hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 51 of 724 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 14477

Thread: Lol Security Space

If we just wanted to fuck with your tech we'd reinforce it with bomber alts or cheapo t1 ships twice a week or something equally tedious.

We were simply hoping for the chance to test our mettle against the renowned FA war machine.

I would just like to document some epic lols from last night in lowsec.

Firstly, I was invited to this ISN Adventure fleet (ninja lowsec incursion Moms or get a fight while trying). I did warn Noble about Goinard/SC and their earlier bloodied nose, and don't rate his/Kody's PvP FCing after running links for them near Gonditsa where this happened as they tried to just run to highsec. Thus I helped some carebears find affordable fits for the evening's antics, and left them to it, and was not surprised by the outcome.

So, dodged an embarrassing bullet right? NOPE.
    What would you do if when you jump 3 vexors into 5+ BCs with heavy tackle and 3 guardians, only their criminal/suspect Ashimmu tackles you, no dps shoots and their logi warps off?

Try gank the ashimmu and have your reserves tackle him if/when he deaggros, right? Well it didnt end well, because repping someone in a limited engagement makes you suspect (in both high and lowsec, which is kinda dicks but off-topic for today), and that lets their non-aggrod dps pile in where we don't have links or all our RR potential. GG terrible pirates, you headfucked your way to killing some vexors. If we'd just tried out-lasting the ashimmu's dps without using RR he'd probably be dead, or just repped by suspect logi and their dps would be held off by Concord.

Naturally so fUCKInG MAD after this, we reship at the 100% markup of Stacmon and poke a different nearby bunch, and..:
    We dock & undock a couple of us into 2 myrms, a Sleip... and a domi, and Scorp... and some canes and a Nid.

TL;DR: We kill a carrier with 5 RR vexors. The tier3s turned up with it <20% armour and still being bumped off station. It is FRAPSed. We got the loot. Glorious
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; January 14 2013 at 10:42:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FA Zagdul View Post
    TL;DR don't fuck with my tech.

Challenge accepted.

@ RR Vexors

Most interesting, note taken.

@ISN Adventure.
    15 ish of us got out. Purpose of the fleet wasn't clear since the start and was never explained exactly. With all due respect to respective parties, FCs was either uncertain of what we were intending to do or couldn't tell it on comms due to :spies:
    Initially announced purpose was getting to area, grinding the bar quickly by dogipling 40 people into VGs, unlocking the mom and praying for whatever is sansha mom called bcp drop.

From all the comms I'd say later FCs and number of members got more interested into jumping SC in a site and trying to kill 1 or 2 shinnies before we welp. And so we wait. After more than a hour (we've seen sleip rapier hugging fleet undock before that) a go order is given to do whatever can be done. Enter lowsec. We land on a site, decision is called to warp everyone to a safe so they have it bookmarked for bugging out needs later, as our fleet is aligning into wing warp SC fleet lands on top of us, more than half the fleet warps off, safe is 9AU away. Warp there, warp back, someone starts calling primaries again, we are loosing too much shit already, bug out is called.

I think Sleips were locally tanked, and I wish to believe that if we didn't scatter we could have broken at least couple of them before we all welped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lock out View Post

Challenge accepted.
    What a silly thing to do.

It shows just how far behind the 0.0 chaps are. Making posts like this will just mean you're POSes get RF'd loads and your response fleets get blue balled... over and over. You guys will be doing a lot of POS repping and setting up mid points for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    I think Sleips were locally tanked, and I wish to believe that if we didn't scatter we could have broken at least couple of them before we all welped.
    Not to be a dick but three times the incoming dps wouldn't really have made a difference. But of course starting a fight split up is always very very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ry ry View Post
    Props for bringing the numbers, was shaping up to be a gf when it was the first 300, but when the rest came in the lag was crippling and in the end we were simply outgunned by guys who slog through that kind of fight on a regular basis.

Can't really complain, we got a fight out of it, and it was kinda flattering they needed to bring those sorts of numbers to secure the win against our meagre collection of lowsec pirates and privateers.

It was a shame our comms died like that at a crucial moment, I'm not sure it made much difference to the eventual outcome though.
    And once again ry ry makes way more sense then me,
    We kicked a bee-hive to pass the time, we got stung a bit for it as expected, thanks for showing up!

I'm actually pretty intrigued by the RR vexors.

saw the RR hacs previously but it felt like the extra resists weren't worth the cost for the amount of rep you'd be catching, but i like that comp. will have to give it a whirl

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinsrevenger View Post
    Props for bringing the numbers, was shaping up to be a gf when it was the first 300, but when the rest came in the lag was crippling and in the end we were simply outgunned by guys who slog through that kind of fight on a regular basis.

