hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2013

Thread: tragic : the gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Price of progress so good. People think they got you, tap out and then price them for 8 damage
    I recognised that card was great even when it was first released getting it in a booster and I was 11! XD

Ahhhh happy memories

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Smuggo
    Yeah it really punishes greedy landbases while mine is only 3 nonbasics aside from fetches, 4 basics. Goes with the aggro style really nicely.

so I'm playing a standard competitive league and I get matched up against BDM's WOTC account. He's playing this crazy BUG Marvel brew with Noxious Gearhulks, Ulamogs and Trackers. In game 2 I live through four Ulamog casts by countering two, chumping one and him losing the fourth to the legend rule. I steal the third with Confiscation Coup for 10 and swing for lethal. I thought I was total toast after he resolved Marvel, but ended up surviving through something crazy like 7 activations and Disallowing two of them.

Eight fucking exiled permanents (mostly Snaphulks and Dynavolt Towers) and I still take the game from him. He timed out in G3 and I took the match. Afterwards, he realized he should have held off on the last Marvel activation so he could've exiled the Ulamog I stole, with his fourth Ulamog that got cast off a Marvel activation in response to my Glimmer in his end step the turn before I Couped the Ulamog on board. He wasn't expecting the second Coup even though I stole a Tracker earlier in the game with the first one to stabilize.

Smuggo
    stop playing standard m8 it's shit.

Smuggo
    12 lands... wew

I'll be able to finally fill out my sets of fetches with MM3. I'd already bought into Tarns when I built Modern Grixis Delver, but only have one Verdant and one Misty. No Flats or Mesas. Don't like the new Snap art, will stick to my old ones.

Smuggo
    Getting dem Tarns and maybe more if cheap. managed to trade out a load of EDH stuff in my folder for khans fetches over the past month or so so only lacking a polluted delta and 2 heaths to complete those.

Tarns are my priority though for U/R Delver as I'd like to play it at GP Birmingham.

I stocked up on Khans fetches, I think I have about 40 in a box waiting for the price to go up.

Smuggo
    Think most people did, though I tend to only acquire them when I am actually using them for a deck though I don't let them go again as they're just good in everything.

Smuggo
    winter orb confirmed good vs miracles

Smuggo
    Been using the Facebook group a lot recently and it's actually really good for getting rid of random folder chaff that you'd just get ripped off with selling to a buylist. Trying to accumulate funds to buy a third volcanic island and a flusterstorm and I'm already up to 80 over the past two weeks.

Smuggo
    No change in the B&R, standard players be madding.

Smuggo
    So who wants to sell me their Scalding Tarns they opened at the weekend?

Smuggo
    Pulled a foil cavern of souls

Smuggo
    Scalding Tarns are shooting up again. MM3 ones are now from €38 on MKM, I got all 4 of mine with postage for just shy of 120, think I bought at the right time.

Booked myself in for all the Saturday pre-releases at Darksphere.

Finally starting to get back into MTG after I have moved down to london.

Wanna build a sweet prowess deck around the new swiftspear for gamesday too

Smuggo
    Not sure if I will make it to any pre-releases. Got a family thing that weekend and mainly wanna focus card spend towards legacy bits.

Apparently Noah Bradley (artist of a lot of newer cards) is at Dark Sphere this Sunday for the release event. Anyone around might want to drop by and get stuff signed or just meet him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...urday_morning/