hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Inquisitor]Heap Challenge: The Rules Post

Fair enough.

Those clarifications must have been included in the previous thread, because in my mind it was already clear.
    Edit: As in, Im ruined/spoiled and cant give good feedback

Lana, you obviously must sex Chris in order to understand this game. The release of stimulants in the brain will enhance your cognitive abilities!
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

I say we get this thing going. The incognito game is done at this point with a neutral team victory

Signuuuuuuup.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    I say we get this thing going. The incognito game is done at this point with a neutral team victory
    Pretty sure the idea was to NOT start this just before a weekend.

Also how can you have so few posts bent?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I'm more curious what percentage of them are in Mafia threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Cue is taking this game anyway.

Suits me perfect, as I have an exam on the 19th, and would hate to miss this version / have reduced play-time. No offense to Cue, but I have been giggling about Larkins version since he first suggested it
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Cuuuuuuuuue
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

I'm not certain why this didn't occur to me earlier, but (in hindsight especially) it seems pretty obvious there's no particular reason for the Inquisitor not to just start shooting people. Consequently it's rather important to start the game by finding somewhere to hide.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

But power roles other than the inquisitor cant do anything if they hide... (right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    But power roles other than the inquisitor cant do anything if they hide... (right?)
    Well, yes (I don't think the Inquisitor can do anything if he hides either). Thinking further about it, I suspect I mis-interpreted the rules to assume that once you've got a hiding spot you're safe there until it gets searched out: I guess in reality you're only safe while you take the "hide" action.

...though if that's true, you'd think the first thing you'd have to do is take a "search" action to find somewhere to hide, which means that the Inquisitor will always get a free kill on the first round (unless we assume everyone has somewhere to hide at the beginning of the game).

Hm... if a group acts together, could they collectively hide and follow someone at the same time?
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Well, yes (I don't think the Inquisitor can do anything if he hides either). Thinking further about it, I suspect I mis-interpreted the rules to assume that once you've got a hiding spot you're safe there until it gets searched out: I guess in reality you're only safe while you take the "hide" action.

...though if that's true, you'd think the first thing you'd have to do is take a "search" action to find somewhere to hide, which means that the Inquisitor will always get a free kill on the first round (unless we assume everyone has somewhere to hide at the beginning of the game).

Hm... if a group acts together, could they collectively hide and follow someone at the same time?
    No, you're only safe while hiding. But if a group is working together they can find out more information collectively, while keeping more people safe collectively.

Turn 1 was rather amusing from my perspective, but I'll have to wait until the end of the game to explain why.

Reading thread. Still no idea how to play this. Why did no one die?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Presumably none of the power roles/groups opted to kill anybody. Cult likely decided they didn't have the firepower to kill the priest, Inquisitor could be looking for an acolyte and/or investigating somebody, the AA is probably looking for the gang while protecting the priest, and god only knows wtf everybody else is doin.

Larkin's write up is going to be hilarious I am sure.

There are a few options. The simplest one is that nobody decided to kill anyone; instead they could have been hiding, following another player, searching for a hiding spot, investigating someone for heresy, etc etc. If the Inquisitor is working solo, he could have gone after someone who decided to hide, or run into someone wearing armor (I think that would fail, right?).
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

There are a few options. The simplest one is that nobody decided to kill anyone; instead they could have been hiding, following another player, searching for a hiding spot, investigating someone for heresy, etc etc. If the Inquisitor is working solo, he could have gone after someone who decided to hide, or run into someone wearing armor (I think that would fail, right?).
    The Inquisitor's Kill power ignores status, so he can kill anybody without regard to strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    The Inquisitor's Kill power ignores status, so he can kill anybody without regard to strength.
    Not True. If the Inquisitor were somehow unarmed and unarmored, his Kill power would fail against a Target (1str vs 1str). It's still an Attack, but it just doesn't matter what the Target's Status is. If the Target is being protected by other people, their full strength still counts, just not the individual Target.

Updated the OP with some rules clarifications that have come up during play.

Also decided that the Interrogator Role is optional, so reworded the Inquisition Section.

So what is the difference between the Inquisitors "kill" and everyones "attack" if he has to do the strength calculations anyway?