hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2543

Thread: Bitcoin

  1. #2521
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,516
    Last edited by Sparq; November 28 2018 at 12:31:46 PM. Reason: i can't spell for shit, apparently

  2. #2522

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,154
    Mining profit is going lower than zero..


  3. #2523
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,858
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.

  4. #2524
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Mining profit is going lower than zero..
    Isn't power in china basically free though?

    Yeah, full price electricity is about 0.075 USD/KWh and you'd have to be an idiot to not get the massive discounts they provide for startups..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  5. #2525
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Mining profit is going lower than zero..

    once again, you're dumb

    the majority of miners don't pay for electricity, it just means that it'll take them slightly longer to pay off any new GPUs, and if they already have a load from the mining boom years ago they're still making solid profit.

  6. #2526
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.

  7. #2527

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    10,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.
    Looking forward to fifty years from now, when late-night commercials on FoxNews are hawking "unissued Mint-quality Bitcoins" to elderly libertarians.

    Will anime figurines replace Precious Moments™ dolls?

  8. #2528
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.
    Looking forward to fifty years from now, when late-night commercials on FoxNews are hawking "unissued Mint-quality Bitcoins" to elderly libertarians.

    Will anime figurines replace Precious Moments™ dolls?
    Some might say they already have.
    meh

  9. #2529
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.
    Looking forward to fifty years from now, when late-night commercials on FoxNews are hawking "unissued Mint-quality Bitcoins" to elderly libertarians.

    Will anime figurines replace Precious Moments™ dolls?
    Some might say they already have.
    No, they've also been replaced, by CryptoKitties.

  10. #2530

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    10,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.
    Looking forward to fifty years from now, when late-night commercials on FoxNews are hawking "unissued Mint-quality Bitcoins" to elderly libertarians.

    Will anime figurines replace Precious Moments™ dolls?
    Some might say they already have.
    No, they've also been replaced, by CryptoKitties.
    Change it to CryptoPonies and you'll make billions.

  11. #2531

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.
    Looking forward to fifty years from now, when late-night commercials on FoxNews are hawking "unissued Mint-quality Bitcoins" to elderly libertarians.

    Will anime figurines replace Precious Moments™ dolls?
    Some might say they already have.
    No, they've also been replaced, by CryptoKitties.
    Change it to CryptoPonies and you'll make billions.
    You will be saddened to know it was tried, but happy to know that it failed.

  12. #2532
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    You'd be better off investing in actual mining companies.
    Investing in shipping containers is another way to make actual money.

    Or mutual funds.

    Or buy and bury some gold.

    Or literally anything not related to crypto.
    Looking forward to fifty years from now, when late-night commercials on FoxNews are hawking "unissued Mint-quality Bitcoins" to elderly libertarians.

    Will anime figurines replace Precious Moments™ dolls?
    Some might say they already have.
    No, they've also been replaced, by CryptoKitties.
    Change it to CryptoPonies and you'll make billions.
    You will be saddened to know it was tried, but happy to know that it failed.
    I wouldn't say it failed. We pretty much have unalterable proof who the pony deviants are, by the contents of their wallets.
    meh

  13. #2533
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I wouldn't say it failed. We pretty much have unalterable proof who the pony deviants are, by the contents of their wallets.
    "by the contents of their wallets"

    ?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  14. #2534

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I wouldn't say it failed. We pretty much have unalterable proof who the pony deviants are, by the contents of their wallets.
    "by the contents of their wallets"

    ?
    Smart contracts on ethereum have a concept of ownership (if designed with the correct pattern). They can hold an owner variable that is basically the public key of a wallet. Non-fungible token-based systems like cryptokitties or (I assume) cryptoponies use this as the basis of their smart contracts.

    Because of this, ethereum wallets have a rather larger definition of "content". Anything you are marked as the owner of can be considered part of your wallet, even if technically* your wallet only actually contains ethereum.


    edit
    *that isn't even how it works technically, as your wallet is just an address ethereum can be associated with, but that's possibly going too deep.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; November 28 2018 at 08:38:13 AM.

  15. #2535
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolvius233 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I wouldn't say it failed. We pretty much have unalterable proof who the pony deviants are, by the contents of their wallets.
    "by the contents of their wallets"

    ?
    Smart contracts on ethereum have a concept of ownership (if designed with the correct pattern). They can hold an owner variable that is basically the public key of a wallet. Non-fungible token-based systems like cryptokitties or (I assume) cryptoponies use this as the basis of their smart contracts.

    Because of this, ethereum wallets have a rather larger definition of "content". Anything you are marked as the owner of can be considered part of your wallet, even if technically* your wallet only actually contains ethereum.


    edit
    *that isn't even how it works technically, as your wallet is just an address ethereum can be associated with, but that's possibly going too deep.
    This smart contracts allow tokenize any asset including shares or securities. That's why soon or late the security tokens will be on top of financial world
    Who are you?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  16. #2536
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,287
    Guys,

    Now is the time to invest!

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

  17. #2537

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    5,133
    Well, at least I know what keywords they search for now

  18. #2538
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,713

  19. #2539
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Guys,

    Now is the time to invest!

  20. #2540
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    To be fair it feels like this sometimes.. "the floor is usd5000!".. What the fuck are they on.. The floor is it's starting price of 0.01c. It WILL continue to crash until people give up mining it and most people have forgotten about it.. Then the cycle will start again. I have no idea what that price will be but it doesn't really matter because everyone will have forgotten about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •