hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quickdraw] Who shot first?

[Quickdraw] Who shot first?

So, now we know how it looks like, and: http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs...ickdraw/qkd-4g

QD-4G 4H 4K will be available

How the hell are they going to differentiate the G and H i have no idea.

Looks kind of mean either way.

Who shot ya? Seperate the weak from the obsolete, its hard to creep them brooklyn streets..... errr wait waht was i Doing?

Oh yeah Quickdraw. Agree with ya Isyel, mech looks very sexy; the variants not so much. My guess is they have different engine ranges, different max amounts of JJ's or different tweaks. Can't really see what else they could do, as they have identical stats and visual apperance.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Who shot ya? Seperate the weak from the obsolete, its hard to creep them brooklyn streets..... errr wait waht was i Doing?

Oh yeah Quickdraw. Agree with ya Isyel, mech looks very sexy; the variants not so much. My guess is they have different engine ranges, different max amounts of JJ's or different tweaks. Can't really see what else they could do, as they have identical stats and visual apperance.
    My guess is one will have more energy hardpoints somewhere, one more missiles in the LT. They all mount massive engines as it is.

QD-4G 4H 4K will be available

How the hell are they going to differentiate the G and H i have no idea.

Looks kind of mean either way.[/QUOTE]

4G (or H): 4E, 3M
    4H (or G): 5E, 2M
    5K: 6E, 1M

ECM variant would have been cooler.

Here's a pic of the -5K. Purrty.

Edit: prediction for Hero: 2E, 5M
    RA: 1E
    RT: 2M
    CT: 1M
    LT: 2M
    LA: 1E

2xML, 2xLRM10, 1xSRM4.

But really, everbody will fit it like this: 2xML, 4xSRM6, 1xSRM4. SRM28 is a go. Sorta like this (obviously, SRM4 is missing)
    Last edited by Kai; June 16 2013 at 10:46:27 AM.

seems a bit light on armor. And I think that will not really help those trying to cram a xl engine in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    seems a bit light on armor. And I think that will not really help those trying to cram a xl engine in there.
    It's exactly the same on armour as the dragon, it can survive a few hits. :P

Only if you max it. I meant the stock fits.

Nobody uses those though, always max or almost max armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Nobody uses those though, always max or almost max armour.
    The CTP fit I posted is using the armour I use on my non-Fero DGN fits. DGN benefits from OMGHugeCT and OMGTinySTs for it's XL survivability. QDKs will probably balance XL survivability with high mobility and work. But if they have massive STs (see Cal's pick in the MWO General thread for one opinion), then STD300s will work (particularly on the laser one). STD300 = 81KPh w/out speed tweak.
    Like this. 6t spare is 4xJJ, 1xSRM4. You can probably monkey on ferror for ultimate min-maxing (yeah - Ferro lets you Max Leg Armour, 5xJJ, ASRM4/SRM6 by dropping the AMS - IMHO not worth it).
    Last edited by Kai; June 17 2013 at 08:40:47 AM.

Kai your fps problems still not fixed? :P

Nah, I've decided to go old school FHC. I now only play MWO on the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7zVabGiAXU vid of the quickdraw

doesn't seem to be as big as the dragon at least, we'll see

one is 4e2m 7JJ, one is 4e3m 5jj and the final one is the 6e1m one

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7zVabGiAXU vid of the quickdraw

doesn't seem to be as big as the dragon at least, we'll see

one is 4e2m 7JJ, one is 4e3m 5jj and the final one is the 6e1m one
    It's slightly shorter than the Jager. Looks small for a Heavy, maybe the same size as the HBK.

The 6E 1M variant is going to be fun I think. Hitting 90kph with 6 Meds and an SRM is going to be painful for enemies, especially if I'm right about the size.

Curious how the side torsos will turn out. Whether it will be viable with an xl and or endo steel. Maybe even ferrofibrous armor. Not alot of critslots used on weapons atleast.

Curious how the side torsos will turn out. Whether it will be viable with an xl and or endo steel. Maybe even ferrofibrous armor. Not alot of critslots used on weapons atleast.
    Usually you can only get away with XL+endo+FF not just because of low slot weapons but because of missing actuators, even a spider starts to run low on slots with all 3 because it has 4 more slots used for actuators than a jenner.

Assuming 6 ML + SRM 4, thats 8 slots + 14 for FF + 14 for endo + 12 for the XL = 48 slots

With full actuators i make a mech to have 55 slots spare in MWO stripped as far as it lets you (gyro+cockpit can't be removed).

So if 6 ML + SRM4 you'd have 7 slots free for additional external heatsinks (12+), jumpjets, ammo etc. You'd end up running hot and very light on ammo/JJ's, looks like you'll have to strip that FF of and replace with endo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Yeah all of them seems a bit iffy, esp as it'll cut into your available space for DHS and ammo. And with 4+mlas as your main damage output you're going to need those sinks.

You can fit the dragon with an xl+ballistics+4ml with FF and Endo. We'll see how this one works out.

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    You can fit the dragon with an xl+ballistics+4ml with FF and Endo. We'll see how this one works out.
    No JJs on a Dragon though, and usually you can only get 1 ton of ammo for each. The problem I'm seeing with the QD- is that it will lack punching weapons since the SRMs are in a nerfed state atm. PPCs maybe able to do it, but you'll probably be running really hot with just 2 of them fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post
    No JJs on a Dragon though, and usually you can only get 1 ton of ammo for each. The problem I'm seeing with the QD- is that it will lack punching weapons since the SRMs are in a nerfed state atm. PPCs maybe able to do it, but you'll probably be running really hot with just 2 of them fit.
    Thats a good point, Current dragons get their punch from Gaus / AC20's or multiple AC2's, are PPC's (or 6 med's) good enough to balance, energy boats make up for alpha / heat by volume (many meds / larges or PPC's) and time no ammo work for damage over time by tanking, sniping or jenner.