Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 394647484950 LastLast

Thread: [NSFW] Emma Watson

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Yes Smarnca. It's us. We're the weird ones.
    Yes, you are. A bunch of toxic nerds living out power fantasies on the internet.
    And yet you continue to post here. I think that says more about you than about FHC.
    I like fighting people over stuff, its one of my biggest weaknesses.
    your biggest weakness is an iq of 80.

Yes, you are. A bunch of toxic nerds living out power fantasies on the internet.
    And yet you continue to post here. I think that says more about you than about FHC.
    Then the thing you complain about is actually the thing you like best about FHC, which makes you a hypocrite for complaining about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Then the thing you complain about is actually the thing you like best about FHC, which makes you a hypocrite for complaining about it.
    ^^

Im not complaining, not at all. I was just stating a fact.
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Hey hey hey hey hey now hey.... 80?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Hey hey hey hey hey now hey.... 80?
    More like 69 .... EHHH?

(ill show myself out)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Thing is, the pictures aren't off Instagram (which deletes each picture with a visible nipple btw) or even Snapchat, but the private cloud storage of the people. You know the storage option that every smartphone today uses as its default and deliberately needs to be turned off.

I don't feel bad for them, but not because they put them online but because they took the pictures in the first place. It's what we teach our students: if you don't want the pictures to be seen by others, don't take the pictures in the first place.

Because that's a lot easier than explaining to them how to turn off cloud storage that might get turned back on by a patch anyway.
    am i weird for thinking this is awfully close to the logic of telling women "if you don't want to get raped, don't drink/don't go out alone/don't wear <xy>", practically making victims responsible for the invasion of privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post
    Thing is, the pictures aren't off Instagram (which deletes each picture with a visible nipple btw) or even Snapchat, but the private cloud storage of the people. You know the storage option that every smartphone today uses as its default and deliberately needs to be turned off.

I don't feel bad for them, but not because they put them online but because they took the pictures in the first place. It's what we teach our students: if you don't want the pictures to be seen by others, don't take the pictures in the first place.

Because that's a lot easier than explaining to them how to turn off cloud storage that might get turned back on by a patch anyway.
    am i weird for thinking this is awfully close to the logic of telling women "if you don't want to get raped, don't drink/don't go out alone/don't wear <xy>", practically making victims responsible for the invasion of privacy?
    It is, but a woman going out alone, drunk, at 3am, in the worst part of town also is (partly ) responsible if she gets robbed or raped.

no, you're not weird for thinking that because it's basically the same argument on a very different scale.
    in an ideal world terrible vendor cloud storage would not exist and we'd adopt security protocols that actually have a hope in hell of keeping personal information at least somewhat secure, we're not so the sensible thing is A: dont do it or B: pick a cloud vendor that is not the equivalent of W0lf here.

the equivalent of taking a self-defence class if we go back to your analogy.

the real solution is of course to get fucking regulations on consumer-grade software so the worst shit is rooted out rather than left to fester and push the bar of reasonable expectations lower and lower mind, couple that with chain-responsibility and it should sort itself out.

exsample, your new Samsung Cookiemonster™ comes with two cloud options out of the box, the vendor delivered one that is utterly fucking terrible security wise, and whatever crap your service provider tries to push that is arguably even worse, you end up using both of em and get a data breach that is not down to your own idiocy (heeelllooo Password1!) If it's the vendor-delivered one both the company making the software, and the vendor for pre-packaged that terrible thing subject to punitive damage suits, if it's the provider one, the provider and the company making the software is subject to punitive damage suits.

net-result is of course they probably stop actually delivering cloud services all-together forcing you to get a third party vendor massively increasing the chances of having a non-shit cloud provider, and shit providers aren't likely to last long with sufficiently sized penalties.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Tbh the kind of people who invest time and resources hacking these sorts of pictures are social parasites who should be euthanised
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

no, you're not weird for thinking that because it's basically the same argument on a very different scale.
    in an ideal world terrible vendor cloud storage would not exist and we'd adopt security protocols that actually have a hope in hell of keeping personal information at least somewhat secure, we're not so the sensible thing is A: dont do it or B: pick a cloud vendor that is not the equivalent of W0lf here.

the equivalent of taking a self-defence class if we go back to your analogy.

the real solution is of course to get fucking regulations on consumer-grade software so the worst shit is rooted out rather than left to fester and push the bar of reasonable expectations lower and lower mind, couple that with chain-responsibility and it should sort itself out.

exsample, your new Samsung Cookiemonster™ comes with two cloud options out of the box, the vendor delivered one that is utterly fucking terrible security wise, and whatever crap your service provider tries to push that is arguably even worse, you end up using both of em and get a data breach that is not down to your own idiocy (heeelllooo Password1!) If it's the vendor-delivered one both the company making the software, and the vendor for pre-packaged that terrible thing subject to punitive damage suits, if it's the provider one, the provider and the company making the software is subject to punitive damage suits.

net-result is of course they probably stop actually delivering cloud services all-together forcing you to get a third party vendor massively increasing the chances of having a non-shit cloud provider, and shit providers aren't likely to last long with sufficiently sized penalties.
    I'd love to have a perfect world where cloud uploads aren't a security risk.

