Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2500

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    It really is toxic, you have to be particular where you lurk on there
    I take it you stick to /r/conspiracy and /r/debatealtright, then?
    You seem, salty...again... shockingly.... /s
    I'm not hearing a no.
    I do read the conspiracy reddit, not the debatealright one (first ive heard of it).

I also read your posting XR.. which is pretty aids but I tolerate it because I respect the diversity of opinion
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

I also read your posting XR.. which is pretty aids but I tolerate it because I respect the diversity of opinion
    You only advocate respect for diversity of opinion because 1) it lets you appropriate the 'liberal' label and 2) without diversity of opinion generally you would be consistently no-platformed.

You're only tolerant because you have other intolerable opinions which you demand be tolerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You only advocate respect for diversity of opinion because 1) it lets you appropriate the 'liberal' label and 2) without diversity of opinion generally you would be consistently no-platformed.

You're only tolerant because you have other intolerable opinions which you demand be tolerated.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    It really is toxic, you have to be particular where you lurk on there
    I take it you stick to /r/conspiracy and /r/debatealtright, then?
    You seem, salty...again... shockingly.... /s
    I'm not hearing a no.
    I do read the conspiracy reddit, not the debatealright one (first ive heard of it).

nice politehitler.jpg

I'm still not going to tolerate you

This is the Bitcoin thread... not quite sure why I am a target here but okay. I am great and you are jelly, I get it.

Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst, we do all we can do destroy it.
    No salt guys, no salt.

I love you all and respect your opinions even if I disagree with them.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Greatness is a vague term used to create heroes out of criminals and fuel patriotic idiocy.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

This is the Bitcoin thread... not quite sure why I am a target here but okay. I am great and you are jelly, I get it.

Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst, we do all we can do destroy it.
    No salt guys, no salt.

Its great to see Dunning–Kruger in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

No salt guys, no salt.

Its great to see Dunning–Kruger in action.
    To be fair, their assault rifles are great.

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Another day, another ICO ~

Last edited by Sparq; February 14 2018 at 01:34:43 PM.

Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.

Sorry in bed on phone, forgot to add the latest craziness doing the rounds for the last day or two, go look it up via BBC or Fortune: Iceland is running out of electricity because there are now so many crypto-coin mining datacenters active/being built. More juice used than entire domestic demand.
    Iceland cannot into the new economy.
    meh

Bitcoin

Honestly the last thing we needed as a civilization was an electricity black hole. Considering even seti got jealous lel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Related to the topic the hearing is ongoing on the blockchain technology:

Relevant articel: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...&post=34795057

In crypto currency related news: when previous malware targetd SCADA, the intention was to take down nuclear powerplants. These days, we mine coins instead: https://cryptoticker.io/malware-atta...ryptocurrency/

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Iceland probably couldn't cash in on the Tulip craze either.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Iceland probably couldn't cash in on the Tulip craze either.
    No, I donít really see them as a flower growing powerhouse...

It's important to read the replies to this tweet, because it is not a miner hidden in a favicon.ico:

Looks like JS is being prepended to all page requests for any page, including 404 pages and this favicon request, and that's what starts the miner, JS in page. Favicon is just coincidence..I hope...
    [...]

Wait, so the browser asks a server "hey, do you have a favicon?" and it replies "no, but here's some shady javascript code", the browser says "OK!". Who thought that was a good idea?
    Not exactly more like the user requests any resource. The server has htaccess rewriting to pass all requests through PHP which then responds with the script tags followed by the actual response in one go.
    Right, but it seems like the browser should be paranoid enough not to execute a browser-side script when it was just trying to get a favicon.
    looks like the browser isn't necessarily running it; exploit is a shotgun spray on every request, and only some of them succeed (favicon probably not one of those).

It actually is a really interesting replacement for adverts, as long as you get consent.

Of course what we really need is an embedded browser add-on that has certified safe code within it, which websites can just pass a cryptocurrency type/address to. Website gets a "yes they have the add-on and are now mining for you" response and they flip you into no-add mode.

Browsing websites advert free at the cost of 10% of my CPU sounds like a fair deal, if its done correctly.

Or we could just not have a system which doesn't require the commodification of all information.