hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations from a drive across America

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    I think he felt outclassed by walrus who is enjoying himself because hecisnt a bad poster.

fone poastin
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Well played

win Tapatalk
    I had no idea he was doing a cross-country trip until I saw his post here. But, I sure don't wanna get into a happiness dick-measuring contest with you two. With 6,000+ posts and all that reputation you guys are clearly the real winners here. All walrus and I have is our travel and life experiences.
    You could replace every single Wall post with 'i'm so edgy I'm amazed I don't cut myself walking', and they would all read exactly the same.
    i have never left england obvs or done amazing stuff ever.

also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxee View Post
    Did you get off the beaten-to-death-by-tourists-and-everyone-else track and out into the more affluent suburbs or quaint small towns? If not, you are getting a somewhat skewed view of the US biased by the big city- and motorway-bound human herd.
    You can't get to lake superior by following the heavily traveled roads in the US. There is one big, pardon "big" city in the UP near lake superior and that is attached to the canadian border with a majority of the city being in canada (sault st. Marie). If he is in Winsconsin on lake superior same thing applies, i think duluth is the only city of note and its a very small note.

fone poastin

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    *A little hint to all the smokers here, non-smokers fucking hate this shit. And that comes from someone that used to smoke while drinking every time.
    We know and dont care.

What have you done with our staunchly conservative shitpoasting freedom praising patriot Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    What have you done with our staunchly conservative shitpoasting freedom praising patriot Wall?
    We are p. fat here and we do drive to close to eachother.

fone poastin

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    We know and dont care.
    Enjoy your smoking pits. I love walking through airports and seeing you all corralled into your little hotbox by your lack of self control.

When you stop by Colorado, you should come down to my shop. Maybe you would like to get a PA. Here is one I did last week:
      Spoiler:
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    We are p. fat here and we do drive to close to eachother.

fone poastin
    Pretty much this.
    This message is hidden because Isyel is on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    When you stop by Colorado, you should come down to my shop. Maybe you would like to get a PA. Here is one I did last week:
      Spoiler:
    I, too, touch penises for a living.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      Spoiler:
    I, too, touch penises for a living.
    Cool, we are in good company
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Spoiler:
    Gonna pass on that one

Smuggo
    Oh I thought this troll account had been banned but I guess he instead went on an imaginary trip so he could come back and tell us about how smug and self-satisfied he is because he managed to drive across a big country.

Observations from a read across terrible wall posts

I recently came back to failheap from a few years abroad on reddit and I'm working my way from The Helenyard to Eve General while I have some free time. I started on the daythread and after reading about 143 posts I'm roughly half-way done. I thought I'd share a few observations from that experience.

1) That 99% terrible shitpost statistic is probably a big underestimate. I cannot get over just how dumb wall is, it's sickening. If any goodposters have a stereotype of wall maeking good posts I have not seen first hand if that's the truth.... wall is grossly, disgustingly, disturbingly bad at posting. I think the only large group of reasonable posts from him was a small group of trollposts in the ponyfag subforum.

2) A lot of wall posts are like squat-style toilets, which most civilized people hate, myself included. However, given that most public posts along the intarweb are so foul you could never comprehend them anyway, I gotta say those wall posts have some appeal.

3) wall is just fucking awful at making threads. I cannot fathom why everyone feels like the best idea is to create obvious trollthreads 10 ft. behind lallante, while lall is always 80-90+ successful trolls ahead of him. Not to mention the dipping in and out of good threads to gain a single negrep...when the next 10 threads of shitposts are all clearly just as rammed up walls ass. I saw at 3 major shitposts, and in two cases it was a multi-user threadnaught of idiots who had been doing the good ole HURRDURRRIMATROLLIN routine.

4) Failheap doesn't sell brains. What the fuck, never thought I'd miss my brains.

5) The vidya games subforum and areas just south of it have a surprising number of really nice, new, great looking threads and posts, and some hilarious facepalms. World of [VEHICLES] ? Eve General(nickname "Eve has sound?"), Planetshit 2, etc. I'd post there if I wasn't 1,000 miles from being a sentient human being.

6) I forgot how horrible buttplugs and strapons are.

7) My account being banned everywhere is awesome. Fuck me with a rusty pile driver.

Smoker here.

Also smoking ban, fuck yeah. I love how my gov. introduced one 2 years ago.
    What I don't understand is a need for a law here. It's not that bars & restaurants were forced before to be smoking places. The owner could have decided to go non-smoker, if he wanted.

And non-smokers had the choice: stay at home (like I do know ... and no, that's no complaint, just stating my choice) or go out.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Smoker here.

Also smoking ban, fuck yeah. I love how my gov. introduced one 2 years ago.
    What I don't understand is a need for a law here. It's not that bars & restaurants were forced before to be smoking places. The owner could have decided to go non-smoker, if he wanted.

And non-smokers had the choice: stay at home (like I do know ... and no, that's no complaint, just stating my choice) or go out.
    It's because the people that work there are forced to breath it in.

Anyway, it's no biggie really. Means people smoke less in the winter and spend more time in the pub garden in the summer. It's been over here for like 5 or 6 years now and TBH I wouldn't change things back (was a smoker back when they banned it).

They could have.....if they were willing to lose all of that smoker business to the competition....which clearly almost nobody was.

Think most countries in euroland have smoking bans as well. Even Spain managed to enforce it in most places, which i thought was rather impressive. In sweden its very hard to find any smokers at all these days. I like it as it helps me smoke less myself.

What I don't understand is a need for a law here.
    Add it to the pile of things you don't understand.

Asking waitresses to work in a smoking environment is cruel for starters (in before "nobody is forced to work anywhere"). Trying to compete with other bars that allow smoking is another. You wonder why they need a law to enforce something that is voluntary... meanwhile you can see with your own eyes that while it was voluntary none of them did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Donor
    What I don't understand is a need for a law here.
    Add it to the pile of things you don't understand.

Asking waitresses to work in a smoking environment is cruel for starters (in before "nobody is forced to work anywhere"). Trying to compete with other bars that allow smoking is another. You wonder why they need a law to enforce something that is voluntary... meanwhile you can see with your own eyes that while it was voluntary none of them did it.
    A TL; DR could be

"Smoking and second hand smoke causes cancer and a myriad of other life changing illnesses".

fone poastin

i got such a hard on a drive across America, roadtrip from west to east...me and my lady were talking about it, but then i got her pregnant and now we just dream about doing it...i guess in few years we could do it...

could you guys post some more info on rout and prices of gas, rent a car, motels and stuff.....my dream trip would be in some American old school muscle car
    NcDot