Can't really complain, we got a fight out of it, and it was kinda flattering they needed to bring those sorts of numbers to secure the win against our meagre collection of lowsec pirates and privateers.

It was a shame our comms died like that at a crucial moment, I'm not sure it made much difference to the eventual outcome though.
    And once again ry ry makes way more sense then me,
    We kicked a bee-hive to pass the time, we got stung a bit for it as expected, thanks for showing up!
    It was nice that they felt they needed so many chaps, though I suspect it was more a case of having large number online on a sunday afternoon. Rather than the draw of a fight with us lot.

What was less nice, is the fact they felt the need to smack so heavily, it did help me remember why I'm so glad to don't live in 0.0 anymore. Just for the record guys, bringing 5 times as many guys and having a less than 50/50 on the battle report does not make you uber... it just means you have more guys. On a side note. had you all fired at the primaries, you would have raped us... we had 3/4 guys all taking heavy dmg in that fight.

tut tut

I'm actually pretty intrigued by the RR vexors.

saw the RR hacs previously but it felt like the extra resists weren't worth the cost for the amount of rep you'd be catching, but i like that comp. will have to give it a whirl
    Oh the HACs are a big step up in tank & speed iirc. Especially with some decent resist & rep mods, and things like dual prop Ishtars to get into range quicker. TBH the Vexors were kitchen-sink fit (doubly-so after having to reshop in Stacmon), no great reasons as to the specific resists or mix of mids, though we usually send the tankiest+tackliest guy first and those with mwds next to get in rep range ASAP.
    That said, the Celestis is basically the same stats as an Arazu, simply no bonus-ranged tackle. And we shouldn't have had that Pilgrim with us, but just an Arbitrator instead. Though the HACs often have a neut legion which helps with logi/carriers.
    Flying RR cruisers has to be one of the most intense & fun things to do, extreme micromanaging of range & positioning while juggling locks as well as the usual dps, tackle, looking wtf the enemy's doing and what we need to do, who has what flags, etc.
    Logan's almost done with a vid including them, though there was this semi-private sneak preview before we got some better fights. You might have already seen it from The Arrival MOTD.

Edit: said full RR vid
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; January 15 2013 at 10:11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    @ISN Adventure.
    15 ish of us got out. Purpose of the fleet wasn't clear since the start and was never explained exactly. With all due respect to respective parties, FCs was either uncertain of what we were intending to do or couldn't tell it on comms due to :spies:
    Initially announced purpose was getting to area, grinding the bar quickly by dogipling 40 people into VGs, unlocking the mom and praying for whatever is sansha mom called bcp drop.

From all the comms I'd say later FCs and number of members got more interested into jumping SC in a site and trying to kill 1 or 2 shinnies before we welp. And so we wait. After more than a hour (we've seen sleip rapier hugging fleet undock before that) a go order is given to do whatever can be done. Enter lowsec. We land on a site, decision is called to warp everyone to a safe so they have it bookmarked for bugging out needs later, as our fleet is aligning into wing warp SC fleet lands on top of us, more than half the fleet warps off, safe is 9AU away. Warp there, warp back, someone starts calling primaries again, we are loosing too much shit already, bug out is called.

GF and yeah that fight cheered us up a little after earlier in the day!

We scouted you a few jumps out and while we considered letting you run a few sites to get the influence down a bit, we felt morally obligated to pew and so formed up repgu and went to a deep safe

When you came in we warped to the same incursion gate and caught a few on it while the rest warped off, -figured that would be it but we were fairly even in numbers so I guess that's why you warped back in to fight- was a gf but no we didn't have local tanked sleips

It's funny that we were both planning to try and catch each other in a plex and then both kind of collided randomly in system.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinsrevenger View Post
    The command deck on board the Damnation class command ship ‘Catharsis’ was surprisingly tranquil

Sitting in his wheel-chair, fleet commander Amantus regarded the intel presented on the holo-board in front of him with tired eyes, once again going through the reported numbers with an autistic mindless attention to detail
    Letting out a sigh and raising his head, he took in the sight of his command-crew working, exchanging quiet words or showing one another details on data-slates, processing the information before it arrived at his command station
    At the front of the compartment was a large view-port, its surface dented from the wear and tear of years of exposure to space, and beyond it the dark void of space
    Outside the view-port Amantus could just about make out the light-shifting flashes of ship after ship dropping out of warp and getting into position inside the staging-POS’es force field
    Letting out a sigh and stretching his front legs (back ones immobile as ever)
    This might just work out

--

So then, this Friday at relatively late we formed up to reinforce a POS with a group of people collectively known as the BBC Coalition
    The coalition is a very unholy alliance consisting of SnuffBox, Stealthwear, BALEX and Shadowcartel
    The reason for its brief exists was us realizing that it would be really funny to kick one of the major nullsec-blobs in the nuts by RF’ing an expensive moon, and then see if we could have a fight with whatever they formed up to save it with

