hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division—all of my meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    I totally agree that rifle glass should be rare as shit in any scenario that's claiming to be post-apocalypse. "When the balloon goes up, we'll all be using ironsights within two weeks." Just throw in some binoculars instead, that way teamwork enables longer-distance stuff, not faggotry.
    Not that I disagree per se with the desire here (Snipers = Bad in FPSMMO)....

....but what exactly is your basis for "rifle glass", by which I can only assume you mean a scope, would be rare? Even in a post-Apoc. situation?

I don't know about you, but I can walk five minutes from my home, and hit 5 stores with large stocks of scopes, with magnification is every level you could ask for. And thats just the gun stores/WalMarts.

If you toss in "homemade" stuff from other optics sources one could potentially jury rig into a scope, there would be no shortage of any kind for ranged optics.

So just curious, apart from obvious gameplay reasons, what the basis is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Maybe I'm too cynical, but it just seems like a way for them to get you PC folk to generate viral marketing for free - for a game that will come over to PC anyway.
    So?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    ....but what exactly is your basis for "rifle glass", by which I can only assume you mean a scope, would be rare? Even in a post-Apoc. situation?

Well, it's not my idea, the saying I quoted is from Jeff Cooper, who wikipedia calls "one of the 20th century's foremost international experts on the use and history of small arms." The justification is that it's glass and breaks. Having never lived in a post apocalyptic world, I won't speculate on the frequency of events that might break a scope.

As for stores stocked with scopes, those will be looted on Day 0, then they'll all be in some fat nerd's basement in a cardboard box, hoping to trade them for stuff later. Then he dies of giardia+dehydration and nobody ever finds them.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

im p sure the fat nerd dies of dysentry. I wish this wasnt a console pos will not play otherwise

Donor

Well, it's not my idea, the saying I quoted is from Jeff Cooper, who wikipedia calls "one of the 20th century's foremost international experts on the use and history of small arms." The justification is that it's glass and breaks. Having never lived in a post apocalyptic world, I won't speculate on the frequency of events that might break a scope.

As for stores stocked with scopes, those will be looted on Day 0, then they'll all be in some fat nerd's basement in a cardboard box, hoping to trade them for stuff later. Then he dies of giardia+dehydration and nobody ever finds them.
    If he was a historian he would realize that scopes are a 17th century invention (thanks google) and that the use and development of scopes for rifles and guns came with range and accuracy (thanks faulty memory) which is apparently around 1835 (thanks wiki)

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

If he was a historian he would realize that scopes are a 17th century invention (thanks google) and that the use and development of scopes for rifles and guns came with range and accuracy (thanks faulty memory) which is apparently around 1835 (thanks wiki)
    And?

I don't expect scopes to be all that rare, they aren't incredibly fragile. That said, I expect the knowledge and ability to aim/sight one to be rare.

The mouse/controller somewhat negates the intricacies of shooting a real gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    I expect the knowledge and ability to aim/sight one to be rare.
    1. remove kebab wind
    2. shoot at a static target 500m out
    3. ???
    4. profit

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    1. remove kebab wind
    3. ???
    4. profit
    3 is get eaten by zombies

Also vast majority of the population doesn't know the first thing about guns or basic survival.

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    1. remove kebab wind
    3. ???
    4. profit

Also vast majority of the population doesn't know the first thing about guns or basic survival.
    Did you know that if you shoot any animal in the head IRL it immediately breaks down into marinaded cold cuts?

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

1. remove kebab wind
    3. ???
    4. profit

>usa
    >not full of gun nuts

mate pls

So people are ok with automatic console release but if you want PC release it's go do our marketing for us and throw in a little begging otherwise fuck you. Just no, no matter how good a game it may seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Maybe I'm too cynical, but it just seems like a way for them to get you PC folk to generate viral marketing for free - for a game that will come over to PC anyway.
    So?
    I thought it was obvious but: "Hey PC owners, we're going to release to PC anyway - but here's some lies so that you generate the most effective and cheapest marketing in existence."

So?
    I thought it was obvious but: "Hey PC owners, we're going to release to PC anyway - but here's some lies so that you generate the most effective and cheapest marketing in existence."
    Actually given that this is an MMO, it's likely "Please demonstrate there's enough interest in this to justify our setting up an entire server cluster, administration staff, and separate test/fix/patch cycle for PC."

Doubling your ongoing cost to run backend services for an MMO is a nontrivial undertaking. Ubisoft likely wants to make very sure that it will actually pay off.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

pc games are shit anyway

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    So people are ok with automatic console release but if you want PC release it's go do our marketing for us and throw in a little begging otherwise fuck you. Just no, no matter how good a game it may seem to be.
    So?
    hey remember when everyone said that about Red Dead Redemption
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

1. remove kebab wind
    3. ???
    4. profit

Aye true.

But at least here in the States there is no real shortage of folks who do. City peopel will be fubar, or limited to scope-less handguns or shotguns, aye.

But anyone remotely outside the cities (like just outside) or outside teh real metroplex cities (NY/Bos/Chi/LA) will have no real trouble.

As time goes on, though, the knowledge is less and less shared in the U.S.. Of course, there are also no shortage of books in every bookstroe able to teach one how to sight in a scope or clean a rifle or handload ammo, etc.

in 3.....2....1...

\o/