hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 724 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol Security Space

Nice batrep
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Great BR as usual. I am however a bit surprised that you went with a 3rd carrier, it sounds like it would have been a more interesting fight with the org. two fielded?

I was part of the Shadow Cartel fleet and would just like to make a few, minor corrections:

Originally it was an Amarr/Caldari Militia (in a mostly Shield BC fleet - Drakes & Hurricanes) vs a neutral Battleship gang (mixture of Merciless and some randoms like a Rote Kapelle Geddon) on the Abune gate. The Battleship gang lit a Cyno and brought through a single Triage Archon and that's when we jumped in, making it a three way. Gallente pulled range so it was practically us vs the Battleship gang.

Getting a decent killboard link for this fight was impossible since Militia were effectively helping us by shooting the Archon as well as us, but they lacked the DPS to kill us when we brought in our own Triage Archon. Still, the link is here for those interested. Out of interest, was it your Cyno Anathema we killed at the end of that fight Lord?

As always, excellent tactics used by Rooks & Kings by bringing your Archons out of neut range (although even further than you expected by them warping to the undock to try and gank us after we downed one of their Guardians!) - didn't expect you to be able to pull that one off to be honest! Did you plan the same thing when they jumped into Heydieles? I saw two cynos up with my alt - presumably one for the Battleships and one for the Carriers?

Also, here's a screenshot I took with my alt when they were chilling on the Abune gate in Pyne, two jumps out from Heydieles. On top of this they had other random ships such as Dramiels, Logistics etc which I removed from my overview. They also had ~13 people baiting in Heydieles. The thing that surprised me though was their lack of Triage - we figured with about 40 Faction BS they must have had 2-3 Triage on standby.

Last edited by Suleiman Shouaa; September 26 2011 at 10:42:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    Also, here's a screenshot I took with my alt when they were chilling on the Abune gate in Pyne, two jumps out from Heydieles.
    Screenshot is from Oinasiken, not Pynekastoh.
    Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Great BR as usual. I am however a bit surprised that you went with a 3rd carrier, it sounds like it would have been a more interesting fight with the org. two fielded?
    Thanks.

As for triage, Agent and Davinci were indeed handling it but the stagger-cycle-refit stuff is optimal with three. From a personal point of view, it's also one of the first times Yeo would get to use his carrier in a bigger fight, so I wanted to bring him in later on for that reason, too (and he did well).

At the time I did a mental count of at least 50,000dps in perfect optimal of our carriers (1100 per faction bs, although lost drones probably reduced that), and two Bhaalgorns in neut range, so I went with the trio. Even so, a few of the onlookers thought we might get ganked (lack of faith disturbing; windpipe narrowing, etc.)

Doubtless we had a lot of rep, although given they had at least 10 Guardians (at combat range) for our 25 dps Battleships, in a sense so did they.

As said in the lineup, it was certainly an interesting match up, and rewarding their huge faction bs roam with a faction bs gang to fight, certainly made for an unusual looking grid to the locals

Also, here's a screenshot I took with my alt when they were chilling on the Abune gate in Pyne, two jumps out from Heydieles. On top of this they had other random ships such as Dramiels, Logistics etc which I removed from my overview. They also had ~13 people baiting in Heydieles. The thing that surprised me though was their lack of Triage - we figured with about 40 Faction BS they must have had 2-3 Triage on standby.
    To be fair, having 10+ guardians is a more than sufficient cover for such a fleet in most situations and gives you the option to leave the field once you get blobbed. Also given the route that gang took maintaining carrier coverage for that would've been probably a pain. Regarding that covert, no, thats not lord's covert

Would've been interesting to see how things turned out if the fight had happened at shorter range, giving both sides the chance to swap to short range ammo. Firepower on both sides was pretty hefty even at 35k combat ranges.

As always, excellent tactics used by Rooks & Kings by bringing your Archons out of neut range (although even further than you expected by them warping to the undock to try and gank us after we downed one of their Guardians!) - didn't expect you to be able to pull that one off to be honest! Did you plan the same thing when they jumped into Heydieles? I saw two cynos up with my alt - presumably one for the Battleships and one for the Carriers?
    Yes, we dropped two cynos on the gate, and repeated those ranges when we warped in on them. However, I knew for 'Round 2' that they would warp in on our carriers at optimal for maximum damage (conflag, etc.) and neuting, which is indeed what they did. There's an element of brinkmanship there of course, since for the reasons explained in the report, we wanted them to

Good fun all round.

Thanks for the added info, just curious. And when you put it like that, possibly 50k dps, an extra carrier seems like a good idea. A truly epic fielding of faction from both sides. o7

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    Although we eventually sunk their faction behemoth I must give them credit: an awesome way to send off their corp-mate and FC. I'm glad we could help them finally find a fight after their massive tour and, when the day comes, if my exit is even half as stylish*, I'll be podded a happy man.
    [/i]
    Very nice BR as usual

Here is the 404 PoV (from the french EvE community forum): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bTzdrUgkik

Oral comments at the end sound like "despite our number, we couldn't kill anything. Awesome work from their triage carriers !"
    Last edited by Ayato kun; September 29 2011 at 07:30:27 AM.

excellent fight and excellent video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHwGiAz_jvo&hd=1

Video BR from our side (1080p option available), on Link's Youtube page. Fraps is from Agent & myself, along with a little informal commentary, comms from the fight, etc.

Came expecting epic video and all I got was a message that Youtube has been taken over by monkies and that they are working on the situation. Or some such. Stupid youtube. :P

e: After some back-way searching i got it to work; very nice and a good recap of how it went down. EVE needs more "short story" movies.
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; September 29 2011 at 08:48:56 PM. Reason: I out wrestled the monkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHwGiAz_jvo&hd=1

Video BR from our side (1080p option available), on Link's Youtube page. Fraps is from Agent & myself, along with a little informal commentary, comms from the fight, etc.
    Nice video, although slight correction - I'm not a member of Shadow Cartel (instead a member of The Tuskers), but I was in their fleet.

Also, we popped one of their Guardians when they were baiting us.

Nice video, although slight correction - I'm not a member of Shadow Cartel (instead a member of The Tuskers), but I was in their fleet.

Also, we popped one of their Guardians when they were baiting us.

The Guardian of Krakshar, yep. But the 10 Guardians listed do not include Krakshar, he was an 11th (there may have been more, too). The 10 during our engagement with them were linked in the original report: http://files.rooksandkings.com/index...ndguardian.jpg (from the fraps, early on in the fight).

Sorry about referring to you as Shadow when you are indeed of course a Tusker, I should probably have said "a member of their fleet posted a screenshot..." Still, Shadow C are good folk so it's not a bad thing to say, I guess

Nice BR as always Lord Maldoror.

Generally how do you calculate an enemy total dps count on the fly? Is it something more gained with experinence by leading fleets over time or knowing how much damage a certain fit will put out with an average pilots skills?

With Faction vs Faction BS fights not often occuring like this in low-sec or typically anywhere in eve ie 70 Faction BS, 8 T3's, capitals on field(nearly the cost of a titan) how often do you generally take into consideration the chance of getting hawt dropped by a mass amount of supers(IE the fight Carrier vs. SuperCarrier fight when Morsus Mihi brought they brought 4 supers)? If so, do you usually prepare a "back-up plan" or a deterrent if it could likely occur?

Thanks

Silva

Generally how do you calculate an enemy total dps count on the fly? Is it something more gained with experinence by leading fleets over time or knowing how much damage a certain fit will put out with an average pilots skills?
    i smell pure NERD

hue hue

i bet lord M will confirm this

When you've been doing this sort of thing for years you get a rough idea of the estimated maximum damage each of those ships will be able to spit out, and you would calculate off of pure maximum and no less.

Simple way of doing the "can we tank it?" math is:
    1 Ask some guy you think might be fat how much DPS things do, wait for them to do head-numbers
    2 No mater how big the number is, yell "WE CAN TAKE THAT" in order to avoid going all those jumps home without getting your space-dick lubricated
    3 Just fukken go for it and hope you guessed right
    Works errytime~

For rough ballpark figures, and assuming close-range weapons (i.e. blasters, ACs, pulses), respectably ganky fits, and proper skills:

frig: 100-200 dps
    T1 cruiser: 300-400 DPS
    Shield/kitey BC/HAC: 400-500 DPS
    Brawling BC/HAC, T3: 600-700 DPS
    Command ship: 700-800 DPS
    T1 battleship: 900-1000 DPS
    faction/pirate BS: 1100-1200 DPS

but tbh, muffins' answer is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Silva View Post

With Faction vs Faction BS fights not often occuring like this in low-sec or typically anywhere in eve ie 70 Faction BS, 8 T3's, capitals on field(nearly the cost of a titan) how often do you generally take into consideration the chance of getting hawt dropped by a mass amount of supers(IE the fight Carrier vs. SuperCarrier fight when Morsus Mihi brought they brought 4 supers)? If so, do you usually prepare a "back-up plan" or a deterrent if it could likely occur?

Thanks

Silva

If someone drops lots of supers in, you have to accept that. The phrase may be 'expect the unexpected' but if you do the former it can't be the latter.

Some of our best battles in recent months have come from unexpected events, e.g. the four Supercarriers you refer to, suddenly joining the force that was attacking our two archons.

Sometimes an unexpected event can mean you die in a fire. On other occasions, like that one, you manage to use the tools on field to engineer a victory, whether through improvisation or some obscure contingency plan dreamt up on a rainy day.

That's a common theme in movies and literature, after all. An example might be the Panserbjørne in Pullman's His Dark Materials. IIRC, outnumbered and unexpectedly under surprise attack from the air, Iorek barks obscure orders and the armoured bears adopt a defensive posture and start assembling a hitherto unseen 'fire thrower' catapult to return fire, as the arrows rain down.

On the right day, Eve plays out like good fiction. On another day, of course, you might just die (hard for witches to uber-drop bears if the author is in charge, after all). But that's what new ships are for.

As for DPS of a fleet, the people on this thread sound very organised. Our old tried and trusted method is for Shani to write down numbers on tickers of paper. These we put into Goldsnake's upturned top hat, which Jozzie then places onto a pedestal. Rham rides into the pedestal on a motorized tricycle, sending the tickers flying. Eld then catches five tickers out of the air using a comedy-sized fishnet. These numbers, in order, will be an accurate representation of any hostile fleet's damage.
    Last edited by Lord Maldoror; September 30 2011 at 06:21:04 PM. Reason: forgot to quote post to which I'm replying