hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 502 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2402452492499500501502503504505512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 14336

Thread: Lol Security Space

Quote Originally Posted by Veratrix View Post

Snuff has been blue to OFF for years. However, for some reason people seem to think that they're some sort of Russian powerhouse in Snuff fleets when really the extent of their contribution in our fleets is occasionally bringing half a dozen supers. Their subcap presence in our fleets is practically zero - they might, for example, bring 2 subcaps (who don't speak English) to a 50 man fleet.
    I guess people are looking at Only For Fun's member count and going "lol wow they must bring a lot of guys to fleet", when in reality the vast majority of Only For Fun don't live in Tama and don't interact with Snuff in any way shape or form. We have regular dealings with exactly one OFF member - MHG.

We've never been blue to Suddenly Spaceships.

We have increased in numbers, but this is through internal expansion of the alliance.
    I don't remember seeing OFF frequently or much at all really in snuff fleets until the last 6-7 months or so, but that could just be because y'all didn't use supers as frequently until then(at least agianst fleets I was on), and as you said they generally only provide additional caps. I remember when suddenly lived in prism/okkoman there would almost always be a few of their pilots in your fleets. The corp may not have been blue, but they had a number of pilots who were or that you at least had friendly relationships with. From the outside it looked like blues.

Also gf today Balex. I don't know how we still underestimate your ability to tank.
    Snuff has NEVER been blue to suddenly. EVER. We actually think they are a bunch of shitters and have only ever been in the same fleet as them for voltron ops. Saying one or 2 would often be in our fleets is just utter bollocks.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

yeah i was kind of trying to be a bit diplomatic in my post re: suddenly, but we think they are giant bellends and suck at eve, and they probably think the same.
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by BOOLER View Post
    As someone who was there on the other side during those times...

Confirming tek and lock were good target callers, but not so good FC's. They had good moments, but any time we worked with SOTF and shit got heavy it was a lost obession person taking the reigns.

First General (the then leader of wolfsbrigade and lost obsession) was the one that would use the brain during fights. For all his faults, he really did try to emulate the LM FC experience.

And it wasnt really just dreads ahoy, LO and SOTF were Super hungry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tridgit View Post
    As someone who was there on the other side during those times...

Confirming tek and lock were good target callers, but not so good FC's. They had good moments, but any time we worked with SOTF and shit got heavy it was a lost obession person taking the reigns.

First General (the then leader of wolfsbrigade and lost obsession) was the one that would use the brain during fights. For all his faults, he really did try to emulate the LM FC experience.

And it wasnt really just dreads ahoy, LO and SOTF were Super hungry as well.
    Thank you, its nice to see someone from the 'other side' can see things objectively. A lot of isk and a ton of dreads doesnt make a good fc.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    yeah i was kind of trying to be a bit diplomatic in my post re: suddenly, but we think they are giant bellends and suck at eve, and they probably think the same.
    I wasnt being diplomatic?

Actually I think that guy might have been thinking of SWEAR and nik domars merry band. We absorbed some of their member-base after a reset. SWEAR were not really active apart from 4 or so guys who regularly flew with us.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

yes biotch hoe im well aware!
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    you'd think all these plex whoring nerds would be much better prepared to lose a dread than you make it sound
    There is no SRP in FW. Pilots pay their own way 100%. Most of the PVP pilots loath grinding isk via plexing and missions. They only do enough to keep them in combat ships. Most are not willing to risk a 2B+ isk ship for an FC they don't have total confidence in. Most do not use/lose those ships often enough to keep them insured. It's a catch-22. FCs don't have enough experience for pilots to risk their ships, pilots are not carefree enough to lose the initial ships to give the FCs the experience.

