hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2225

Thread: Bitcoin

  1. #2141

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Wasn't Kodak basically a penny stock for the time being? So "up 120%" wouldn't mean that much.
    Hovering above $3 for 'ages' (November last year), jumped to $6.80 yesterday, $10.70 today.

    Related,

    Wow... I dont even... That said, this isnt really the good ol' Kodak is it? Its the shell of the former company using the brand for credibility right? Right...? Pls?
    Sadly I think it is, as the article links to this quarterly report and the name there is "EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY (Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)"

    e: why does this show like I'm inside sparqs quote? Stupid intertwatter.
    The Tweet plugin breaks the right quoting. Two Tweets in a row don't seem to work. I added that space above to the closing Tweet bracket and everything's fine again

  2. #2142
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in Hollandistan.

    https://gizmodo.com/men-try-to-redef...ain-1821964907

    Dutch blockchain company LegalThings announced in a press release on Wednesday that it is developing an app, LegalFling, which in theory could allow about-to-bone partners to log what they are and are not okay with before they bone. The company notes that you can mark your do’s and don’ts “with the swipe of a finger.”
    Consent. Now on the blockchain.
    Escalate a breach with a single click, triggering cease and desist letters and enforcing penalty payments
    Edit:

    I recommend subscribing to "Money Stuff" to keep up with this nonsense/totally viable investments (because it is funny)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ke-salespeople
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; January 11 2018 at 03:44:10 PM.

  3. #2143

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Didn’t see it in phone when I read. My apologies.
    No problem. Twas a little note.

  4. #2144
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Transaction fees would skyrocket if China goes offline. They are already too high and bitcoin has lost all meaning other than a speculative device.
    No, it wouldn't. Like Nicholai already noted this won't affect the supply of Bitcoin at all, and neither would it affect the number of transactions approved per second and thus the transaction fees (which are indeed stupidly high). The Bitcoin algorithm is quite clever and self-adjusts for available mining capacity. It'll create some minor swings in the short term but correct in a week or so.

  5. #2145
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Transaction fees would skyrocket if China goes offline. They are already too high and bitcoin has lost all meaning other than a speculative device.
    No, it wouldn't. Like Nicholai already noted this won't affect the supply of Bitcoin at all, and neither would it affect the number of transactions approved per second and thus the transaction fees (which are indeed stupidly high). The Bitcoin algorithm is quite clever and self-adjusts for available mining capacity. It'll create some minor swings in the short term but correct in a week or so.
    And cause wild swings in the price of btc.

    This is gud popcorn material :3


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

  6. #2146
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Transaction fees would skyrocket if China goes offline. They are already too high and bitcoin has lost all meaning other than a speculative device.
    No, it wouldn't. Like Nicholai already noted this won't affect the supply of Bitcoin at all, and neither would it affect the number of transactions approved per second and thus the transaction fees (which are indeed stupidly high). The Bitcoin algorithm is quite clever and self-adjusts for available mining capacity. It'll create some minor swings in the short term but correct in a week or so.
    I dont know why I bother but here goes nothing.

    Bitcoin is designed in a way that it can only become more computationaly difficult to add new blocks as time goes on.

    If Chinese miners stop you have same blockchain as before, but Western miners pay much higher electricity bill. To profit they must only include transactions with highest fees.

    In a sane world this would lead to drop in bitcoin prices as it becomes unusable for small transactions as you either pay significant % of transaction as fees or wait days for your transaction to be logged. So you find bitcoin inpractical and sell it to switch to dogecoin.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  7. #2147
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,317
    In the real world crypto currency is 5% interesting tech and 95% magical thinking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2148
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,743
    BitCoin itself is of little interest to me, as in its current value got little room to expand.
    Even if it rises to 60k per coin, it is still just a 2-3x increase in value.

    Instead I have started to in the other smaller currencies.
    If only one of them reaches a 100x increase I will be left with a hefty profit.

    So far for me the Cardano, Iota & Ripple seems most interesting.
    Cardano is most promising, atm it is falling in value so a good time to get on the train and yet too big to fail.

  9. #2149

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in Hollandistan.

    https://gizmodo.com/men-try-to-redef...ain-1821964907

    Dutch blockchain company LegalThings announced in a press release on Wednesday that it is developing an app, LegalFling, which in theory could allow about-to-bone partners to log what they are and are not okay with before they bone. The company notes that you can mark your do’s and don’ts “with the swipe of a finger.”
    Consent. Now on the blockchain.
    Escalate a breach with a single click, triggering cease and desist letters and enforcing penalty payments
    Well, to me that reads basically like a PR-stunt description and implementation of smart contracts.

    I mean, we're all (most of us, at least) around long enough to remember how at first any established workflow had added "with a computer" and then sold as something new, to be followed by "on the internet". The new catchphrase now is "on the blockchain".

  10. #2150
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Transaction fees would skyrocket if China goes offline. They are already too high and bitcoin has lost all meaning other than a speculative device.
    No, it wouldn't. Like Nicholai already noted this won't affect the supply of Bitcoin at all, and neither would it affect the number of transactions approved per second and thus the transaction fees (which are indeed stupidly high). The Bitcoin algorithm is quite clever and self-adjusts for available mining capacity. It'll create some minor swings in the short term but correct in a week or so.
    I dont know why I bother but here goes nothing.

    Bitcoin is designed in a way that it can only become more computationaly difficult to add new blocks as time goes on.
    Incorrect. It's designed to spit out new blocks at a predictable rate which slows down over time. The actual computation that has to be performed is a function of how many other miners are active at the same time. If more miners are active the difficulty goes up, if less miners are active the difficulty goes down.

    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    If Chinese miners stop you have same blockchain as before, but Western miners pay much higher electricity bill. To profit they must only include transactions with highest fees.
    If less miners are active the difficulty of computing a new block goes down, so the amount of electricity all miners spend together per block also goes down. Chinese miners stopping means that Western miners make more profit, not less. The electricity bill of the Western miner stays the same, but the chance that they get to make the next block goes up.

    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    In a sane world this would lead to drop in bitcoin prices as it becomes unusable for small transactions as you either pay significant % of transaction as fees or wait days for your transaction to be logged. So you find bitcoin inpractical and sell it to switch to dogecoin.
    This is already the case, bitcoin fees have been way too high for months now to use it as an actual currency. Which is why loads of companies have already dropped Bitcoin as a payment method, and some have started to accept alternatives like Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin.

    The people behind Bitcoin believe that a Lightning Network will solve all their problems, but I'm quite skeptical about this myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    So far for me the Cardano, Iota & Ripple seems most interesting.
    Be careful with Ripple, it's massively overvalued at the moment. Ripple the company is doing extremely well and scoring new customers left and right. None of them are using Ripple the blockchain. There are several reasons to believe they will never use Ripple the blockchain. Ripple's current value is entirely due to speculation and people misunderstanding that the blockchain has zero use as it stands now and is not likely to be used for it's intended purpose anytime soon if ever.

    That's not to say you can't make money with Ripple, the speculation will probably continue for a while.

  11. #2151
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    The XFX RX580 4GB I bought on Black Friday 2017 for $230 with a $30 rebate (which has yet to arrive) is now selling for $606. I profoundly regret not buying the limit of 5.

    The RX560 4GB it replaced is selling for a mere $150.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #2152
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    The XFX RX580 4GB I bought on Black Friday 2017 for $230 with a $30 rebate (which has yet to arrive) is now selling for $606. I profoundly regret not buying the limit of 5.

    The RX560 4GB it replaced is selling for a mere $150.
    So basically the best way to make monies out of crypto is to buy new video cards on pre-order and then spam eBay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

  13. #2153
    Yankunytjatjara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    1,515
    GPUs are a ponzi scheme!!

  14. #2154
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    The XFX RX580 4GB I bought on Black Friday 2017 for $230 with a $30 rebate (which has yet to arrive) is now selling for $606. I profoundly regret not buying the limit of 5.

    The RX560 4GB it replaced is selling for a mere $150.
    So basically the best way to make monies out of crypto is to buy new video cards on pre-order and then spam eBay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Literally tulip mania.

    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  15. #2155
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    8,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    The XFX RX580 4GB I bought on Black Friday 2017 for $230 with a $30 rebate (which has yet to arrive) is now selling for $606. I profoundly regret not buying the limit of 5.

    The RX560 4GB it replaced is selling for a mere $150.
    So basically the best way to make monies out of crypto is to buy new video cards on pre-order and then spam eBay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #2156
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,854
    The world now has a cryptocurrency pop group
    https://qz.com/1177249/japans-kasots...d-cryptofraud/

  17. #2157
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    2,123
    Good thing I don't/won't need to upgrade my GPU for another 3 years v0v

  18. #2158
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,816
    I got my last couple of GPUs for free from my mate who keeps getting given them by nvidia.

    I think the last gpu I bought was a 290...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  19. #2159

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    9,238
    Bitcoin rally from $150 to $1,000 was created by one person.

    https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/15/re...m-150-to-1000/

    Top comment in Reddit thread: " Yeah, no big deal, EVE Online traders do it all the time..."

  20. #2160
    Badboy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,475
    https://insurepal.io/crowdsale

    Some Slovenian company just sold 201.000.000 IPL for 14,7 milijon million EUR in 1 min 20 sec.
    NcDot

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •