hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117

Thread: Mafiaheap Challenge Round 12 OOG discussion

  1. #1
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229

    Mafiaheap Challenge Round 12 OOG discussion

    Welcome to round 12 of Gangheap challenge. This time, on DragonBall Z Mafiaheap the mafia aren't unified, and are actually going to be against each other.

    This game will begin on Wednesday, 26 June

    This game will begin on Thursday, 27 June

    Assuming I understand Larkin's game rules, which I'm really not certain I do, his game should be done by then.

    Rules:
      Spoiler:
    -Votes should be bold, standard size and text with the $ before them. Like this: $Quackbot
    -No screenshots. Absolutely none. No logs either.
    -No editing posts. Editing for spelling or format within a few seconds of posting is kinda acceptable, but try not to. To change your lynch vote, make a new post, strike out your previous vote, then bold your new vote.
    -At the end of each day(every 24 hours) I will post everyone who died, what their alignment was, and how they were killed.
    -The objective is to win, not to survive. Dead players share in their teams victory.
    -Lying about your role is seriously encouraged, the hilarity of the results are on you though.
    -If the vote for a lynch is tied, I will flip a coin or role a dice to decide who is lynched.
    -Abstaining is a vote to not lynch anyone. If the majority vote is for abstaining, then there will be no lynch. This can happen every day except a must lynch day.
    Last edited by Cue1*; June 28 2013 at 01:31:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Donor Navigator Six's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,261
    In like Flynn.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

  3. #3
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    In on the condition that the gangs get to choose their own names when the game starts.

    Does the second gang/Mafia team not get a night kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  4. #4
    Bentguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,499
    2nd maf team seems way underpowered compared to the first

  5. #5
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    2nd maf team seems way underpowered compared to the first
    I was about to post this too.. Can you just given them duplicate roles and make it so if they kill off the village the one with the most members left alive wins? (Assuming then then go one each till they are all dead). Mafia/Mafia draw is a loss for everyone and the village get to laugh at how bad they were.

    I assume the 2nd team actually gets to bump someone off because they have no don or rules saying they do..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  6. #6
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,366
    Also, previously it was rules that The Janitor had to specify the day before who to clean for a lynch (assuming I read this right). So you couldn't for example see the vote was going toward Quackbot, and clean the Quackbot lynch. This made it a pretty pointless role as it basically meant the mafia could only effectively clean their own targets, and everyone knew they weren't going to be mafia.

    You at LEAST need the Consigliere on the same side as the Janitor or that mafia team is quite literally hitting people blind, and then cleaning them up so they dont get any info themselves. (ie, they can never know in advance if they are cleaning up a role or not)
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  7. #7
    Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,409
    I'm in for this, and yeah, my game should be done by Wednesday.

  8. #8
    Movember 2012 Nicho Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,831
    In, provided gangs are renamed to "Dongs" and "Buttes"

  9. #9
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    The two mafia teams can rename themselves. I am tempted to say that Mafia 1 should name Mafia 2, and Mafia 2 names Mafia 1, but I'm certain that, this being FHC, we'd have the buttfuckmydicks and myassholeishuge killing villagers all day long.

    Both mafia teams get a nightkill, I can rearrange roles if it seems an issue, I really just plopped down 3 and 3.

    :Tabletz:

  10. #10
    Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,409
    The Madame and Framer should be on opposite teams, since they both mess with other people. The Janitor and Consigliere need to be on the same team to be really effective, same thing with the Mafioso and the Don.

    You could almost do 2 teams of 5 with 1 of the roles randomly not filled on either. They'll be fighting each other as much or more than the village anyway.

  11. #11
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    I'll also take a look at the roles, might change them up.

    EDIT: swapped the roles around. Mafia1 focuses on the ability to hide, Framer and innocent Godfather(totally open to suggestion here, I know the innocent Godfather wasn't all too popular). Mafia2 is a bit more direct.

    :Tabletz:
    Last edited by Cue1*; June 21 2013 at 09:14:37 PM.

  12. #12
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,645
    Regardless of the rolefuckery, in.

    Should be interesting to watch the mafia do their thing.

  13. #13
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,464
    in

  14. #14
    Qwert's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,827
    In. Q about the lawyer since this is his first game. Does the lawyer need to vote a day ahead like the janitor, or can they troll the village by blocking all lynch attempts?

  15. #15
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
    In. Q about the lawyer since this is his first game. Does the lawyer need to vote a day ahead like the janitor, or can they troll the village by blocking all lynch attempts?
    Day ahead, limited number of stops.

    the thing from the buzz buzz

  16. #16
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,645
    As its not clear, can the lawyer protect themselves?
    (Normally a no, but just to check)

  17. #17
    Toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    WoT Raaage
    Posts
    1,257
    Im in.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

  18. #18
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
    In. Q about the lawyer since this is his first game. Does the lawyer need to vote a day ahead like the janitor, or can they troll the village by blocking all lynch attempts?
    Day ahead, limited number of stops.

    the thing from the buzz buzz
    Since the Lawyer's ability only applies during the day (nighttime application is the reason the Janitor has to declare a day in advance), I would suggest against having both of these restrictions. It's difficult for the Janitor to waste a cleaning if he's coordinating with the Mafia to clean the Godfather's hits; the daytime application is a secondary effect that I decided not to "patch" out because it had interesting implications. A Lawyer who has to declare a day in advance AND has a limited number of actions can very easily waste them all.

    In actuality, I think the role, as a Village role, works without either restriction.
    Last edited by Steph; June 23 2013 at 12:15:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  19. #19
    Bentguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
    In. Q about the lawyer since this is his first game. Does the lawyer need to vote a day ahead like the janitor, or can they troll the village by blocking all lynch attempts?
    Day ahead, limited number of stops.

    the thing from the buzz buzz
    Since the Lawyer's ability only applies during the day (nighttime application is the reason the Janitor has to declare a day in advance), I would suggest against having both of these restrictions. It's difficult for the Janitor to waste a cleaning if he's coordinating with the Mafia to clean the Godfather's hits; the daytime application is a secondary effect that I decided not to "patch" out because it had interesting implications. A Lawyer who has to declare a day in advance AND has a limited number of actions can very easily waste them all.

    In actuality, I think the role, as a Village role, works without either restriction.
    At the absolute least the lawyer needs to be able to block the lynch of the day, otherwise he's basically useless since predicting lynches is basically impossible in FHC

  20. #20
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
    In. Q about the lawyer since this is his first game. Does the lawyer need to vote a day ahead like the janitor, or can they troll the village by blocking all lynch attempts?
    Day ahead, limited number of stops.

    the thing from the buzz buzz
    Since the Lawyer's ability only applies during the day (nighttime application is the reason the Janitor has to declare a day in advance), I would suggest against having both of these restrictions. It's difficult for the Janitor to waste a cleaning if he's coordinating with the Mafia to clean the Godfather's hits; the daytime application is a secondary effect that I decided not to "patch" out because it had interesting implications. A Lawyer who has to declare a day in advance AND has a limited number of actions can very easily waste them all.

    In actuality, I think the role, as a Village role, works without either restriction.
    At the absolute least the lawyer needs to be able to block the lynch of the day, otherwise he's basically useless since predicting lynches is basically impossible in FHC
    Same reason the Janitor was basically useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •