hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafiaheap Challange Round 11 Sign-up Thread: Who the fuck are you? edition

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Explain again how this separate forum will make it a better game?

A strong player here will be a strong player on another forum. Look at this last round: sure, we lyched cheese right away, but booms and DF (two popularly lynched players) are in the final 10.

Oh also: you should NOT be able to post once you die. Even if it is a one time "deathpost." That's a bad rule. I'll explain why: if you can simply dump all information that you know in a death post, then there is no reason for you to reveal info to anyone else. There's no danger of it being lost with your death. Eg. this game, Bent was forced to go out on a limb and trust a few people with his information, as he could not allow it to die with him. The village bloc was formed by taking risks, then verifying stuff after. If you can just make a deathpost then that risk is removed, which makes for a more boring game.
    Entrox is just being a babbie. This might only change day 1 possibly and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Didn't lana have claim to next round?

the thing from the buzz buzz
    He'll no I said I don't have time to play again.

Tapaderpin v4
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

A strong player here will be a strong player on another forum. Look at this last round: sure, we lyched cheese right away, but booms and DF (two popularly lynched players) are in the final 10.

Oh also: you should NOT be able to post once you die. Even if it is a one time "deathpost." That's a bad rule. I'll explain why: if you can simply dump all information that you know in a death post, then there is no reason for you to reveal info to anyone else. There's no danger of it being lost with your death. Eg. this game, Bent was forced to go out on a limb and trust a few people with his information, as he could not allow it to die with him. The village bloc was formed by taking risks, then verifying stuff after. If you can just make a deathpost then that risk is removed, which makes for a more boring game.
    Entrox is just being a babbie. This might only change day 1 possibly and thats it.
    how am i being a babbie
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    Sign me the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post

how am i being a babbie
    Because now you can go shit up the mafia threads with no repercussions?

It was sort of self-moderating previously. If you did something colossally dumb, and it was still dumb in post-game analysis, you stood a good chance of being lynched over it next game.

Doing it this way sort of takes the human element out and brings it closer to pure game theory, which just comes down to probability once the complex ruleset is sufficiently analyzed.

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post

how am i being a babbie

It was sort of self-moderating previously. If you did something colossally dumb, and it was still dumb in post-game analysis, you stood a good chance of being lynched over it next game.

Doing it this way sort of takes the human element out and brings it closer to pure game theory, which just comes down to probability once the complex ruleset is sufficiently analyzed.
    while i understand that part of the argument, it has no co-relation to different roles on different games, it just carries something completely pointless from another instance into a different one.

also, updated player list.

(also dp reply on IRC you baddie~)

Quote Originally Posted by F*** My Aunt Rita View Post
    Sign me the fuck up.

reminds me of this:

While this is true, anonymity also protects players from being grudge-lynched because of an honest mistake or a misplay resulting from a poor understanding of the rules. I shouldn't have to tell an EVE player that punishing new players for being new is a good way to ensure you don't have very many new players.

I would rather have a system that did not discourage new players from playing than one that discouraged retards from being retarded. Besides, even if usernames are assigned randomly, you'll always be able to spot the retards because they'll be the ones saying retarded shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

While this is true, anonymity also protects players from being grudge-lynched because of an honest mistake or a misplay resulting from a poor understanding of the rules. I shouldn't have to tell an EVE player that punishing new players for being new is a good way to ensure you don't have very many new players.

I would rather have a system that did not discourage new players from playing than one that discouraged retards from being retarded. Besides, even if usernames are assigned randomly, you'll always be able to spot the retards because they'll be the ones saying retarded shit.
    and that is why i like it, it means that observation will be key in spotting who is who and what they are up to, not to mention that you can pretend to be someone else by mimicking their posting style for added confusion.

i added some tweaks to Steph's ~role description~ pastie, updated the link in the OP

I didn't even really read the rules until now. This is the worst fucking idea ever and even if I could play the next game I wouldn't. Lets take the current game. Darkflare is not posting. Drakflare usually posts like a motherfucker. This is a tell. What its a tell for I don't know because he seems to be on the inner, but its a tell that he has a role to me, and one he doesn't want to get killed for. This is how we play the game, by knowing the people you play with. If I wanted to play a mafia game where I didnt know the people I played with I could just fuck off to one of the hundred or so other sites that run hundreds of these things and sign up randomly, but thats not FHC mafia.

TL;DR: You have no fucking idea WHY we play these games.

I'll play

Fuck it, im throwing the other game.

This whole idea is based on a post I made where I said it was boring to play without a role. GUESS FUCKING WHAT. IT WAS A FUCKING COVER POST YOU IDIOTS. Jesus fuck stop making up shitty ass fucking rules based on lies people post in previous games AND WAIT FOR THE FUCKING GAME TO FUCKING FINISH SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I didn't even really read the rules until now. This is the worst fucking idea ever and even if I could play the next game I wouldn't. Lets take the current game. Darkflare is not posting. Drakflare usually posts like a motherfucker. This is a tell. What its a tell for I don't know because he seems to be on the inner, but its a tell that he has a role to me, and one he doesn't want to get killed for. This is how we play the game, by knowing the people you play with. If I wanted to play a mafia game where I didnt know the people I played with I could just fuck off to one of the hundred or so other sites that run hundreds of these things and sign up randomly, but thats not FHC mafia.

This whole idea is based on a post I made where I said it was boring to play without a role. GUESS FUCKING WHAT. IT WAS A FUCKING COVER POST YOU IDIOTS. Jesus fuck stop making up shitty ass fucking rules based on lies people post in previous games AND WAIT FOR THE FUCKING GAME TO FUCKING FINISH SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.

Well you managed to ruin the last game so have fun.

Well you managed to ruin the last game so have fun.
    here is a picture of me trying to appease your sandy vagina

Your bad at the game and you make the other forum so you can feel better about yourself. That's why your babbie.

Yea, I can see already this game is going to be childish. I'm no longer in for this one.

Your bad at the game and you make the other forum so you can feel better about yourself. That's why your babbie.
    i'll pretend that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Yea, I can see already this game is going to be childish. I'm no longer in for this one.
    based on what?

Word cannot express how fucking retarded each and every one of you are.

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    I'm willing to give it a try, since it opens up some possibilities for roles that could be interesting. (aka directly assuming another identity and knowing what they know that sort of thing)

That being said, I think it misses the point in some areas. I was also waiting till the other game was over before proposing mine, but that's not a big loss.