hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2500

Thread: Bitcoin

  1. #2281
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    It really is toxic, you have to be particular where you lurk on there
    I take it you stick to /r/conspiracy and /r/debatealtright, then?
    You seem, salty...again... shockingly.... /s
    I'm not hearing a no.
    I do read the conspiracy reddit, not the debatealright one (first ive heard of it).

    I also read your posting XR.. which is pretty aids but I tolerate it because I respect the diversity of opinion
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  2. #2282
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    I also read your posting XR.. which is pretty aids but I tolerate it because I respect the diversity of opinion
    You only advocate respect for diversity of opinion because 1) it lets you appropriate the 'liberal' label and 2) without diversity of opinion generally you would be consistently no-platformed.

    You're only tolerant because you have other intolerable opinions which you demand be tolerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  3. #2283
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    I also read your posting XR.. which is pretty aids but I tolerate it because I respect the diversity of opinion
    You only advocate respect for diversity of opinion because 1) it lets you appropriate the 'liberal' label and 2) without diversity of opinion generally you would be consistently no-platformed.

    You're only tolerant because you have other intolerable opinions which you demand be tolerated.

  4. #2284
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    It really is toxic, you have to be particular where you lurk on there
    I take it you stick to /r/conspiracy and /r/debatealtright, then?
    You seem, salty...again... shockingly.... /s
    I'm not hearing a no.
    I do read the conspiracy reddit, not the debatealright one (first ive heard of it).

    I also read your posting XR.. which is pretty aids but I tolerate it because I respect the diversity of opinion
    nice politehitler.jpg

    I'm still not going to tolerate you

  5. #2285
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,175
    This is the Bitcoin thread... not quite sure why I am a target here but okay. I am great and you are jelly, I get it.

    Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst, we do all we can do destroy it.
    No salt guys, no salt.

    I love you all and respect your opinions even if I disagree with them.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  6. #2286
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Greatness is a vague term used to create heroes out of criminals and fuel patriotic idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  7. #2287

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    This is the Bitcoin thread... not quite sure why I am a target here but okay. I am great and you are jelly, I get it.

    Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst, we do all we can do destroy it.
    No salt guys, no salt.

    I love you all and respect your opinions even if I disagree with them.
    Its great to see Dunning–Kruger in action.

  8. #2288
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    This is the Bitcoin thread... not quite sure why I am a target here but okay. I am great and you are jelly, I get it.

    Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst, we do all we can do destroy it.
    No salt guys, no salt.

    I love you all and respect your opinions even if I disagree with them.
    Its great to see Dunning–Kruger in action.
    To be fair, their assault rifles are great.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  9. #2289
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,439
    Another day, another ICO ~

    Last edited by Sparq; February 14 2018 at 01:34:43 PM.

  10. #2290
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,439
    Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.

  11. #2291
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.
    Iceland cannot into the new economy.
    meh

  12. #2292
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,945

    Bitcoin

    Honestly the last thing we needed as a civilization was an electricity black hole. Considering even seti got jealous lel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  13. #2293
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,389
    Related to the topic the hearing is ongoing on the blockchain technology:

  14. #2294

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.
    Relevant articel: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...&post=34795057

    In crypto currency related news: when previous malware targetd SCADA, the intention was to take down nuclear powerplants. These days, we mine coins instead: https://cryptoticker.io/malware-atta...ryptocurrency/

  15. #2295
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.
    Iceland cannot into the new economy.
    Iceland probably couldn't cash in on the Tulip craze either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  16. #2296
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.
    Iceland cannot into the new economy.
    Iceland probably couldn't cash in on the Tulip craze either.
    No, I donít really see them as a flower growing powerhouse...

  17. #2297
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,439

  18. #2298

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,936
    It's important to read the replies to this tweet, because it is not a miner hidden in a favicon.ico:

    Looks like JS is being prepended to all page requests for any page, including 404 pages and this favicon request, and that's what starts the miner, JS in page. Favicon is just coincidence..I hope...
    [...]

    Wait, so the browser asks a server "hey, do you have a favicon?" and it replies "no, but here's some shady javascript code", the browser says "OK!". Who thought that was a good idea?
    Not exactly more like the user requests any resource. The server has htaccess rewriting to pass all requests through PHP which then responds with the script tags followed by the actual response in one go.
    Right, but it seems like the browser should be paranoid enough not to execute a browser-side script when it was just trying to get a favicon.
    looks like the browser isn't necessarily running it; exploit is a shotgun spray on every request, and only some of them succeed (favicon probably not one of those).

  19. #2299

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,905
    It actually is a really interesting replacement for adverts, as long as you get consent.

    Of course what we really need is an embedded browser add-on that has certified safe code within it, which websites can just pass a cryptocurrency type/address to. Website gets a "yes they have the add-on and are now mining for you" response and they flip you into no-add mode.

    Browsing websites advert free at the cost of 10% of my CPU sounds like a fair deal, if its done correctly.

  20. #2300
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,525
    Or we could just not have a system which doesn't require the commodification of all information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •