hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 724 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol Security Space

I learn something new about eve everyday

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    A Snuff Box corp mail went out in the middle of the week asking for full Machariel attendance on Sunday night - op was to start AT 18:30 EVET.

So, a fair number of us (~25) got into fleet at the allotted time. we sent out half the fleet in a bait T3 fleet with two guardians. A further three guardians and the Mach squad got onto the titan, and pretty soon we found ourselves a brawl between gallente and caldari militia. Unfortunately it looked like both sides were paper thin, and they started to pop left right and centre - so we rushed the bait fleet into just tackle what they could and immediately bridged the rest in. Three or four kills later we glumly aligned out, and waited for the cyno to go down, while watching wide eyed as the remaining caldari accused us of being batphoned pets of the gallente. Ho hum. Morons gonna moron.

We flew home, and sent out scouts in a desperate attempt to find ourselves anything else to alpha, and pretty soon it became obvious the two militias were setting up a clever trick they've employed before - joining forces to combat the ebil piwats! We excitedly hurried home and switched into standard battleships when we saw their numbers bolstered beyond 100 by the Amarr militia also throwing their ships into the fluffly fleet of enemies uniting to combat the darkness that is Snuff Box.

We readied three guardians, and a triage archon.

Our ships other than those logis and the triage comprised of 15 battleships and a trio of lokis. (A couple of people who died during the big scrap came back valiantly in replacement support ships)

Our triage aligned. The battleships warped to the gate at 0. The comparatively vast enemy hesitated for a moment two jumps away from us, then decided that five times our numbers was probably going to be ok and jumped, warped and jumped again into us.

Unlucky first decloak Gunny!

pew pew bitches

The Snuff Box fleet followed primaries like good boys, and we very quickly lost two of our three guardians despite getting our triage to land next to us as the enemies decloaked.

The enemy's logistics fleet of at least 6 guardians, 1 oneiros and 3 scimitars couldn't switch or rep fast enough as we tore through the damage dealers, and their legions of ECM drones failed to stop us carving a broad path through them. A couple of our battleships died from client freeze (similar to brain freeze but without the tastiness of eating ice-cream)

After quarter of an hour of solid fighting, the remnants of a once large multi-militia fleet scattered, leaving a few logistics on the gate to die. (I guess they aggressed with them)

We celebrated by slapping each other on our virtual backs, without watching local spike.

SUDDENLY, SHADOW CARTEL FLEET WITH 30 (some pirate faction) BATTLESHIPS, 4 GUARDIANS, AN INSTANT CYNO AND TRIAGE ARCHON AND A BHAALGORN OUT OF NOWHERE (out of Nagamanen system)

Shadow Cartel primaried my Navy Geddon, and I jumped in half armor. A couple of brave spaceship heroes died in Sujarento to the tooled up Shadow Cartel fleet. The rest followed on our FC's orders, and we aligned to the Tama station and warped - only for a couple more to get pointed by some stragglers of the militia Dramiel wing. Appalled upon finding out that the Gallente militia had called the extra force in (because over 100 isn't enough to fight 22 Snuff Boxers), we succeeded in self destructing the capped-out triage carrier that had served us so well.

Note: The shadow Cartel members were not told by their leader that they were now in the employ of the militia. Turns out we got lucky - The Cartel were supposed to arrive during the fight, but were somehow massively late.

Before one of you might say otherwise about the cartel's affiliations - who goes out for a roam in that type of fleet with no specific target?

Good fight to all involved, thanks for bringing it

Killboard Link

http://snuffboxcorp.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=18335
    Last edited by whispous; October 2 2011 at 10:32:20 PM.

Er, I was part of the Shadow fleet and the one that actually got intel on the fight (ask Jalif). We were already going on a roam though. Reason for lateness - late formup as always.

Gallente unfortunately did not pay The Tuskers or Shadow Cartel to join in on the fun as can be seen here.

Vim however claims he sent us 100M, I wish he did - I am very space poor

Oh yeah and we had two Bhaalgorns.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Before one of you might say otherwise about the cartel's affiliations - who goes out for a roam in that type of fleet with no specific target?

I expect you're trolling but....well.... we do

We were hoping for the 3 way (kind of 5 given how the militia teamed up) but some stragglers made us late for the party. Kind of thought you guys would stick around considering you'd just killed a much bigger fleet than ours was (militia had long gone - was just Snuff waiting for their carrier to come out of triage on the gate) but i understand being down to 1 guard plus out of cap boosters etc I can see why you left. Anyway on the way home gal tried to kill us (given we totally teamed up with them i guess that's pretty harsh) so we shot them a bit too.

No losses but they had i guess 10 more bs plus about 5 guards and 3 oneiros and a load of bcs.

http://www.shadowcartel.com/kb/?a=ki...t&kll_id=21430

Anyway an eventful night in lowsec - glad its finally autumn

Fuck you for having fun when i was not

Was very awesome fight and delivered some really nice fraps. GF against Gallente, Caldari & Amarr

Tuskers + Shadow Cartel aren't even blue to eachother but:
    - Managed to Teamup Togheter
    - Managed to have a dedicated fleet which was perfect to eliminate the Snuff Box Gang
    - Managed to get a gang which was larger then the Snuff Box Gang
    (Saying that our gang was larger then yours wowbagger is incorrect 25 max at our side, 37 at your side (http://www.shadowcartel.com/kb/?a=ki...t&kll_id=21430)).
    - Managed to get within Goinard to Suj
    And that all within 10/15min.

Don't get me wrong, I would do the same against you guys and it was a good catch on your side, but atleast be honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalif View Post
    but atleast be honest about it.
    Well, some of the Tuskers leadership are truly honest and respectable guys, you can be sure about it.

As sure as Suleiman Shouaa is completely the contrary. Even his corpmates don't know how far they have been abused by this guy, and probably still are. And a very few people in Eve knows who is the real Suleiman Shouaa, and what is his real mindset, far away from the tuskers way of thinking and policy. There is no smoke without any fire somewhere, and one day he will make a mistake that will cost him a ban from his beloved corp, and said-friends.

- Managed to get within Goinard to Suj
    You know they have a titan right? That's one hell of a shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by phlys View Post
    Well, some of the Tuskers leadership are truly honest and respectable guys, you can be sure about it.

As sure as Suleiman Shouaa is completely the contrary. Even his corpmates don't know how far they have been abused by this guy, and probably still are. And a very few people in Eve knows who is the real Suleiman Shouaa, and what is his real mindset, far away from the tuskers way of thinking and policy. There is no smoke without any fire somewhere, and one day he will make a mistake that will cost him a ban from his beloved corp, and said-friends.
    Nice fourth post, show me on the doll where the bad Suleiman touched you. I have no love lost for Shadow Cartel and Tuskers (my poor niddy ;-() but frankly, they're straight as it gets in this game.

Yes Shadow Cartel and Tuskers fleet often, especially went targets are big enough to warrant it. That's just the smart thing to do. Even us, with them -10, invited them once to deal with a pesky carrier problem.
    Last edited by Caius Sivaris; October 4 2011 at 08:00:44 PM. Reason: more facts

Saying that our gang was larger then yours wowbagger is incorrect 25 max at our side, 37 at your side
    I said that you'd just fought a much larger fleet than ours was - yeah we were a bit bigger than yours for sure but what I meant was we were hardly a blob compared to the one you'd just fought 5 mins before. We brought in triage etc straight off as frankly we know you're decent and assumed you'd be lighting us up straight away -However as I said i figure with heat damage, no cap boosters etc I can't blame you for warping off and with your carrier self destructing I guess that heralded the end of it, we just need to learn to forum up quicker but yes hard as it may be to believe - we genuinely do go roaming in bs (we knew it was very active and no one comes to us!) and that was hardly a dedicated fleet.
    Also we heard about the buildup more like 45 mins before, almost enough time even for us.

I'm sure we'll both get another chance anyway - came to see you today but you go to bed too early

PS no disrespect to tuskers but 2 out of 37 is not us teaming up with them, its sully and nalan coming for a roam. These days we fight (and lose) more often than we team up :P

We had a fleet pass through Essence lowsec last night. We stumbled upon a blinky Niddy on station in Ladister. We were tempted to try and bait him into aggressing, but our fleet was a little light on DPS to drop him before he docked again so decided to move on. Looks like he died an hour or so later - http://shadowcartel.com/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21557. Anymore info on what happened?

yeah we saw him on the way out on our roam and came to the same conclusion as you guys. he was still there on the way back though so warped fleet to him and had no one agress or lock him and we spent a couple mins bumping him off before killing him. pod stayed there so looks like the structure alarm didn't even wake him up. nice end to the roam!

Hi W0wbagger...damn your webby neuty goodness last night
    Now I have a T2 gun. Ho, ho, ho.

SHC '10 and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by W0wbagger View Post
    yeah we saw him on the way out on our roam and came to the same conclusion as you guys. he was still there on the way back though so warped fleet to him and had no one agress or lock him and we spent a couple mins bumping him off before killing him. pod stayed there so looks like the structure alarm didn't even wake him up. nice end to the roam!
    God dam it . We shot at him for a minute or two just to distract him as we got out bait off station. He didn't lock, aggress or move on station - but we were so sure he was just choosing to ignore us that we didnt bother tank testing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkus Volundar View Post
    Hi W0wbagger...damn your webby neuty goodness last night
    Also, this. It's a shame our fleet wasn't quite as blobby as usual, we might have given you a better fight in Goinard last night.

Confirming that Tuskers and Shadow Cartel spend more time killing eachother than we do in fleet together.

PL is now in Tama these days. Not sure if they are moving out of Amamake too.

I've made another video BR, this time of a fight in low sec months ago which I never got around to making into any sort of battle report. I plan to make these a regular feature alongside the conventional written reports. The video is available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld-zq0i6HKw&hd=1 (1080p stream available)

If you want an MKV of it (I won't always make them for VideoBRs but this fight was aesthetically pleasing while being primed) there is one here: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/morium/rnkvidbr2.mkv (700mb). I've recently noticed a considerable problem for the playback of all Eve MKVs when using the combination of VLC Player and nVidia cards, resulting in much poorer playback than youtube unless people select 'full dynamic range' in the nVidia driver, like so: http://files.rooksandkings.com/index...namicrange.jpg

It's easy to set and unless you do, you will never really be seeing the blacks of space since you're missing the colours 0-16 and 235-255 completely. Generally the best/simplest way is to use Media Player Classic and the Combined Community Codec Pack.

Still nice fights goin on here... http://www.minmatar-militia.org/kb/?...&kll_id=219777 just gotta find em... been loosing a fair bit latly but GF's to be had and fair numbers on gangs (ofc ur gonna get blobbed just like anywhere else) http://www.minmatar-militia.org/kb/?...&kll_id=219416... ill be around for a while now looking for small gang/solo fights.. hope to see alot of activity

You might want someone to remove this faggotry from that KB.

We had a fun fight with Dek Coalition this lunchtime (mixed gang, probably in order of numbers: FA, Goons, FCON, Black-mark, Razor). They'd previously attacked a tower of ours in Agoze on the Sunday. At the time, we dropped on their max alpha fleet with a faction battleship gang and won that round. But they returned later at night and reinforced the tower. The timer turned out to be downtime today, which is a difficult time on a weekday.

We expected it to be a tricky hour for them too - however, they turned up with what was eventually 140ish guys (an excellent showing for the timeframe). We only managed to field about 18 guys (which included some dualboxing) and pos gunners, so the issue was how best to tackle the situation. In the end, we dropped carriers, and a strange stalemate ensued, with us spider tanking with a dozen carriers, and the hostiles shooting first us and then the POS. We had forseen this and so had some shield rep to help the POS, which hovered precariously between shield and armour.

At that point, NCdot appeared with an Abaddon/Guardian fleet as a third party. Dek warped off, and NC. followed them. I believe they had a fight at a nearby planet. Dek Coalition came out on top, and returned to attack the tower.

There followed a long stalemate (2 hours?) of us repping guns/tower/each other and the hostiles shooting the POS/guns/us. We were able to gradually kill ships with POS guns but their scimitars repped well and good target switching took down our heavy tacklers (a couple t3 and a Vindi).

During this period they spent a lot of time bumping carriers. The ranges were going fairly well for us (although a close shave for Ganryder at one point) until finally we desync'd heavily - we showed in range even for those re-logging multiple times, yet our mods gave out-of-range messages, etc. At that point we had no choice but to return to the shield (with often the same carrier showing 20km inside and 20km outside the shield) for the loss of four who were too desync'd to get proper rep. We left the field and tower at that point. It had been a close run thing: at one point the tower had been back at 45% shield.

Overall, it was good fun and although local didn't pass 300, looking back at it now, we should have rf'd the node. On the other hand, it did last for a long time before the issues, so in many ways the fault is largely ours for having failed to cut through enough of them in the time available. And the credit for that should go to the hostile logistics, who were on the ball and caught many a ship in structure. Maels and Scorps were dying but not fast enough (and eager pilots were returning to the fray quickly in new ships) and their entire fleet did a fine job. I think I've written more BRs about fights with Dek Coalition this year than with any other entity, so again we must thank them for bringing the fight, as usual.

The battle summary will be confusing from the 3rd parties involved but when classified timer is up it should be reachable from this link: http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboa...l&kll_id=32490

I find the accusations levelled at the shadow cartel quite funny, we don't generally put much thought into a target, and we just take whatever fleet format bagger wants to use at the time really.

I know this because I tend to spend 1-2 hours whining on roam nights about "when is bagger getting here", and then I get told to fly shitty navy scorpions instead of my curse.

The next step is we spend 3 hours forming up, because shadow cartel is even more punctual than python was, and we head out. Ahead of us we have feelers in the form of scouts (a novel concept, I know) looking for blobs to jump on.

And then we do.

That's pretty much it. As much as I love convoluted schemes and terrifying political intrigue, we really just enjoy making pew pew noises on mumble and watching asplosions.

Militia pretty much hate and fear us because we ruin their days rather often, we have no preference about which either as the killboard will testify to.

(that's actually a lie, I personally REALLY want to kill the amarr some more because they are just so terrible and I'm a risk averse scumbag)

As a treat, here is a BR of the last scrap we had with them, according to comments on their own killboard their total fleet size was about 45-50, with 7 guardians, not pictured on the BR either are our carriers.

http://shadowcartel.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=23127

good times yo (and I didn't have to fly that fucking navy scorp!)