hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1998

Thread: tragic : the gathering

  1. #1921
    Donor halbarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,701
    Anyone know of anywhere that does EDH on a Monday night in London? Or possibly even Tuesday. I'm around next week for some work so hoping to get some games in. I'm guessing Darksphere is the best place to try as I'm going to be at Victoria and its not too far from there.

  2. #1922
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    Anyone know of anywhere that does EDH on a Monday night in London? Or possibly even Tuesday. I'm around next week for some work so hoping to get some games in. I'm guessing Darksphere is the best place to try as I'm going to be at Victoria and its not too far from there.
    Dark Sphere probably, check their website for scheduled events.


  3. #1923
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,465
    Went 3-2 at the Standard Showdown event playing http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-burn-akh/

    Did well enough to get one of the showdown booster thingies, got a cycling land out of it so it was not too bad overall.

    My two losses were very very close and I don't feel bad about losing in them at all. One of them was a game against U/B control that came right down to the wire, after a counter war that left 8 counterspells on the stack. It was madness!

    Deck is super competitive and standard is really fun to play right now, since there are no real established decks yet.

  4. #1924
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    I've still yet to buy any Amonkhet. Think I might just be off boosters permanently. I will prob get a playset of harsh mentors soon though as think they could be good for a U/R control brew I have in mind.


  5. #1925
    Donor halbarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,701
    Harsh Mentor is pretty cool, I've added a copy to my Alesha EDH deck along with a new printing of Aven Mindcensor.

  6. #1926
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    He is good but with miracles dead I'm not gonna mainboard him for my U/R delver list but might put one in the side since he taxes Fetches, aether vial, DRS, Jitte and various other legacy staples. I reckon he'll go up long term as he's silly good for modern as well.


  7. #1927
    Donor Lorkin Desal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,518
    He's good in the burn eidolon deck

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

  8. #1928
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal View Post
    He's good in the burn eidolon deck

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Maybe. he's perhaps too situational. Eidolon works because even a spell used to remove it hits the trigger, Mentor can just be removed without triggering and lacks haste so I think he is too slow for burn and is more of a sideboard option against some matchups. I think in more control-type decks though he will be very strong.


  9. #1929
    tHornton's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    Posts
    5,436
    other than fetches what activated abilities are regularly used in modern anyway?

    hes a fucking house vs lantern tho i imagine




  10. #1930
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Affinity uses several activated abilities. Infect using an inkmoth too. But it is mostly Fetches but then if they want to fetch up untapped shock land that's 5 life just to get one untapped dual.


  11. #1931
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Alex m8 are you back from holiday and did you manage to dig up dem cards? I NEED DEM CARDS!!!


  12. #1932
    Donor Lorkin Desal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,518
    not more then I need dem cards.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

  13. #1933

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,423
    Sorry m8's, i totally forgot about this while i was away. I'll raid the attic this weekend and see what i can unearth!

  14. #1934
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Massive case of :wizards: this week. Yet another standard ban, consulting on pair bans because the game apparently isn't off-putting enough for new players, and now a veritable smorgasbord of products more overwhelming than ever before so people can hand over even more cash in the vague hope of opening the meagre handful of totally broken cards.


  15. #1935
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Massive case of :wizards: this week. Yet another standard ban, consulting on pair bans because the game apparently isn't off-putting enough for new players, and now a veritable smorgasbord of products more overwhelming than ever before so people can hand over even more cash in the vague hope of opening the meagre handful of totally broken cards.
    Marvel needed to be banned. Turn 4 ulamog was destroying the format and felt so so bad to play against

    I like the changes tbh. Drafting small sets with different mechanics felt bad and meant that in your last pack you tended to not get much for your deck. The two block standard without core sets seemed to be holding back wizards ability to print staples that it needed to keep standard balanced. Although I agree that they should just have printed hate cards in the same block. No graveyard hate until amonkhet was extremely stupid





    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  16. #1936
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Massive case of :wizards: this week. Yet another standard ban, consulting on pair bans because the game apparently isn't off-putting enough for new players, and now a veritable smorgasbord of products more overwhelming than ever before so people can hand over even more cash in the vague hope of opening the meagre handful of totally broken cards.
    Marvel needed to be banned. Turn 4 ulamog was destroying the format and felt so so bad to play against

    I like the changes tbh. Drafting small sets with different mechanics felt bad and meant that in your last pack you tended to not get much for your deck. The two block standard without core sets seemed to be holding back wizards ability to print staples that it needed to keep standard balanced. Although I agree that they should just have printed hate cards in the same block. No graveyard hate until amonkhet was extremely stupid





    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Standard has been pretty awful the past 2 years and no amount of banning seems to make a difference. I don't particularly care as I don't play standard but WotC looking more and more incompetent every time they make a ban in standard.

    I'm fine with the return to the old-style release schedule and core sets. That's what I'm taking issue with, it's the fucking side products which seem to be exploding completely out of control right now, but punters only have so much money to spend and stores are gonna end up with loads of unsold product lying about if they aim to stock all this stuff.


  17. #1937
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Massive case of :wizards: this week. Yet another standard ban, consulting on pair bans because the game apparently isn't off-putting enough for new players, and now a veritable smorgasbord of products more overwhelming than ever before so people can hand over even more cash in the vague hope of opening the meagre handful of totally broken cards.
    Marvel needed to be banned. Turn 4 ulamog was destroying the format and felt so so bad to play against

    I like the changes tbh. Drafting small sets with different mechanics felt bad and meant that in your last pack you tended to not get much for your deck. The two block standard without core sets seemed to be holding back wizards ability to print staples that it needed to keep standard balanced. Although I agree that they should just have printed hate cards in the same block. No graveyard hate until amonkhet was extremely stupid





    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Standard has been pretty awful the past 2 years and no amount of banning seems to make a difference. I don't particularly care as I don't play standard but WotC looking more and more incompetent every time they make a ban in standard.

    I'm fine with the return to the old-style release schedule and core sets. That's what I'm taking issue with, it's the fucking side products which seem to be exploding completely out of control right now, but punters only have so much money to spend and stores are gonna end up with loads of unsold product lying about if they aim to stock all this stuff.
    You know you don't HAVE to buy everything they release right?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shaftoes; June 15 2017 at 04:24:10 PM.

  18. #1938
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Of course, in fact I rarely buy anything unless it's for a sealed event. My concern is they are going to cause fatigue among players with an excessive number of products, and potentially financial difficulty for LGS. My friend who runs the shop folder at our LGS has bought up a whole load of product on the cheap if he bought it as a bundle to populate the folder and I suspect it was sold to him at a loss or at best break even. The LGS shelves are already overflowing with MtG stuff.


  19. #1939
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,465
    So pretty much all the rares from Ixalan have leaked on reddit, before even the Hour of devastation spoilers have started

    Set looks sweet, but it is pretty shitty it has been spoiled so far out.

  20. #1940
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,274
    Oh I'll have a look.

    Legacy GP coverage is, as expected, fucking awful. The commentators' knowledge of the format is really poor. I wish WotC would do community commentator auditions like they do for Eve AT.

    However, monthly London Legacy tournament has now been able to secure full use of the pub we've been using so will be able to host a lot more people and be much less cramped which is cool. Should hopefully get 50+ people for the end of June event.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •