hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2225

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Wasn't Kodak basically a penny stock for the time being? So "up 120%" wouldn't mean that much.
    Hovering above $3 for 'ages' (November last year), jumped to $6.80 yesterday, $10.70 today.

Related,

Wow... I dont even... That said, this isnt really the good ol' Kodak is it? Its the shell of the former company using the brand for credibility right? Right...? Pls?
    Sadly I think it is, as the article links to this quarterly report and the name there is "EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY (Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)"

e: why does this show like I'm inside sparqs quote? Stupid intertwatter.
    The Tweet plugin breaks the right quoting. Two Tweets in a row don't seem to work. I added that space above to the closing Tweet bracket and everything's fine again

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in Hollandistan.

https://gizmodo.com/men-try-to-redef...ain-1821964907

Dutch blockchain company LegalThings announced in a press release on Wednesday that it is developing an app, LegalFling, which in theory could allow about-to-bone partners to log what they are and are not okay with before they bone. The company notes that you can mark your do’s and don’ts “with the swipe of a finger.”
    Consent. Now on the blockchain.
    Escalate a breach with a single click, triggering cease and desist letters and enforcing penalty payments
    Edit:

I recommend subscribing to "Money Stuff" to keep up with this nonsense/totally viable investments (because it is funny)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ke-salespeople
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; January 11 2018 at 03:44:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Didn’t see it in phone when I read. My apologies.
    No problem. Twas a little note.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Transaction fees would skyrocket if China goes offline. They are already too high and bitcoin has lost all meaning other than a speculative device.
    No, it wouldn't. Like Nicholai already noted this won't affect the supply of Bitcoin at all, and neither would it affect the number of transactions approved per second and thus the transaction fees (which are indeed stupidly high). The Bitcoin algorithm is quite clever and self-adjusts for available mining capacity. It'll create some minor swings in the short term but correct in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Transaction fees would skyrocket if China goes offline. They are already too high and bitcoin has lost all meaning other than a speculative device.
    No, it wouldn't. Like Nicholai already noted this won't affect the supply of Bitcoin at all, and neither would it affect the number of transactions approved per second and thus the transaction fees (which are indeed stupidly high). The Bitcoin algorithm is quite clever and self-adjusts for available mining capacity. It'll create some minor swings in the short term but correct in a week or so.
    And cause wild swings in the price of btc.

This is gud popcorn material :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

I dont know why I bother but here goes nothing.

Bitcoin is designed in a way that it can only become more computationaly difficult to add new blocks as time goes on.

If Chinese miners stop you have same blockchain as before, but Western miners pay much higher electricity bill. To profit they must only include transactions with highest fees.

In a sane world this would lead to drop in bitcoin prices as it becomes unusable for small transactions as you either pay significant % of transaction as fees or wait days for your transaction to be logged. So you find bitcoin inpractical and sell it to switch to dogecoin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In the real world crypto currency is 5% interesting tech and 95% magical thinking.

BitCoin itself is of little interest to me, as in its current value got little room to expand.
    Even if it rises to 60k per coin, it is still just a 2-3x increase in value.

Instead I have started to in the other smaller currencies.
    If only one of them reaches a 100x increase I will be left with a hefty profit.

So far for me the Cardano, Iota & Ripple seems most interesting.
    Cardano is most promising, atm it is falling in value so a good time to get on the train and yet too big to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in Hollandistan.

https://gizmodo.com/men-try-to-redef...ain-1821964907

Dutch blockchain company LegalThings announced in a press release on Wednesday that it is developing an app, LegalFling, which in theory could allow about-to-bone partners to log what they are and are not okay with before they bone. The company notes that you can mark your do’s and don’ts “with the swipe of a finger.”
    Consent. Now on the blockchain.
    Escalate a breach with a single click, triggering cease and desist letters and enforcing penalty payments
    Well, to me that reads basically like a PR-stunt description and implementation of smart contracts.

I mean, we're all (most of us, at least) around long enough to remember how at first any established workflow had added "with a computer" and then sold as something new, to be followed by "on the internet". The new catchphrase now is "on the blockchain".

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I dont know why I bother but here goes nothing.

Bitcoin is designed in a way that it can only become more computationaly difficult to add new blocks as time goes on.
    Incorrect. It's designed to spit out new blocks at a predictable rate which slows down over time. The actual computation that has to be performed is a function of how many other miners are active at the same time. If more miners are active the difficulty goes up, if less miners are active the difficulty goes down.

If Chinese miners stop you have same blockchain as before, but Western miners pay much higher electricity bill. To profit they must only include transactions with highest fees.
    If less miners are active the difficulty of computing a new block goes down, so the amount of electricity all miners spend together per block also goes down. Chinese miners stopping means that Western miners make more profit, not less. The electricity bill of the Western miner stays the same, but the chance that they get to make the next block goes up.

In a sane world this would lead to drop in bitcoin prices as it becomes unusable for small transactions as you either pay significant % of transaction as fees or wait days for your transaction to be logged. So you find bitcoin inpractical and sell it to switch to dogecoin.
    This is already the case, bitcoin fees have been way too high for months now to use it as an actual currency. Which is why loads of companies have already dropped Bitcoin as a payment method, and some have started to accept alternatives like Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin.

The people behind Bitcoin believe that a Lightning Network will solve all their problems, but I'm quite skeptical about this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    So far for me the Cardano, Iota & Ripple seems most interesting.
    Be careful with Ripple, it's massively overvalued at the moment. Ripple the company is doing extremely well and scoring new customers left and right. None of them are using Ripple the blockchain. There are several reasons to believe they will never use Ripple the blockchain. Ripple's current value is entirely due to speculation and people misunderstanding that the blockchain has zero use as it stands now and is not likely to be used for it's intended purpose anytime soon if ever.

That's not to say you can't make money with Ripple, the speculation will probably continue for a while.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    The XFX RX580 4GB I bought on Black Friday 2017 for $230 with a $30 rebate (which has yet to arrive) is now selling for $606. I profoundly regret not buying the limit of 5.

The RX560 4GB it replaced is selling for a mere $150.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    The XFX RX580 4GB I bought on Black Friday 2017 for $230 with a $30 rebate (which has yet to arrive) is now selling for $606. I profoundly regret not buying the limit of 5.

So basically the best way to make monies out of crypto is to buy new video cards on pre-order and then spam eBay

Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

GPUs are a ponzi scheme!!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

So basically the best way to make monies out of crypto is to buy new video cards on pre-order and then spam eBay

Literally tulip mania.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

The world now has a cryptocurrency pop group
    https://qz.com/1177249/japans-kasots...d-cryptofraud/

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Good thing I don't/won't need to upgrade my GPU for another 3 years v0v

I got my last couple of GPUs for free from my mate who keeps getting given them by nvidia.

I think the last gpu I bought was a 290...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bitcoin rally from $150 to $1,000 was created by one person.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/15/re...m-150-to-1000/

Top comment in Reddit thread: " Yeah, no big deal, EVE Online traders do it all the time..."

https://insurepal.io/crowdsale

Some Slovenian company just sold 201.000.000 IPL for 14,7 milijon million EUR in 1 min 20 sec.
    NcDot