All said and done, we managed to reinforce a Fatal Ascension moon-mining POS in Enaluri, and the exit-time for the reinforced ended up at around 15:00 on Sunday

The friendly fleet numbering at just above a hundred, things were beginning to look pretty promising
    At the time of departure, we had managed to gather together roughly 40 Machariels, 14 Guardians, 8 Lokis and a scattering of other support

We knew that the people we had annoyed had a decent chunk (at least one full fleet) of Mealstroms and a few carriers formed, but with our individual superiority and both range and speed advantage we should be able to take them

So we went for it

--

Amantus was still sitting in his chair the bridge of the Catharsis, looking out at the Machariels lined up around the Erebus class titan, like parasprites around a brood nest, as he heard the quiet whoosh of the compartments doors opening behind him, followed by the clatter of hooves against tiles
    Rather than using his front-legs to turn the chair, he simply waited for the new arrival to make his presence known to him, and kept starting out into the void
    “We are all gonna die mate” said a voice with a heavily posh accent a few moments later
    Ah.
    Phantomite then, there to wish him good luck
    “No we’re not, why are you always so negative mate” he responded, as Phantomite trotted up to stand beside him
    “Well, they got more than twice our number, and they are sniper-fitted, we can’t survive that”
    He turned to glare at Phantomite
    “Yes we will, I’ll make us survive that! I’ve done the math!”
    Phantomite paused for a few seconds, taking time to let out a sigh and shaking his head before responding
    “You know what happens if you’re wrong right? Your gonna be in real trouble if we die”
    Always so negative!
    “It will be fine mate, trust me!”
    He so totally didn’t, but still nodded and left again, heading towards the docking bays and his own ship to prepare for the upcoming battle

--

Both us and the hostile fleet bridge into Enaluri, and as we align from the station towards the reinforced moon local keeps climbing steadily until it reaches 383 pilots
    This meaning that we have roughly two hundred and fifty hostile ships divided between repping-carriers and a mixture of Abaddons, Rokhs and Malestroms fitted for sniping to deal with

We warp in at around a hundred from the hostile fleet and start aligning out while we score the engagements first few kills, while still being able to comfortably tank the incoming fire, spreading out in a nice long line
    Time dilation is at around 50%, but despite the lag the fight remains bearable for a few moments
    Then, things start going wrong

Local spikes again, growing up to 627, meaning that we are now outnumbered about 5:1, as Abbadons start pouring through the cyno, making the system break and sending large lag-spikes our way
    At about the same time our TeamSpeak crashes, cutting off communication at the exact wrong time
    The call to warp out is issued, and we retreat to station, with a large fleet of carriers and Abandons hot on our tail, killing off several friendly Machariels before aggression drops and we are able to dock up and sort a new voicecom server out

At this point, the hostile POS is being repped and the station undock is camped by fifty carriers and support, combined with the system itself being lagged to fuck by the sheer amount of pilots on a not quite well enough reinforced node

Realizing that we had no viable options of breaking out without insane risk, we stayed docked for a while and let the situation settle

As the POS was repped up to the point of being back online, some of the hostiles holding on the station started pulling back, eventually leaving is clear and giving us an opportunity to get out and move to a friendly staging POS in system in order to try to get back into the fight
    As we land, local starts dropping as one third of the hostiles in local bridge out

However, there is still a fleet of Mealstroms with support hanging around outside the friendly POS, so we start doing drive-by’s and manage to pop a few of them, as well as lose a friendly loki to a bad warp-in and have one of our machs make it out in structure after tanking the 150 Maelstroms and Rokh’s lighting him up for what he described as feeling like “A really long time”

Eventually, the remaining hostiles bridge out of system, and we make our way back home, a few of us in pods rather than ships they brought

--

The holding cell was surprisingly tranquil

Amantus had been blindfolded last time they left, but he could still smell the sharp scent of disinfectant in the air and feel the draft from the cool air being pumped into the room from its humming ventilators
    They had come for him just as he exited off the ship, four bucks clad in the gray composite armour of the Special Forces as well as a formally dress-clad officer who had put a bag over his head before the soldiers dragged him out of the wheelchair and towards the room he now inhabited
    There had been no point resisting, for he knew that this was going to be the price of failure

Once again, he heard the door slide open with a clang and hoofsteps from several ponies entering the room
    The blindfold removed, and he blinked a few times at the sigh before him
    There was four of them, the one behind him as well the two flanking the last clad in the same Special Forces armour that had retrieved him at the dock
    The last buck was wearing the black dress uniform of the BBCC Admiralty, and he was staring down at him with contempt clear in his eyes
    “Amantus, you have been apprehended for your failure in command of the Enaluri Task Force, are you ready to hear the verdict?”
    He simply nodded in reply
    “The tribunal have found that your inadequate ability to lead caused the destruction of the eight Machariels, four tech-three’s and multiple logistics and heavy assault ships under your command”
    Amantus remained motionless, and the admiral continued
    “For that, and for your collaboration with the Shadows of the Federation you have been found guilty of the crime of Being a Bad”
    “Hey wait a second, it was you who told me to work with Shadowfed!”
    “Don’t you dare getting us involved in your machinations! In any case, the punishment for Being a Bad is death, and the sentence will be carried out in roughly five minutes by firing squad! Take him away!”
    Despite wanting to shout at the unfairness of it all, Amantus remained silent as the two soldier bucks roughly grabbed him and dragged him out into the corridor that seemed to go on forever before arriving in a large room where a group of grim-looking and angry bucks were waiting, checking the plasma-rifles they had been issued for the assignment

At the far end of the room was a metal pole to witch he was strung upright with heavy chains
    As the soldiers lined up and did the final gun safety check, the Admiral made his way over and stood beside him, glaring at him with angry eyes
    “I was going to offer you a blindfold, but I honestly don’t think that scum like you deserve one…”
    “Fuck you” Amantus replied calmly as the Admiral made his way over to the waiting soldiers
    “Aim!”
    He saw them take aim, and took in their impassive faces
    “Set!”
    Their eyes were filled with contempt
    “Fire!”
    The world became in bright searing pain, and then the darkness claimed him

--

In short, we tried fucking with the nullsec’ers for shits and giggles, got a tiny bit more then what we asked for and had some technical difficulties, suffered some losses and proceeded to execute Amantus to make us feel better about it!

Eve-Kill post for the engagement:
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15891579

The field before the rest of the dudes showed up:
      Spoiler:

lol
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Valvetino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock out View Post

Challenge accepted.

It shows just how far behind the 0.0 chaps are. Making posts like this will just mean you're POSes get RF'd loads and your response fleets get blue balled... over and over. You guys will be doing a lot of POS repping and setting up mid points for the next few months.
    P much this. I imagine your towers are gonna get reinforced a lot and stupid solo rep carriers are gonna explode. Still looks like a decent fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    If you knew that they had a full fleet of maels, woudnt the obvious choice of ships be a 100mn/10mn tengu fleet? Or were you worried that without beeing able to alpha them you coudnt break reps?
    100MN Tengus have trouble putting out enough DPS to break reps and 10MN Tengus die to Alphalfeet pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by W0wbagger View Post
    tidi was bad but guns not cycling due to lag was our death really
    There's no lag in TiDi. I've fought countless fights using 1400mm Arty in heavy TiDi and while it takes several minutes to cycle guns this is actually perfectly normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Valvetino View Post

Yes because a bunch of lowsec scrubs are going to be so much more successful than groups like BL/NCdot in harassing CFC tech moons.
    Last edited by Lorren; January 14 2013 at 08:56:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorren View Post

Quote Originally Posted by W0wbagger View Post
    tidi was bad but guns not cycling due to lag was our death really
    There's no lag in TiDi. I've fought countless fights using 1400mm Arty in heavy TiDi and while it takes several minutes to cycle guns this is actually perfectly normal.
    Believe it or not we have fought in full tidi before... - this was the classic, modules cycle and then stop and just flash red for a couple of minutes - I was in a rapier running tps with a significantly higher cycle time than 1400mm and was unable to switch them to other targets. It would be nice if there was no lag in tidi and there certainly wasn't any after the server caught up, but when local spiked up to 660, stuff stopped working - presumably for both sides

If I had to hazard a guess, we forgot to ask CCP to harden the node.

Yes because a bunch of lowsec scrubs are going to be so much more successful than groups like BL/NCdot in harassing CFC tech moons.
    lol

just lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post
    lol

just lol
    RnK != random lowsec scrubs

Also, I'm not saying that CFC tech can't be harassed, but making posts about "... you're POSes [will] get RF'd loads and your response fleets get blue balled... over and over... a lot of POS repping and setting up mid points for the next few months" as if this is some sort of threat is sheer folly. It's really just another day in the CFC.
    Last edited by Lorren; January 15 2013 at 10:26:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post
    lol

just lol
    RnK != random lowsec scrubs

Also, I'm not saying that CFC tech can't be harassed, but making posts about "... you're POSes [will] get RF'd loads and your response fleets get blue balled... over and over... a lot of POS repping and setting up mid points for the next few months" as if this is some sort of threat is sheer folly. It's really just another day in the CFC.
    Yeah? Than good luck with many "just another days"

lets all pretend we are monkeys and throw poop at eachother.
    How did this thread all of a sudden get filled with badpoasts.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet