hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafiaheap Challange Round 11 Sign-up Thread: Who the fuck are you? edition

Mafiaheap Challange Round 11 Sign-up Thread: Who the fuck are you? edition

right, let's see how this one goes. role types will be the same as Round 9 with the slight differences. read on the second post on how this is going to work.

Team Mafia:
    Consigliere
    Framer
    Godfather
    Janitor
    Mafioso

Team Village:
    Bodyguard
    Cab Driver
    Courtesan
    Doctor
    Lawyer
    Mayor
    Paranoid
    Sheriff
    Sleuth
    Vigilante

Normal Citizens

Team Neutral:
    Amnesiac
    Arsonist
    Lunatic
    Rival
    Serial Killer
    Survivalist
    Witch

role descriptions here (this is an updated version from Steph's!)

post here if you want to play, we'll start 24 hours after round 10 finishes and the first day will be 48 hours to give people a chance to show up.

Sign-Ups:

1. Zeekar
    2. Steph
    3. spasm
    4. pratell
    5. Cool09
    6. inora aknaria
    7. Varcaus
    8. Nicho Void
    9. Cheese nippels
    10. dpidcoe
    11. F*** My Aunt Rita
    12. Bentguru
    13. LarkinAlpha
    14. Dr.Boomtown
    15. Shaftoes
    16. Nobody_Holme
    17. Navigator Six
    18. cullnean
    19. Kilabi
    20. Dark Flare
    Last edited by EntroX; June 6 2013 at 09:50:03 PM.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

so how the fuck is this going to work?
    i set up a forum at http://mafia.failheap-challenge.com/ and i will generate a certain amount of users based on how many of you are participating, the users will have a random password and random usernames. you will have to provide me with an email address you can actually log into because that is how you will be getting your password. you will get your role via a PM on that forum.

how are you going to handle day changes?
    every different day will get a new thread, once the day finishes i will lock the thread and open a new one with the relevant information.

will roles be revealed upon death?, what about death messages?
    yes, roles will be revealed unless the janitor scrubs the role off, death messages will be allowed

since the arsonist is an OP motherfucker unless your name is EntroX and everyone hates you, will it be night immune?
    no, the arsonist will not have night kill immunity

can there be repeated roles?, will we know how many vanilla villagers are out there?
    both village and neutrals might have dupes, the number of vanilla members will be completely unknown, if we have enough players then we will fill up the entire role pool, if we have insufficient players then what roles are actually out there from the neutral/village pool will be unknown.

are out of game communications allowed?
    of course they are, but since you technically don't know who is who and what role each of you have then its up to you, i am a meta-gaming asshole and i am totally okay with you being one as well.

are we going to use quicktopic as mafia members?
    mafia members will be able to see a different subforum (only by mafia members and the game master) to avoid ~unwanted access~

how will the town be able to communicate?
    that is entirely up to you, you can use quicktopic or whatever you want once you gather enough legit members and you may reveal your actual identity, but once again that is up to you. lying is allowed and in my opinion encouraged!

what will happen once the round is over?
    the forum database will be restored from a clean backup and the next game-master will take over the administrator user, i gladly help whoever is running said round to set things up and provide help if needed (forum wise, the game itself will be his/her problem).

can i set a signature or avatar on the mafia forum?
    no, the whole idea is to make it as anonymous as possible, personal taste and tendencies could show there, let your posting do the talking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when will the day switches happen?
    same time as in Spasm's game, just as FHC switches days so 19:00 EST

are screenshots, pastebins and copy&pasted IRC logs allowed?
    yes, they absolutely are, the one thing that will not be allowed is posting pictures of the role you have (as in, your PM where your role was granted), this is just to ensure that the Mayor is legit.

how will i receive role action notifications?
    you will receive a PM during the day switch with the result of your action, you will be informed if your action was successful or if it failed, i will not be sending you an email (but the forum will notify you by default i believe) even if you ask.

can you install tapatalk to make it easier to follow?
    already installed, i would suggest making sure you disable signatures on it however~

what happens if the mafia kills X and the vigilante shoots X and the serial killer goes for X too?
    that person would quite literally be triple-killed, all actions happen at the same time so if the vigilante shoots the mafioso and the mafioso is shooting the vigilante they would both die at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how will you combat those bastards who edit their posts!
    not only post editing is disabled, post deleting is as well, only the game master will be able to edit or delete posts.

wont the regular players know i am mafia if my postcount increases but they cant see the post?
    mafia usergroup is hidden and posts under the hidden forum cannot be searched and will not count towards your post count, so you are safe.

can't other players find me by checking my email on my profile?
    you will not be able to see other people's emails via the profile, only send PM's

can't i be profiled via the online statistics at the bottom?
    nope, its disabled, no-one can see who is online

what happens to me when i die?
    you will be moved to the dead pool, you will be able to read the main subforum (as in, where the game goes) but you will no longer be able to post or send/receive PM's
    Last edited by EntroX; June 4 2013 at 11:32:15 PM.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Since I started working I have a fair bit of time to post on FHC. Sign me up.

winning
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Didn't lana have claim to next round?

the thing from the buzz buzz

I'm still pretty certain someone else had this round claimed to run, since I always try to run the game right after Spasm's and told myself for some reason I couldn't. In I guess.

if anyone else wants to run it be my guest i guess.

updated the second post with more details

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    This game is still awful.

In.

Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

fixed a lot of grammar errors and WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN sentences on the 2nd post, added more Q&A's

Nice work with the sub forum idea. I think that will make things nicer. Also I'm in

Lets see how it goes. In

In

Sure, why not, I'm in.
    胆小鬼的泪
    The true battle only begins when you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    are out of game communications allowed?
    of course they are, but since you technically don't know who is who and what role each of you have then its up to you, i am a meta-gaming asshole and i am totally okay with you being one as well.
    Unfortunately, it's insanely easy to verify that you are who you say you are in the game thread.

Signing up to exploit the hell out of it before everyone else figures out what I'm talking about.

Explain again how this separate forum will make it a better game?

A strong player here will be a strong player on another forum. Look at this last round: sure, we lyched cheese right away, but booms and DF (two popularly lynched players) are in the final 10.

Oh also: you should NOT be able to post once you die. Even if it is a one time "deathpost." That's a bad rule. I'll explain why: if you can simply dump all information that you know in a death post, then there is no reason for you to reveal info to anyone else. There's no danger of it being lost with your death. Eg. this game, Bent was forced to go out on a limb and trust a few people with his information, as he could not allow it to die with him. The village bloc was formed by taking risks, then verifying stuff after. If you can just make a deathpost then that risk is removed, which makes for a more boring game.
    Last edited by Cool09; June 4 2013 at 10:50:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Explain again how this separate forum will make it a better game?

A strong player here will be a strong player on another forum. Look at this last round: sure, we lyched cheese right away, but booms and DF (two popularly lynched players) are in the final 10.

Oh also: you should NOT be able to post once you die. Even if it is a one time "deathpost." That's a bad rule. I'll explain why: if you can simply dump all information that you know in a death post, then there is no reason for you to reveal info to anyone else. There's no danger of it being lost with your death. Eg. this game, Bent was forced to go out on a limb and trust a few people with his information, as he could not allow it to die with him. The village bloc was formed by taking risks, then verifying stuff after. If you can just make a deathpost then that risk is removed, which makes for a more boring game.
    easily doable, dead players go to the dead usergroup, they can read but no longer post.

updated the op with a few more Q&A's

dead pool usergroup created and permissions tested, read the 2nd post (at the bottom ATM) to see how it'll work.