hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 717 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol Security Space

Re: Low Sec Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Durzel
    Impressive video.
    If anyone is interested in some unofficial RnK vids, I'd recommend checking out Portable Decoy's recent video:

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/deco ... fe-ep2.mp4

It's starts off with some roaming action and the second half includes a full fight, comms and all. In fact it's a video made by 'Disco' Decoy yet features Valdor in a smartbombing BS (clearing fighters and ceremonially executing a pod), which is as good a recommendation as I could give anything. Also watch out for Eldareth's unique cyno countdown.

Final Fantasy fans will also have much to enjoy.

I'll try get the hq version of his vid uploaded to youtube later, too.

Edit: there's a mirror here, too: http://files.rooksandkings.com/index.ph ... fe-ep2.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by weazy z
    Quote Originally Posted by alcibiades
    I caught a youtube video last week of you guys taking out the freighters. Cool fight.

Think it was this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwzE-V52 ... re=related

Either way, good video of you guys, great triage work as always.
    How was that a good video? They whelped two carriers to kill two freighters. I know the whole "fighting outnumbered" bullshit but theyre killing like drakes and canes with faction fit bs'es. Not to mention the bad target calling and lack of comm discipline...

I was more impressed by the 2 sc and 1 titan on the field, not to mention being outnumbered 2-1 and still managing to hold the field. Again, impressive if you ask me.

So Raiden and co killed 3 quam sc's last night. Anybody have a battlereport for it?

note* Quam were killed next door to where we live, wonder if the fishing hooks were hoping for a nibble from us?

note 2* We missed quam cynoing into their pos after killing a WIDOT carrier 2 nights ago by literally 2 minutes, we were sad pandas because they had a titan jump in too and we seemed to have spent the evening chasing our tails.

From what I've heard/saw, Session Changes had a pimped BS fleet with Guardian support bouncing around in low sec last night, with their SC's on standby. Gallente FW baited them with a triage carrier while Raiden. was on standby - Rape ensued.

Even though some of the fits indicate the intent of log off tactics, they apparently went down fighting.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheHenni
    some of the fits indicate the intent of log off tactics,

?

Quote Originally Posted by whispous
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHenni
    some of the fits indicate the intent of log off tactics,

?
    He's referring to the passive hards in low slots not realizing that its not intended for logging off tactics but for not being completely fucked when neuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen
    He's referring to the passive hards in low slots not realizing that its not intended for logging off tactics but for not being completely fucked when neuted.
    Confirming I know very little about supers. Thank you for clarifying Helen.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Was a short fun, unfair fight.
    They used remote ECM bursts but could not warp or jump.
    One "friendly" carrier was killed by mistake, but later it was reimbursted,
    We also looted the field, over 10 bil.
    But this was a fun story: http://raiden.killmail.org/?a=kill_d...kll_id=9669683.
    He was our latest, shortest lived pet ever. Balancing damage and reping power from so many SCs was hard.

Ok, long story long on the Quam supers.

As FW is literally dead cos we know eachothers tricks too well after 2 years, SOTF has started roaming nullsec with our esteemed opponents from caldari militia, Wolfsbrigade. As we were forming up for a shield roam in to Syndicate, we got intel on a Quam gang of faction BS with only a couple of guardians. The smal number of logistics made it plain obvious that they had a hotdrop prepared, so we figured if we can escalate, we would get them to drop some supers, especialy knowing that it doesn't take much encouragement for Quam to field some Nyxs

We reshipped in to BS with logi, I hopped in a triage archon well knowing that if things go according to plan it will be a sacrificial lamb, got some HICs for good measure and proceeded to batphone Raiden. who were out bashing a station. As moving the supers in to jump range of Black Rise/Essence/Placid was gonna take a while, our BS fleet had to dance with Quam for a while, staying close enough to keep them interested but far enough so they are not forced in to a fight when we didn't have the backup in place yet.

As they were getting bored and heading towards Heyd , we got word that backup is in place, so we proceeded chasing. With them making best speed to Indregulle it was looking like they either figured that we took too long and we had a tarp or they just got bored and were heading home. Our scout was instructed to let them know in local that we will fight, and to our delight we instantly got reports of them holding on murethand gate in indregulle.

We primaried a Vindicator and lit the cyno, I jumped my archon in and triaged. Within the next 10 seconds they replied with a cyno of their own, but much to our dissapointment, all that came in were 2 archons. Even bigger of a surprise (and bit of a mistake if I may say) was that both their archons triaged simultaneously. At this point in the fight we had the upper hand due to our superior numbers, the fact that we had 7-8 guardians in addition to the triage archon and not least the great work of our falcon pilot who kept the Bhaalgorn jammed, ensuring I stay cap happy. The only issue we had was that we could not break their reps either, the Vindi and the Navy Geddon we switched to at some point beeing repped up in no time. But that was all about to change within the next minute.

Reports came on comms that we managed to neut dry one of the 2 archons, so taking advantage of the fact that triage did not allow him to be remote repped and lack of cap prevented him from self repping, we proceeded to primary him. As he was entering structure, they decided that they should do the same to us, so they started shooting my archon. Fortunately, with a fat capacitor, I was able to rep till the end of the triage cycle, exiting triage afterwards and getting reps from our logis. Their archon exploded , probably seconds before finishing his triage cycle, and by now it was clear that they either escalate further or lose at least a second carrier if not some faction BS too. Our HIC pilots who waited a jump out are getting impacient due to missing carrier kills and are asking if they should come in, they are beeing told yes, then 2 seconds later are beeign told to hold, Raiden. are also getting impacient and would like to come in to at least get some kills, but are persuaded to wait some more, and indeed half a minute later everyone's pacience pays off when 3 Nyxs pop up on our overviews. We light a new cyno, the Raiden. supers come in, my Archon has furfilled it's purpouse so it's now exploding to the Quam nyxs, those nyxs explode to Raiden nyxs and everyone except for Quam has a happy friday night.

Mad props to Raiden. for forming up and moving so quickly and also for reimbursing the carrier loss, to SOTF and W-BR for making things go exactly as planned in the beginning and to Quam for going down fighting.

Donor

Nice battlereport, very well written.

The vid covers it pretty well too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh9NW-9Fa_o&hd=1
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize
    The vid covers it pretty well too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh9NW-9Fa_o&hd=1

Fuck, that was for internal use Please tell me you didn't also get your hands on the vent recording with us singing Queen, think that's also on youtube

Just read it from eve-o forums http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as ... 5&page=1#6

Falcon pilot needs to learn what triage means... :P

Falcon pilot is checking to make sure carriers stay in triage.

Hello. Why would you do it, as you lack a point to then do anything and others are heard to be checking and FC asks them to spam points? And why not permajam the Bhaal/use the amarr jammer on a guardian? And arg turn on the DC2 :P

NC decided it's time to recapture some tech moons in low sec.
    It did not end well http://raiden.killmail.org/?a=kill_r...kll_id=9688495.

I'm not checking for triage because I want to point them.....

If you don't already understand what I'm trying to do, then it's not worth explaining.

And I do jam the bhal about 10 seconds after checking the carriers.....

No, please educate me. You're checking that they are in triage, not to make sure they do stay in it, because nothing you specifically are likely to do to them is going to change their mind about coming out or going in, afaik. Unless it's an aggression thing or some jamming quirk I don't know about. To me it looks like a waste of jamming time, others are spamming points to check and actually react if they do come out.

Yes, then you leave that jammer off and idle for a while.

We do instruct our ECM pilots to keep checking for triage,and while it might be a waste of jamming time, more than once it happened that the ecm pilot called the end of the triage cycle before anyone else, as dps pilots are busy looking for the new secondary, broadcastig for reps/cap, keeping other support pointed, etc.

Ofc you are entitled to a different approach and feel free to instruct the pilots in the gangs you FC to do however you see fit. However, that beeing said I see no point having the debate about usefulness of ECM boats checking triage in this section of the forum.

WI wyvern self destructed on us in murethand. I wasn't online but he jumped into our POS apparently.

Mummbi: 19:16:13 Combat Your group of 6x2500mm Repeating Artillery I is well aimed at Marenish <WI.>(Wyvern), inflicting 13603.2 damage.
    Mummbi: 19:14:14 Notify Marenish has initiated self-destruct of their Wyvern, it will explode in 120 seconds.
    Mummbi: 19:16:14 Notify Wyvern belonging to Marenish self-destructs.

Haha, just found out he wanted a midpoint cyno so we obliged