hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: [Inquisitor]Heap Challenge: The game thread.

I don't think there's any such thing as "not a target for recruitment" in this game: every person except for the priest could benefit from being made part of a(nother) faction.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post
    I don't think there's any such thing as "not a target for recruitment" in this game: every person except for the priest could benefit from being made part of a(nother) faction.
    All factions, apart from the gangers, gain the most by recruiting the AA though, since they are all armed and armored, the public roles need their protection, and they can further recruit other's into the AA. Making in any way known that you are part of the AA makes you a targe and a liability at the same time.

And in Cool09's case this game, the only possible scenario where he could have lost would have been if one or both of the AA where heretics. Since he could technically kill everybody and still win, killing off the AA was 100% the right choice on his part.

Now in larger games where there could be 4+ heretics, that may not be the case as the Inquisitor could need AA protection.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine View Post

All factions, apart from the gangers, gain the most by recruiting the AA though, since they are all armed and armored, the public roles need their protection, and they can further recruit other's into the AA. Making in any way known that you are part of the AA makes you a targe and a liability at the same time.
    All of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    And in Cool09's case this game, the only possible scenario where he could have lost would have been if one or both of the AA where heretics. Since he could technically kill everybody and still win, killing off the AA was 100% the right choice on his part.

Now in larger games where there could be 4+ heretics, that may not be the case as the Inquisitor could need AA protection.
    Exactly. Also, in a larger game Larkin might leave the rules in place where the AA are forced to protect public roles every turn. So heretic or not, having 2 of them would be a great asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post

Exactly. Also, in a larger game Larkin might leave the rules in place where the AA are forced to protect public roles every turn. So heretic or not, having 2 of them would be a great asset.
    Yeah, the 1 out of 3 was a condolence to let the AA actually DO stuff rather than just protect every turn. In a larger game we're looking at 4-5 Arbites, 1 of which has to be allocated to protection each turn, 2 of which will need to be allocated once the Inquisitor reveals, but likely more after that point.

With every role that isn't a normal citizen, I tried to give it advantages and dissadvantages, to try and balance everything and make interesting situations happen. Barring my 2 mistakes, I think I did pretty well.