hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division—all of my meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    I did like shooting out the cop car tire to worsen the NPC's cover
    I noticed that too, but with how badly that guy was aiming I don't know how helpful that actually was.

(also, shooting out the tires seems like it'd help the cover, because that makes it harder to shoot underneath the car and the guy behind it can always squat a little lower)
    Only if the game has stance adjust. You're right in real life, wrong in twisted game logic.

PC Jealous Race checking in.

Withholding judgement until we get an actual gameplay video (read: contains average day-to-day gameplay instead of developer-guided highlights) per standard procedure, but I did like shooting out the cop car tire to worsen the NPC's cover at 3:35. Also noticed the player in the flying drone thing was marked as "Chris [Tablet]"; hints of the growing "multiple ways to play" trend?
    It's been confirmed that was someone playing on a tablet, they basically get to be a magic drone. IGN so take with a grain of salt. That said, this quote should resonate will all of us bittervets: "The Massive Entertainment folks weren’t quite ready to speak on those specific details, but they assured me that The Division’s focus on providing on open world shooter in the guise of an RPG means that players can create any type of person they can imagine. Since I can imagine being a complete and utter prick, I guess that means I can become one in The Division?"

My guess is that without very strong squad-based/faction-based reasons to stick together it'll go the route of DayZ and simply wind up as a free-for-all between small squads of friends. Which is a pity, because carving out an Eve-style empire of survivors could be quite neat.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Not pre-ordering PS4, not pre-ordering PS4, not pre...

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Looks like shit.

Spoiler:
    I own every Tom Clancy branded game ever made. Will own this, and will probably enjoy it.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Also noticed the player in the flying drone thing was marked as "Chris [Tablet]"; hints of the growing "multiple ways to play" trend?
    From what I've read, it's indeed a Tablet-controlled drone. Tablet players (currently) act kinda "human pets". As seen in the vid, they provide support skills for the group they're running with (target painter in the vid). At higher levels, they gain offensive (=attack) skills.

Anyone wondering about how slick the cover based gameplay can be in this. You can buy Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier from uPlay for about Ł8 at the moment and although it's utterly dwarfed by the might of the CoD and BF series, it's a thoroughly well done cover based shooter. The only regret I have with it is the P2P hosting can ruin too many matches.

It's absolutely the best implementation of cover-based tactics I have seen.

There is also a free to play version which isn't quite as sleek, but hey... free. http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-rec...ome/index.aspx
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisof...-initial-goal/

However, during Machinima’s interview the developers of The Division said that a PC version will be made if there is a demand for it. The devs said that PC gamers should go ahead and ‘sign petitions, get on the forums and post their requests‘.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post

However, during Machinima’s interview the developers of The Division said that a PC version will be made if there is a demand for it. The devs said that PC gamers should go ahead and ‘sign petitions, get on the forums and post their requests‘.
    Lets get this shit started

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post

Lets get this shit started
    The should try a kickstarter..

Would very much enjoy a game that looks and plays like this if:

1. Sandbox/Open World/Multiplayer.

2. Option to Solo/Lonewolf (at obvious disadvantage, o' course).

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

3. No fucking sniper rifles.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.

His Excellency, Moderator 4 Life, Field Marshal Drakma, VC[C], DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the Internet in General and Failheap Challenge in Particular, and in addition the uncrowned King of Rule 2 Donor

Maybe I'm too cynical, but it just seems like a way for them to get you PC folk to generate viral marketing for free - for a game that will come over to PC anyway.

His Excellency, Moderator 4 Life, Field Marshal Drakma, VC[C], DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the Internet in General and Failheap Challenge in Particular, and in addition the uncrowned King of Rule 2 Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Maybe I'm too cynical, but it just seems like a way for them to get you PC folk to generate viral marketing for free - for a game that will come over to PC anyway.
    THEN THE PETITION IS WORTH IT!

OMG WE DID SOMETHING!

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

3. No fucking sniper rifles.

-O
    If they had properly modeled ballistics I don't think sniper rifles would be that big of a problem. That said I don't think this type of game would have them be so utterly terrible, like say, DayZ.

Who knows, looks neat though the script was hokey.

looks indeeeeeed very hot

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    If they had properly modeled ballistics I don't think sniper rifles would be that big of a problem. That said I don't think this type of game would have them be so utterly terrible, like say, DayZ.

DayZ's proliferation of sniper rifles is why I'm against them in open world survival games. They tilt the balance way too far in favor of the sniper. And DayZ has properly modeled ballistics.

Anything above a 2x magnification is really pushing it. If the gun itself can make an 1100m shot, by all means, let it. But good glass should be rarer than hen's teeth, if not flat out nonexistent.

-O

Even medium range shooting will "imbalance" The Division in the eyes of Ubisoft. Remember, this is an MMO, where engagement ranges are a key factor of class/ability/encounter balance, and typically nothing happens outside 40 m. It's also a console game, where maps generally don't have sight lines past 100-150 m. Getting killed from even 300 m away (easily ironsight distance IRL) by a player you never saw would be well in the realm of "not fun" according to standard console bros. Also, it seems like people will generally soak up 20 bullets before it becomes an issue, based on the damage numbers we saw in the trailer.

I totally agree that rifle glass should be rare as shit in any scenario that's claiming to be post-apocalypse. "When the balloon goes up, we'll all be using ironsights within two weeks." Just throw in some binoculars instead, that way teamwork enables longer-distance stuff, not faggotry.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    300 m away (easily ironsight distance IRL)
    Really? That's a bit optimistic, though I agree with the general message (Look at Day-Z, for instance) optics need to be balanced.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post

DayZ's proliferation of sniper rifles is why I'm against them in open world survival games. They tilt the balance way too far in favor of the sniper. And DayZ has properly modeled ballistics.

Anything above a 2x magnification is really pushing it. If the gun itself can make an 1100m shot, by all means, let it. But good glass should be rarer than hen's teeth, if not flat out nonexistent.

-O
    but hens teeth are flat out nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it