hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafiaheap Challange Round 11 Sign-up Thread: Who the fuck are you? edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho Void View Post
    Word cannot express how fucking retarded each and every one of you are.
    that's the point really (at least from my end)

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post
    I'm willing to give it a try, since it opens up some possibilities for roles that could be interesting. (aka directly assuming another identity and knowing what they know that sort of thing)

That being said, I think it misses the point in some areas. I was also waiting till the other game was over before proposing mine, but that's not a big loss.
    and i'd be perfectly happy with suggestions, i want to see how this would develop, there's no reason to not accept changes here and there at the end of the day, it's not like i'm forcing either of you to play or to only play this way you know? (last part isn't only targeted at you Larkin), variation brings enjoyment here and there and while the whole "playing people you know" part makes sense but it also misses out a certain degree of obscurity that you could bring from playing with the same people, except you don't know who is who. i felt this would make it a bit more challenging but of course i could be wrong.
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore
    i'm not sure either, while i find winding up lana amusing i am genuinely interested in how this round would develop from an observer's perspective, that is the main reason i'd like to run it. if many of you oppose it then i can just drop it and you guys can continue your cycle.

i am interested in Cue/Varc's claim however~

I was the one who called this game, but my comedy roles relied on using this forum, and comical grudge abuse.

Prior knowledge of at least some of the other players is essential for the way the game works, in my humble opinion, but meh.

Someone drop me a PM when this game is over, and I'll run mine over here at that point. (This is, in case you missed it, not a signup).

EDIT: Could you mebbe make the mayor rule definitive instead of worded to be abused while you change things. Yes, I know, it DOES make you dumb to fake it, but there are circumstances where a false mayor claim is a good strategy, and the rule doesnt clarify that beyond the being dumb, posting a faked screenshot of a PM is actually not allowed, in fact it implies the opposite, still.
    Last edited by Nobody_Holme; June 5 2013 at 03:06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    based on what?
    Your immaturity in dealing with Lana(Lana is no better).

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    based on what?
    Your immaturity in dealing with Lana(Lana is no better).
    well you should know me, i will respond like a retard if you shout at me like a retard, but fair enough its your choice mate~

signing up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Boomtown View Post
    signing up
    added you, somehow i missed LarkinAlpha too, sorry.

I see this as no different from the people who refused to be involved in a roles-heavy game. Trox proposed a variation on the game that is different - and whether you love it or hate it, you can't deny that it's interesting if nothing else - and it seems to be polarizing folks to such a degree that some aren't even willing to give it a try.

My preferred roles-heavy style was met with similar resistance, and every single one of you fuckers came around once got into it. I'm not saying the same will be true with Trox's anonymous usernames, but it's a different way of playing the game that at the least deserves a test run. We might find it changes the game for the worse and that we hate it, but I think it deserves a try first.

i find winding up lana amusing
    No shit.. Also I was actually pissed off until you posted those pics. I still think the anonymous thing takes away from the game rather than helps, but you can run whatever game you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho Void View Post
    Word cannot express how fucking retarded each and every one of you are.
    that's the point really (at least from my end)

Quote Originally Posted by LarkinAlpha View Post
    I'm willing to give it a try, since it opens up some possibilities for roles that could be interesting. (aka directly assuming another identity and knowing what they know that sort of thing)

That being said, I think it misses the point in some areas. I was also waiting till the other game was over before proposing mine, but that's not a big loss.
    and i'd be perfectly happy with suggestions, i want to see how this would develop, there's no reason to not accept changes here and there at the end of the day, it's not like i'm forcing either of you to play or to only play this way you know? (last part isn't only targeted at you Larkin), variation brings enjoyment here and there and while the whole "playing people you know" part makes sense but it also misses out a certain degree of obscurity that you could bring from playing with the same people, except you don't know who is who. i felt this would make it a bit more challenging but of course i could be wrong.
    Same reasons as Cue pretty much. Also turn 1 tends to be fairly boring without prior and self policing behavior (see last game) as it's either all Abstains or just random accusations. In IRL games you can at least claim to have "heard someone over there move during the night" and it leads to interesting discussion.

But Like I said, I'm interested to see how it plays out and willing to give it a test run.

I see this as no different from the people who refused to be involved in a roles-heavy game. Trox proposed a variation on the game that is different - and whether you love it or hate it, you can't deny that it's interesting if nothing else - and it seems to be polarizing folks to such a degree that some aren't even willing to give it a try.

My preferred roles-heavy style was met with similar resistance, and every single one of you fuckers came around once got into it. I'm not saying the same will be true with Trox's anonymous usernames, but it's a different way of playing the game that at the least deserves a test run. We might find it changes the game for the worse and that we hate it, but I think it deserves a try first.
    I was surprised how fun it was actually. I didn't give the first game a good enough run (aka I wasn't really paying attention until I almost got involved) but the second game was hilariously fun even after I was dead.

I think the roles heavy version works better at the slower pace, and the roles light works at the normal 5-10 turn pace of the regular game. Just different beasts and I think we've explored both to a decent extent now.

x

TBH I was looking forward to larkin's wh40k thing.

I'm fine with trying something new, but wasn't there some sort of order to who hosts the next game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    TBH I was looking forward to larkin's wh40k thing.

I'm fine with trying something new, but wasn't there some sort of order to who hosts the next game?
    First come first serve really. I just ran one and I was pretty sure Cue wanted a turn, so I waiting on him before I posted. We've got a sign up thread for it now.

Okay, thats a valid point. Count me in.

Also, do people even read threads they post in?

Let's do this like buddhists.

edit: I'm also not terribly happy about the anonymous roles, but hey ho, let's see how it goes.

'trox, in your rules the SK wins if they're the "last survivor of the village" but the arsonist wins "like the serial killer, [...] if no one else survives". Which is it?
    Last edited by Navigator Six; June 5 2013 at 07:56:13 AM.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    in

will have to change my post style
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post

edit: I'm also not terribly happy about the anonymous roles, but hey ho, let's see how it goes.

'trox, in your rules the SK wins if they're the "last survivor of the village" but the arsonist wins "like the serial killer, [...] if no one else survives". Which is it?
    I can field this one since I wrote that bit.

I read those two sentences as being the same. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator Six View Post

I can field this one since I wrote that bit.

I read those two sentences as being the same. What's the problem?
    I guess it makes sense; it's just somewhat confusingly-worded. The first sentence of the rules says "the village wins if all the mafia members are dead", suggesting that "the village" is the same thing as "the team with Village roles in it". The Villager is described as "the basic Village role", which suggests the same thing. The SK isn't actually a member of Team Village though, so I guess they can't be the "last survivor" of that.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM