Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    He’s still a digital ambulance chaser
    He's not, you're just pissy Europe is dismantling Silicon Valley's magic money tree of metadata and advertising.
    He’s the very definition of an attention seeking ambulance chaser. “Forced consent” is bullshit. WRRRRRGRBLE GDPR. “Oh no, I had to click on too many boxes”. Better sue someone. Maybe you should concentrate on actually being able to defend yourselves from foreign threats.
    Have you ever actually read GDPR, or a summary of it? A strong definition of consent in favour of the data subject and the empowerment of individuals to enforce their rights is exactly what the law is designed to achieve. It's hardly ambulance chasing.
    Of course I have. I may or may not be a DPO. It a decent regulation. I’ve stated so in this thread. The issue I have is the nature of “wait until the second the law is in effect and then just blanket sue everyone”.
    They've had fucking years to comply with GDPR, the law came into effect and now they're being tested to see if they actually comply

boo fucking hoo
    “Years”

Stick to fucking your pillow xeno.
    2 years. I had a work info meeting on this subject last night and apparantly they had the last two years to comply.

Source: the lawyer who gave the lecture.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    So the operator of the Internet exchange in Frankfurt is suing the BND, the German foreign intelligence service. They get a full copy of all data passing through Frankfurt, which includes all traffic going west from Russia, Africa, the Middle East and even China. The BND is forbidden from spying on Germans in Germany (that is what the Verfassungsschutz is for). De-Cix argues that this is violated as communication by German may run through servers abroad. The BND argues that their multi-level filters are capable of removing 99% of all communication by Germans and the rest is removed by hand.

http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/inte...klage-101.html

TIL: Frankfurt is the biggest exchange in terms of peak data throughput.
    The verdict is in and unsurprisingly the BND can keep working as they have been.

http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/de-c...klage-101.html

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    He's not, you're just pissy Europe is dismantling Silicon Valley's magic money tree of metadata and advertising.
    He’s the very definition of an attention seeking ambulance chaser. “Forced consent” is bullshit. WRRRRRGRBLE GDPR. “Oh no, I had to click on too many boxes”. Better sue someone. Maybe you should concentrate on actually being able to defend yourselves from foreign threats.
    Have you ever actually read GDPR, or a summary of it? A strong definition of consent in favour of the data subject and the empowerment of individuals to enforce their rights is exactly what the law is designed to achieve. It's hardly ambulance chasing.
    Of course I have. I may or may not be a DPO. It a decent regulation. I’ve stated so in this thread. The issue I have is the nature of “wait until the second the law is in effect and then just blanket sue everyone”.
    They've had fucking years to comply with GDPR, the law came into effect and now they're being tested to see if they actually comply

boo fucking hoo
    “Years”

2 years. I had a work info meeting on this subject last night and apparantly they had the last two years to comply.

Actually, I reviewed my first email on the subject and it's in May 2016, so OK.

My point about xenos pillow stands though.
    meh

boo fucking hoo
    “Years”

Concur with your second point. All in favour?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

boo fucking hoo
    “Years”

Sorry you were wrong, thanks for the pointless insult

No single individual should be able to create billions in potentially frivolous charges because they can create a non profit.
    Sure they can, because it's not for you to determine what is frivolous. That's a job for the court.

Protip: this isn't frivolous and he's got a better-than-evens chance of winning. Just like last time.
    I mean, I’m sure facebook are doing something shitty, and yes it is the courts role to decide it the case has merit. He’s still a digital ambulance chaser and I hope someone mails him CDs again.
    What's your problem with those fines? It's not that layers get a share of the fine, as it's the case in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    No single individual should be able to create billions in potentially frivolous charges because they can create a non profit.
    Sure they can, because it's not for you to determine what is frivolous. That's a job for the court.

Protip: this isn't frivolous and he's got a better-than-evens chance of winning. Just like last time.
    I mean, I’m sure facebook are doing something shitty, and yes it is the courts role to decide it the case has merit. He’s still a digital ambulance chaser and I hope someone mails him CDs again.
    What's your problem with those fines? It's not that layers get a share of the fine, as it's the case in the U.S.
    I don’t have a problem by the fines. I have a problem with activists basically blanket sueing without literally any possibilities anyone actually could have been harmed (I think the french complaint was filed literally minutes after the law when into effect). That to me is literally the worst possible excess and the reason 100 dead lawyers is a good start...

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Won't somebody please think of poor Google

I don’t have a problem by the fines. I have a problem with activists basically blanket sueing without literally any possibilities anyone actually could have been harmed (I think the french complaint was filed literally minutes after the law when into effect). That to me is literally the worst possible excess and the reason 100 dead lawyers is a good start...
    Are you being serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Speculative lawyering is fine for you?

without literally any possibilities anyone actually could have been harmed
    This just in: internet companies literally could not abuse your personal data until the stroke of midnight may 28th 2018!

Stop being daft

This just in: internet companies literally could not abuse your personal data until the stroke of midnight may 28th 2018!

Stop being daft
    well they didn't send the drones to your house to pull out your eyeballs while you slept so was it really "harm"

Stop being daft
    well they didn't send the drones to your house to pull out your eyeballs while you slept so was it really "harm"
    why do you hate ~~innovation~~ so much

Stop being daft
    Does the regulation allow for retroactive punishments? Is there some principle of guilty until proven innocent at play here? Like I said, I have no problems with fines, assuming there is harm. The problem is assuming there is harm without proof there is harm...

Does the regulation allow for retroactive punishments?
    Why do you ask? Or do you think abuse of your personal data is ok as long as it's not technically illegal or if it is if it's only for just a few minutes?

Abuse is abuse.

Is there some principle of guilty until proven innocent at play here? ... The problem is assuming there is harm without proof there is harm...
    That's why it's in a court, dear.

You know this law is actually 23 years old right? The main difference between the DPD and GDPR is that GDPR can actually be enforced. They were breaking european law before, they just didn't give a shit because the maximum fine was all of €50k.

Google, facebook et al haven't implemented enough changes which make them GDPR compliant. This is immediately obvious to just about everyone. Therefore they were breaching the regulations as soon as it came into force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Google, facebook et al haven't implemented enough changes which make them GDPR compliant. This is immediately obvious to just about everyone. Therefore they were breaching the regulations as soon as it came into force.
    But Keckers, how dare a law be enforced from the date it is actually in force? The sheer audacity of it. These exceptional american organisations should clearly have been given some sort of grace period. Say, four years of consultation on the draft law followed by a two year implementation window. That would surely be fair.

And of this, there is no proof. There is even some stuff in the french complaint that make the complaint itself look like a lot of bullshit ("Fake message icons"), so idk, not as cut and dried as you make out.
    meh

And of this, there is no proof. There is even some stuff in the french complaint that make the complaint itself look like a lot of bullshit ("Fake message icons"), so idk, not as cut and dried as you make out.
    If there isn't any proof then it'll be thrown out of court.

What on earth is your argument here, this is precisely what the courts are for