But that isn't even the issue with most private naked photos in circulation. They are the result of ex-boyfriends uploading the pictures of their ex-girlfriends. Or in the case of one of our students (12yo) recently the case of her taking intimate photos of herself for her boyfriend and him sending them to his friends who then forwarded them to his friends and so on. Within a week every school in the borough had students who had those pictures. And they showed up on Instagram and so on. Credit to the companies for effectively wiping that material quickly. And to prevent that the only way is to not take those pictures. Even self-destroying snapchat pictures aren't the solution, our students don't know how to send an email but they know how to take screenshots of snapchat messages.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Tbh the kind of people who invest time and resources hacking these sorts of pictures are social parasites who should be euthanised
    most of the time, the attacker either hits the vendor directly making off with truckloads of data to sort trough, or they are basically running automated attacks against weak entrypoints, compromising accounts, hoovering up what's in em and going to the next.
    there's quite a reasonable chance that whoever got hold of these pictures weren't actually targeting Watson directly they just turned up inspecting the goods, there's surprisingly good money in that sort of shit apparently, and it doesn't take much imagination to sort out why that might be.

or it could be a targeted attack at her, she's certainly high profile enough to warrant it.

I'd love to have a perfect world where cloud uploads aren't a security risk.

But that isn't even the issue with most private naked photos in circulation. They are the result of ex-boyfriends uploading the pictures of their ex-girlfriends. Or in the case of one of our students (12yo) recently the case of her taking intimate photos of herself for her boyfriend and him sending them to his friends who then forwarded them to his friends and so on. Within a week every school in the borough had students who had those pictures. And they showed up on Instagram and so on. Credit to the companies for effectively wiping that material quickly. And to prevent that the only way is to not take those pictures. Even self-destroying snapchat pictures aren't the solution, our students don't know how to send an email but they know how to take screenshots of snapchat messages.
    people will be people Joe, your example is one where further education is needed though, rather than the provider or the user being objectively terrible.

it's a different kettle of fish to the what i am talking about, it's not about a perfect world or the complete elimination of the security risk, it's about ultimately about incentive adjustment in order to force the industry to stop being so fucking shit, the vendor has every reason to cut costs because the penalties are basically minuscule when it comes to private users and the phone manufacturers and phone companies have every incentive possible to pick the vendor giving the highest kickback per user. and it's not reasonable to expect the user to be able to make a reasonable judgement call on the viability of a personal cloud provider, as a (former)professional i know for a fact that i cant fucking do it in the first place, so why should a regular joe be able to ?

also, this.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

The two ends of the autism spectrum have come to the Emma Watson thread to fight it out

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Counterpoint: If you leave a spare key under your doormat, and one day a stranger uses it to enter your house and steal your shit, are you "responsible"? Obviously a crime was committed by the stranger, but would it be wrong to point out things you could do to prevent it happening again?

Does the victim of any crime have a responsibility to take reasonable preventative steps? Or should we all just keep our doors unlocked and rely on law enforcement to make sure no one ever does anything illegal anywhere?
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The two ends of the autism spectrum have come to the Emma Watson thread to fight it out

does Emma know about eve online? makes you think

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    oi! i at least try to keep mine in check.
    Viking, n.:

This fucking thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Too much autism not enough pics. In the perfect world, women wouldn't get raped and cloud accounts would not get hacked. Since both of them occur, part of the responsibility does fall upon the victim to ensure that it never happens, no matter how much you wish that were not the case. Lets we can achieve utopia at some point in the near future. Until then I'll achieve my personal utopia by fapping to emma watson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Too much autism not enough pics. In the perfect world, women wouldn't get raped and cloud accounts would not get hacked. Since both of them occur, part of the responsibility does fall upon the victim to ensure that it never happens, no matter how much you wish that were not the case. Lets we can achieve utopia at some point in the near future. Until then I'll achieve my personal utopia by fapping to emma watson.
    To help you and to give everybody an idea what the leak had, here the proofs picture.

nevar forget