hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac or PC

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    This thread is rly shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    This thread is rly shit
    I'm actually guessing Cue posted this thread as a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

dicks in buttes

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I can understand techie people buying OS X based notebooks. Its the comfort of OS X + a proper native UNIX environment (with homebrew), so not bad.
    Windows cant offer anything better than cygwin, and Linux/BSD on desktop really isnt for everyone.
    This, the Unix environment makes developing so much easier.

Honestly, it's down to which OS you prefer.
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    It'll be PC then as you can't repair Macs.

Not even in software. OSX fucks up? Grats, reinstall.
    Since when?
    Which part? The hardware is pretty much unrepairable and gets less and less repairable every iteration.

The operating system is very closed compared to even the standards of Windows, as my admittedy limited understanding has it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Flightly View Post
    The age-old debate. I've used both. At the moment, I have a MacBook Pro. No complaints about it. I've also got an iPhone and am considering an iPad. Almost every music director that I know uses Apple products. From the tech's point of view, which is better?
    both vastly exceed the technical requirements to shitpost
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

The operating system is very closed compared to even the standards of Windows, as my admittedy limited understanding has it.
    Is this based on any experience at all, or just a random guess because of iphones?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

People I've known in tech support who have experience of it. I very rarely use Macs and would never buy one.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I see Zekk knows as much about Macs as he does about Adobe AIR. Good-o.

I see again people are using my ignorance to point-score, rather than driving the discussion forward.

My information is based on information given to me by someone I used to work with who previously spent a few years on a mixed site in IT support. He always claimed that the operating system wasn't easily repairable and often times the only recourse was to reinstall. I stated quite clearly my understanding was very limited.

And I actually do have a lot of experience of hardware repair on them - mostly Macbooks and iPhones, but some iMac.

Making claims based on "stuff wot my mate sed" isn't exactly driving the discussion forward either. So, please, do tell us just how something like Windows is so much more repairable than OS X.

Shrug, I trusted his knowledge. I'd no reason not to.

On Windows you're able to repair the user profiles even down to complete inability to login, most individual services are repairable, I can repair a Windows install that's been near-destroyed by a Winfixer-type virus. From experience it was very rare when I was working that we had to do a reinstall - maybe one repair in twenty. Given how modular BSD is it makes sense that you'd be able to do the same, but I also know how Apple like to keep their systems closed, which even makes sense from a usability standpoint - less things to configure means less things to break. Disregarding that my point about the hardware is correct, although it's the same with any all-in-one and most modern laptops.

I don't disagree with you on the hardware, Apple tend to push that line more than most, but OS X really isn't any better or worse than Windows when it comes to being able to repair problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Is this based on any experience at all, or just a random guess because of iphones?
    I'm not sure I understand what this even means. As for repairing the OS, I don't think I have ever needed to do anything like that.

Shrug, I trusted his knowledge. I'd no reason not to.

On Windows you're able to repair the user profiles even down to complete inability to login, most individual services are repairable, I can repair a Windows install that's been near-destroyed by a Winfixer-type virus. From experience it was very rare when I was working that we had to do a reinstall - maybe one repair in twenty. Given how modular BSD is it makes sense that you'd be able to do the same, but I also know how Apple like to keep their systems closed, which even makes sense from a usability standpoint - less things to configure means less things to break. Disregarding that my point about the hardware is correct, although it's the same with any all-in-one and most modern laptops.
    If you know how to UNIX, it's easy.
    meh

Donor
    Mac OS is as open as Windows / Unix. UAC and Mac OS' protection are about as easy to disable.
    Ports is pretty nice if you need anything that doesn't have a native Mac OS dist (not a whole lot of things).
    And I haven't ever seen something as easy as TimeMachine when it comes to restoring my laptop.
    Had old Mac Book, bought new one. Opened new macbook, pointed it to TimeMachine Backup and I had my old system up and running within the hour.

Posting from a Retina, i'm still immensely happy with it 4 months since purchase.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Posting from a Retina, i'm still immensely happy with it 4 months since purchase.
    why

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    why
    Cause he is as awesome as I am whispous

Serious Note: Retina's are working really great, not just because they are apple, they are just a great product atm and I've got many friends and collages who bought the same laptop and are enjoying it. Can't go wrong with this piece of equipment. Rest of apple I don't really care, they aren't THAT special as people sometimes say.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Yea but why is it good