hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 478794959697
Results 1,921 to 1,932 of 1932

Thread: tragic : the gathering

Anyone know of anywhere that does EDH on a Monday night in London? Or possibly even Tuesday. I'm around next week for some work so hoping to get some games in. I'm guessing Darksphere is the best place to try as I'm going to be at Victoria and its not too far from there.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    Anyone know of anywhere that does EDH on a Monday night in London? Or possibly even Tuesday. I'm around next week for some work so hoping to get some games in. I'm guessing Darksphere is the best place to try as I'm going to be at Victoria and its not too far from there.
    Dark Sphere probably, check their website for scheduled events.

Went 3-2 at the Standard Showdown event playing http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-burn-akh/

Did well enough to get one of the showdown booster thingies, got a cycling land out of it so it was not too bad overall.

My two losses were very very close and I don't feel bad about losing in them at all. One of them was a game against U/B control that came right down to the wire, after a counter war that left 8 counterspells on the stack. It was madness!

Deck is super competitive and standard is really fun to play right now, since there are no real established decks yet.

I've still yet to buy any Amonkhet. Think I might just be off boosters permanently. I will prob get a playset of harsh mentors soon though as think they could be good for a U/R control brew I have in mind.

Harsh Mentor is pretty cool, I've added a copy to my Alesha EDH deck along with a new printing of Aven Mindcensor.

He is good but with miracles dead I'm not gonna mainboard him for my U/R delver list but might put one in the side since he taxes Fetches, aether vial, DRS, Jitte and various other legacy staples. I reckon he'll go up long term as he's silly good for modern as well.

He's good in the burn eidolon deck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal View Post
    He's good in the burn eidolon deck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Maybe. he's perhaps too situational. Eidolon works because even a spell used to remove it hits the trigger, Mentor can just be removed without triggering and lacks haste so I think he is too slow for burn and is more of a sideboard option against some matchups. I think in more control-type decks though he will be very strong.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    other than fetches what activated abilities are regularly used in modern anyway?

hes a fucking house vs lantern tho i imagine

Affinity uses several activated abilities. Infect using an inkmoth too. But it is mostly Fetches but then if they want to fetch up untapped shock land that's 5 life just to get one untapped dual.

Alex m8 are you back from holiday and did you manage to dig up dem cards? I NEED DEM CARDS!!!

not more then I need dem cards.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.