In FW, losing ships =more grinding isk so people try and keep their losses in the comfortable 500M-2B a month range as that is what you can make in FW plexing causally while you pvp. In FW, you don't have time to grind isk between fleets because you are fighting the opposing militia / FW sov war during that time instead.
    Last edited by Andre Vuaban; May 7 2015 at 01:23:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Vuaban View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vyshnegradsky View Post
    Back in the day when Drunk N disorderly and Lost Obsession were still around (2012?) I remember them dropping tons of caps and faction battleships. Even though FW isn't the same isk printer it was after inferno, can't you still make alot of easy money there? Enough to say, dread bomb 30 archons with 30-40 dreads?
    SOTF had the best FC Gal Mil has ever had and another 2 in the top 10 of all time in Gal Mil. The problem is the lack of collective experience at the larger scale. Gal Mil probably has the numbers to dread bomb 30 archons with 30-40 dreads, but those dreads would all die to the 20 Snuff supers on standby. Having those dreads on standby also means losing 30-40 BS from the subcap fleet. Most pilots cannot afford to lose 2B isk ships like candy, so they tend to be wary of risking them for unproven FCs at that level. There just isn't anybody with the experience in Gal to lead those kind of fleets nor the intelligence network to monitor known super pilots within range. It takes time to move up the food chain. Every time Gal Mil gets close, something happens that causes a lot of the 100M+ SP characters to leave militia for Shadow Cartel/Snuff/Null (SOTF implodes when Gallactica, Lock Out, and Tek quit Eve, Dark Rising goes back to null/Mitch takes an Eve break, QCATS implodes when chatgris quits Eve, Perunga defects to Snuff, etc).
    Those fc's from the golden age of gal fw fc's you pointed out there had literally zero imagination. Their answer to anything was drop dreads on it until its dead and then if anything else happened they started to panic. I remember watching a vid on youtube when we dropped on their gang and the fc (tek if i remember right/lockout was there) and the first thing the fc was something like 'uh its snuff uh, umm wer ded' then proceeded to call me primary in a guard for about 3 mins while his gang died.
    Also they are the reason why snuff has like 20+ supers, there was actually a bit of an argument about getting them to begin with but dreads ahoy meant we needed to.

Wolfs is a much better fc imo and he is able to actually make decisions in a fight instead of having a panic attack and going quiet.
    Nostalgia tends to cloud my memory. The point was that -FU- was the closet Gal Mil came to moving up the food chain until today where Bebop is on the verge.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoniaTavira View Post
    Hey back before that whole Seraph vs Grath thing ruined this thread, there was talk of some alliance called BADIT moving from Molden Heath to the Uemon pipe
    Whatever happened to them?
    Looks like they just camp the high-sec gate in Oijanen and roam to FW space in AFs.

We trolled them a bit, saying that if they couldn't take moons in MH, they'll never take them over there. They just laughed and said don't worry, we're blue to TRI.

A lot of reminiscing of the good old days of FW.

2010-2012 really were the golden years of FW imo, especially back when BC's were relevant and people used them in plexing fights without logi most of the time.

Braaaaaaaaaaaaawl baby!

In 2010 it was WAY more common to have T1 BS brawls as well. I think the game was healthier when BS were the mainstay "fleet" ships.

The arms race with capitals and supers has somewhat negated shit bigger than cruisers outside of strat ops.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    In 2010 it was WAY more common to have T1 BS brawls as well. I think the game was healthier when BS were the mainstay "fleet" ships.

The arms race with capitals and supers has somewhat negated shit bigger than cruisers outside of strat ops.
    And created an unwillingness to commit generally

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post

And created an unwillingness to commit generally
    No one has watchlists full of dread/carrier pilots. There's a reason for that.

Actually I think that guy might have been thinking of SWEAR and nik domars merry band. We absorbed some of their member-base after a reset. SWEAR were not really active apart from 4 or so guys who regularly flew with us.
    That is 100% who I was referring too. Always got them confused with suddenly, and in my defense this was my newbie days so pirate corps living in that area starting with 's' all sort of blended together.

Ok yeah fair do's. Like Bool said, we reset Swear a while ago (the same time we reset BALEX; o7 zloco). A few of their better members joined Snuff.
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post
    people I've heard referred to as top-level militia FC's are so shit they can't even hold a candle to the lower-level syndicate alliance fc's, who are very terrible
    It's been a while since I flew in QCATS, but afaik Crosi is still active, and maybe the JUSTK fcs as well. The issue you might have with them is that they aren't spectacular outside plex fighting, but that is the main thing they actually want to do, and are nothing short of brilliant in that niché. Guyinan did/does roams, and he's probably the most inspiring FC I've flown with. and tbh in the end I prefer flying in fleets that are enjoyable even if they weren't super elite headline making shit.

Wish I had time to log in, as TRI is full of fcs who are both fun and elite.

Some decent fun was had last night.

One of our alliance mate's towers has been hit the last few nights by relentless terrorism, who just moved into oulley. We've been successful in clearing off their fleets and they haven't offered much of a fight so far, but last night we were promised that they would be ready for us. We get intel that they have a roughly 25ish man mixed ishtar/vni fleet on the tower with 2 scimmys a scythe and a recon. We rage ping, but are only able to form like 5 zealots 5 guards and a handful of support ships with fleet topping out at around 20. We say fuck it, warp to the system's gate, and they warp off the tower the moment their scout sees us. We laugh, jump into system with them and warp to their out gate, landing at the same time. They jump through and warp off, but we are able to tackle a scythe and vni.

They burn back to oulley, and we sit a scout on their station, as we start repping the tower. After a bit they undock 5 guards and about 15-20 t3s, legions/prots/lokis. We burn back home to vlil and ping fleet again and end up with 5 guards, and 8ish bs, with a smattering of additional support. At this point they're on the tower hitting it again, so we repeat the process of undock warp to the ren gate and the moment they see us they bail off the tower, this time to station. We go sit on the tower agian, while they sit on station, assuming they are waiting to get caps ready or something. After about 15 minutes we get eyes on a mixed dt/sc fleet moving up towards us from Vey. They had another 10-12 guards and 25-30 mixed t3's.

We put out feelers for our own backup, but don't hear much in response and decide that we'll just dock it up for the night. Within minutes of fleet standing down, Pred pipes up he might be interested. We manage to keep a handful of guys from our fleet who are willing to stay on a bit longer, and burn to Enaluri and form BS with triage. A cyno is moved to the tower but relentess finish rfing it as we land on the titan and warp off to an outgate. Our cyno chases, but derps and didn't join fleet so they are off gate by the time the second cyno lights. we know dt/sc is still sitting two jumps away so we burn over and sit on the opposite side of the Frarie gate to see if they jump into us. Of course they don't, so we agian say fuck it and jump into them. We focus on their support first and are able to grab a guard and jamgu in quick succession, at which point dreads start to come in. We jump in a solitary hero moros and focus on killing their dreads before we lose our triage. We get two down and race to kill the second to last dread so our last surviving triage can hopefully stabilize reps, but sadly they die almost simultaneously. We didn't have another triage to bring in, so we are forced to disengage, losing our dread and a few bs in the process.

BR tool is a bit wrong, isk lost was closer then it appears.

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...44&t=qKbuq&r=1

Was a fun fight regardless.
    Last edited by Veratrix; May 8 2015 at 08:26:18 PM.

Was gonna fight OFF with our 11 naugs + 1 ashimmu + 3 guards even though they were in bhaal, geddons, tech 3s, triage. Then I learned that Nyxs can alpha guardians lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Veratrix View Post
    Some decent fun was had last night....
    Relentless terrorism call those reinforcements or just coincidence?

They didn't call them anything, but it's pretty apparent they aren't off the dt teat quite yet. Both fights we offered, prior to our fleets joining did he say jumps's, were pretty in their favor, but they wanted none of it until dt got there and even then they let dt/sc start the fight and then they came in.
    Last edited by Veratrix; May 8 2015 at 11:17:56 PM.