instead they got a big fight and came out on top. Literally everyone has batphoned before and somehow everyone still manages to get fights. This one batphone is not suddenly gonna be the end of good fights for calmil/galmil whoever. They're not going the way of PMC and you know it.

Edit: Maybe. Just maybe. No one ever really had the intention of fighting only No Handlebars. Maybe the goal the whole time was drawing out one of the bigger fish and baiting them. In which case, like, op success?
    It worked out in this case, and it won't keep you from fighting larger groups, but you're shortsighted if you don't think that you're hurting your chances of gudfites against people more your size.

You don't seem to realize that MC/TBC might not be around next time, but Baltrom won't forget you blued with cal mil as well as having them on standby. Now when he phones people will be like "see we totally need a huge batphone ready"
    Last edited by Wolfsdragoon; July 20 2016 at 02:54:21 PM.

Since that fight galmil has fought templis and temped with no handlebars, and that's just what I got from casually skimming slack. I think you're using a tad too much hyperbole over the effect this fight will have on lowsec relations. The small fish will still play nice(read minimal batphones) for the most part. Cause that is how we prefer to operate. Hence staying small fish all these years.
    Last edited by Veratrix; July 20 2016 at 03:16:34 PM.

Since that fight galmil has fought templis and temped with no handlebars, and that's just what I got from casually skimming slack. I think you're using a tad too much hyperbole over the effect this fight will have on lowsec relations. The small fish will still play nice(read minimal batphones) for the most part. Cause that is how we prefer to operate. Hence staying small fish all these years.
    I didn't say you ruined relations or that baltrom was mad, I said he'll probably actually batphone next time. Nothing about that is hyperbole lol.

I read the broad scope of "hurt our chances agianst getting fights with people our size" and the "ruined our future fights with them or anyone else similar sized" or "same retarded shit PMC does" as a bit of hyperbole, if only from the scale it implies(and comparing galmil to PMC. Come on). It's whatever though. I literally do not play, just like to read kb's and wanted to jokingly give Niden shit for joining snuff. So if this leads to the downward spiral of gudfights for mid-tier lowsec alliances then I will be none the worse for it.
    Last edited by Veratrix; July 20 2016 at 04:18:15 PM.

I read the broad scope of "hurt our chances agianst getting fights with people our size" and the "ruined our future fights with them or anyone else similar sized" or "same retarded shit PMC does" as a bit of hyperbole, if only from the scale it implies(and comparing galmil to PMC. Come on). It's whatever though. I literally do not play, just like to read kb's and wanted to jokingly give Niden shit for joining snuff. So if this leads to the downward spiral of gudfights for mid-tier lowsec alliances then I will be none the worse for it.
    Temping with someone while being larger than the other group and having a huge just in case phone ready. That doesn't sound like PMC to you?

Ok, does extremely overcomping with phones help or hurt your chances of getting a fight with someone you outnumber? Also the "ruin future fights" is under the context of you overcomping with phones. Do you think overcomping with phones against someone you can easily handle on your own will have good overall consequences for future fights?
    Last edited by Wolfsdragoon; July 20 2016 at 04:38:01 PM.

i feel like i should start shit posting about my sides...

Wolf, don't try logic. I've tried for years.
    "Press your face up against the shields." Phant 2015

Ok.
    "Last night I saw upon the stair
    A little man who wasn’t there
    He wasn’t there again today
    Oh, how I wish he’d go away"

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Not the other 2 tho.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Well, that's fine. What I was originally pointing out was the attempt to absolutely deep dick a group that is already much smaller.
    Kinda painful watching them launch like that but it's not like it does her any harm for me to not go.

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...e=25&t=rieyquc

Galmil wrecked a Calmil fleet with Bastard Cartel as support, 15 bn ISK killed in total. We were hitting a Calmil citadel in a brawling BS fleet, got distracted momentarily while we beat up a small LowSechnaya Sholupen T1 cruiser gang, then resumed hitting the citadel when we learned that TBC was on the move down to us and squids formed up their usual kiting rattlesnake fleet.

Much to our surprised TBC just travelled gate-to-gate instead of jumping from their Eha Titan. Squids entered system to start the fight first with their kiting Rattlesnakes. Through some cunning highly OPSEC trickery we quickly scram webbed the FC and fleet anchor, then landed our fleet on top of him. Squids were lost, burning back to gate and not aggressing for a while as they hoped in vain for their FC to return to gate.

Bastard Cartel jumped in, we had a point blank battleship brawl with them, but we dropped triage and they didn't. Our Apostles were tanking their fleet. Squids rage-pinged for dreads and brought in a failfit Naglfar (which died) but killed 1 Apostle first. The remaining Apostle hero-tanked its way to victory.

My carrier was trying to knock out rattlesnake drones for a large part of the fight but there were just too damned many for one SSF carrier to make a difference. I did score 3 gecko kills but sadly no killlmails get made for those. In the end I just switched back to damage fighters and joined in the rape.

Exodus were on field whoring away happily and sniping at pods.

The funniest part? Bastard Cartel being salty about it later, because they were convinced that the whole thing was a cunning plot by Escalating Entropy to drop on them. EE was sitting on their Vey Titan at the time according to them, and TBC were sure that Galmil had EE on batphone. They therefore tried to stay cheap and avoided committing their own capitals, only to face 4 of ours.
    Last edited by Skypoint; July 25 2016 at 05:54:43 AM.

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...28333333333333

i've been playing around with feroxes as a throwaway roaming doctrine for a while, and had planned on jumping into hykanima during tbc's citadel vulnerability period and shooting it to pick a fight with them. they took forever to form up, and formed up machariels with erebus boosts which was not really fightable for us, so we took off for greener pastures

meanwhile, lord's servant is out trying to find a party out in black rise in a solo moa, and i asked him to let me know if he saw anything we could fight but he couldn't. he scouts chaos in a naug fleet, and galmil in a nega fleet. so i convo stormguard from exodus and ask him what's up, he confirms lords' scouting and says he thinks eldwinn is running the chaos fleet, so i convo eldwinn and ask if he wants to voltron the negas then thunderdome for the field, which he agrees.

so we hold in hikkoken for a little bit trying to get the galmil fleet's attention, they want us to jump into them, i don't want to with them having the comp advantage, then stormguard tells me they're lining up for a boosh on the nega fleet. we jump in, hold cloak, and... two negas get booshed.

whatever, fuck it, decloak, anchor up, let's pull range and try this out. we start shooting a couple galmil logi, but they're holding, and then tbc bridges in a mach fleet with a ninazu and moros and start shooting at galmil, who promptly fleet the field (and i don't blame them)

the ninazu is pretty on point so we're not breaking anything of tbc's, i pull quite a bit of range and try to shoot stragglers, and then exodus gets a prime boosh on a mach, which we frag. logi is telling me we're not holding, so i try to take us out, and then calmil jumps in with a rattlesnake fleet, so we ping off and back at 100

at this point neither chaos nor us are having any luck breaking anything, but apparently exodus' constant harassment is wearing on calmil/tbc so they extract. a few calmil logi stragglers are caught and tishu/chaos hold the field.

literally what tho
    Last edited by meowtiger; August 1 2016 at 05:35:55 AM.
    hi im requiescat and im pretty awful at eve