hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV v2 (A Realm Reborn) - we're in Excalibur, Free Company created too~

welp, i guess phase3 will only run on friday/saturday? i wanted to play moar

also: (770 gtx)
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Movember 2012
    I just scored 3000 points higher running the benchmark at 1920x1080 than I did running it at 1280x720. Can someone explain to me how that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    I just scored 3000 points higher running the benchmark at 1920x1080 than I did running it at 1280x720. Can someone explain to me how that happens?
    errr, did you make sure to pick up the maximum profile?
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    Might be that it gives you more points at higher res for being able to run it?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    i genuinely have no idea how it adds the points up, but i would imagine that a higher resolution would yield a lower score because higher reqs

i genuinely have no idea how it adds the points up, but i would imagine that a higher resolution would yield a lower score because higher reqs
    Yeah that's how it usually goes, but i can see the logic behind giving you more for running higher res at same fps or something. You know, your pc is more powerful and all.

Yeah that's how it usually goes, but i can see the logic behind giving you more for running higher res at same fps or something. You know, your pc is more powerful and all.
    since his old score was like 6k i think 9k sounds like an awful lot :P

i have it running on an SSD, i7 2600k, 16gb of ram and a 770gtx soc and i got a 7200 score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

also, test 2 of phase 3 is next, we should be getting our 1.0 chars transfered rhis time around

Movember 2012
    also, test 2 of phase 3 is next, we should be getting our 1.0 chars transfered rhis time around

I quit the day it became p2p so it's no big deal to me but I don't know why you'd want to bring your legacy character in. Thanalan, La Noscea, and the Black Shroud have so much detail and character now I'd want to start from scratch and by the time you're done you'll be too far into the new character to turn back.

I quit the day it became p2p so it's no big deal to me but I don't know why you'd want to bring your legacy character in. Thanalan, La Noscea, and the Black Shroud have so much detail and character now I'd want to start from scratch and by the time you're done you'll be too far into the new character to turn back.
    because you can just switch classes and enjoy it just as much?

i think i had the prereqs for dragoon unlocked back then, not sure how the reqs will be now so i'll find out soon enough i guess.

i got my lancer to 20 and i re-rolled (as in, swapped) to a lolhealing mage to play with strifal in ul'dah (thats where i started in 1.0) and its a great sight to behold in comparison.

not to mention it actually runs decently this time around!

Movember 2012

because you can just switch classes and enjoy it just as much?

i had 30 lancer and 15 pug i think, i was going to start the dragoon quest back then, not sure what the reqs are nowadays tho
    Different play styles I guess. If I decide to play on release it'll be Marauder 15 -> Gladiator 15 -> Archer 15 -> Conjurer 15 -> Lancer/Dragoon until all content is exhausted.

Looks like wow.

Final Fantasy was always about the story and character development. New discoveries and new plot twists etc. Seems like it'd be bad as anything bur a single player game.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Looks like wow.

Final Fantasy was always about the story and character development. New discoveries and new plot twists etc. Seems like it'd be bad as anything bur a single player game.
    story on ff14v1 was quite decent, as far as i got into v2 i was quite entertained by it, this finally looks and feels like an MMO but retains enough details from the standalone games that it feels just right (limit break, battle music, animations, classes, skills, story development, instances)

I don't see enjoying a story and cut scenes etc with retards bouncing around all over the place.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

has ffvi's magitek armor

DO WANT

Movember 2012
    I don't see enjoying a story and cut scenes etc with retards bouncing around all over the place.
    The magic of cut scenes is that they're instanced.

In pretty much every story driven MMO ever.

FFXI handled story awesomely, debatably top 3 best story's of any FF game.

Quote Originally Posted by jbend9620 View Post
    has ffvi's magitek armor

DO WANT
    Can be controlled and ridden by players *squeee*.
    Last edited by Loire; June 17 2013 at 04:42:18 AM.

I don't suppose there is a way to gief beta invites huh :P

cutscenes are instantced, think of it as how LOTRO handled the storyline quests

I find myself looking forward to the servers going up again on Friday(I hope). I don't think I can remember the last time I was looking forward to be playing a fantasy MMO, which is odd, since it's not all that different from the rest of the minor-alteration-clones out there. I do like the class swapping system of the game though - for the more experienced of you, was there any way to automatically make the game swap to a gearset as you swap mainhand and class?

You could set it up with macros in v1...

But it was a huge pain. Hopefully automated now... Haven't checked really, as I haven't been leveling to much since I'll just be picking up my old char later.