hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 104 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2495

Thread: Bitcoin

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I regret cashing out at $5K
    Think about all the people who cashed out at $1k, or even $1. You did fine.
    Also it's never too late to cash in again and ride along. Just make sure not to put in too much as everything is hella unpredictable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Seems its getting worth to search my 10 year old harddrive with 0,3 bc on it...
    ayyy at least you're not this guy amirite

(have to giggle at how daily fail does click-bait)

Here's a nice story about a wild ride to recover BTC: My $200,000 bitcoin odyssey

I looked into Bitcoin about 5 years ago but it seemed like too much effort to throw money at it. Even if I had 'invested' I'd probably have gotten out too early.

Should I get in now or wait for the next big thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    It depends. You want to lose money now, or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    It depends. You want to lose money now, or later?
    Why not both?

Given how cryptocurrency investment is going to open up to the main financial markets in a big way next year and bitcoin is the gold standard used to peg all cryptocurrencies, you are likely to see significant gains on bitcoin for at least another year. There will be some wobbles in its value (as always) but they will be temporary.

2019 is when I'm expecting a real crash, due to over-investment from the main financial markets.

Bitcoin at low levels is better treated as money you don't really need lost for a while until you remember to check and probably make some nice profit.

Gets weird once you take it seriously.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    ETH is considerably more stable since its much more boring and has minor buy in from some boring companies.
    That was true until this happened, https://www.cryptokitties.co/

Reports of kitties being traded for >100K$... Could this be a glimpse of what the matrix will look like - all the virtual things owned by 2011 bitcoin buyers?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    ETH is considerably more stable since its much more boring and has minor buy in from some boring companies.
    That was true until this happened, https://www.cryptokitties.co/]
    Finally! Digital Beanie Babies!

Summon the fucking meteors

https://cryptovest.com/news/ethereum...ies-stabilize/

The highly popular game CryptoKitties has decreased its gas usage to around 12% of the network from peaks above 20%, with new lowered prices on the "breeding" smart contract. With the network congestion resolved, Ethereum spiked again after the recent slump.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...razy-interview
    ...with more than $8 million USD spent on kitties so far according to one third-party site, the company has made at least $300,000 from the 3.75 percent cut it takes on every CryptoKitty trade alone. That’s not counting what the company makes from selling brand new kitties, which are minted every 15 minutes. .... “If they’re going to value or devalue in the future, I honestly don’t know.”

If you take down the major platform for people actually using bitcoin it wouldn't really have been that smart to go long on the confiscated bitcoin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Plus organisations like the FBI aren't an investment vehicle.

heh

Estonia's e-residency programme apparently goes ahead with the proposed ICO.
    https://medium.com/e-residency-blog/...t-310aba7f3790

First ICO by a government backed agency?

The agency uses as consultant Ethereum funder Estonian Vitalik Buterin. Ethereum has in december gone up some 300%. I suspect the two facts are linked. IB4 investigation?

One of the possible uses for the token is the holy grail of cryptocurrencies:
    3. The euro estcoin
    We’ve discussed models for estcoin that either increase or decrease in value, but what if we introduced estcoins and simply pegged their value to the euro? That’s how euro estcoins would work.
    A crypto pegged to € would immediately prevent banks from getting their commission on money transfers, this would have rather large ramifiications.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post
    Estonia's e-residency programme apparently goes ahead with the proposed ICO.
    https://medium.com/e-residency-blog/...t-310aba7f3790

First ICO by a government backed agency?

The agency uses as consultant Ethereum funder Estonian Vitalik Buterin. Ethereum has in december gone up some 300%. I suspect the two facts are linked. IB4 investigation?

One of the possible uses for the token is the holy grail of cryptocurrencies:
    3. The euro estcoin
    We’ve discussed models for estcoin that either increase or decrease in value, but what if we introduced estcoins and simply pegged their value to the euro? That’s how euro estcoins would work.
    A crypto pegged to € would immediately prevent banks from getting their commission on money transfers, this would have rather large ramifiications.
    Paying 100x as much to Chinese button miners to move currency would have large ramifications but they ain't positive or likely.

True that. The idea obviously would work only with a super cheap transaction cost. Given that the exchange would be in tokens, and not coins, that is possible.
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Found an old HDD with my bitcoin wallet on it, currently trying various meditative avenues to remember the password

I think crying and/or slamming my head into a wall are the best bets so far

It's a good 7 years old or so, from the time when I talked my best mate (age 16ish) out of buying 10 BTC for £15 because "lol it'll never get big save your money"

He still hasn't forgiven me and brings it up whenever crypto comes up in coversation

BTC is still a pyramid scheme though
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; December 20 2017 at 12:12:14 AM.