hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2010

Thread: tragic : the gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Could work but I find modern has broader cmc diversity than legacy which is heavily clustered around 1 and 2 cmc spells.

Didn't do a prerelease myself but been testing harsh mentor in legacy. It's good but might not be so good with top banned. I think red is super strong for standard atm so izzet seems a good choice. Where did you play? Dark Sphere?
    Yeah played at Dark Sphere.

Unorganised as shit tbh, the last pre-release was an hour late
    Hmm does Alexi still do them? He used to and it was pretty well organised then but last time I went for some evening play it did end up running really late.
    They made you go up and register for the event on arrival, delayed for 30 mins past time and then made 60-70 people get up and look up at a list on a wall in a tightly confined space. Repeat for 3 prereleases.

The smart way to do it is to give you your pack on arrival, saves so much fannying around

Smuggo
    Could work but I find modern has broader cmc diversity than legacy which is heavily clustered around 1 and 2 cmc spells.

Didn't do a prerelease myself but been testing harsh mentor in legacy. It's good but might not be so good with top banned. I think red is super strong for standard atm so izzet seems a good choice. Where did you play? Dark Sphere?
    Yeah played at Dark Sphere.

Unorganised as shit tbh, the last pre-release was an hour late
    Hmm does Alexi still do them? He used to and it was pretty well organised then but last time I went for some evening play it did end up running really late.
    They made you go up and register for the event on arrival, delayed for 30 mins past time and then made 60-70 people get up and look up at a list on a wall in a tightly confined space. Repeat for 3 prereleases.

The smart way to do it is to give you your pack on arrival, saves so much fannying around
    Ah they have always done it that way. It's the same at GPs.

Smuggo
    So much salt about top ban on the source and other forums. But also massive joy from the likes of me

Any good sites for selling cards you lot would recommend? I dug out my old Izzet deck the other day, and am curious how much some of it is worth. Probably not much mind you.

And if anyone is interested i'll save a cardlist on a site and FHC folks can have first refusal at mates rates.

Smuggo
    Ye show me a list plz.

I'm also trying to find my original cards from waaaaaay back when. I know they are in a sealed metal storage tin in the attic, and contains a lot of stuff from the Unlimited (1993) and Arabian Nights sets. Maybe something worths something in there? There's a shit ton of cards at least, and i have a vague recollection of dual lands. Who the fuck knows, i haven't even looked at them for well over a decade.

I'd also be interested in seeing a list.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I'm also trying to find my original cards from waaaaaay back when. I know they are in a sealed metal storage tin in the attic, and contains a lot of stuff from the Unlimited (1993) and Arabian Nights sets. Maybe something worths something in there? There's a shit ton of cards at least, and i have a vague recollection of dual lands. Who the fuck knows, i haven't even looked at them for well over a decade.
    If you have dual lands they are worth a fair bit and I would be interested in them. Also plenty stuff from Arabian Nights is worth a fair bit, again mainly lands like Bazaar of Baghdad.

It won't be for a few weeks im afraid since i'm off to the US for 3 weeks in 6 days. I'll see if i can do a full list once i get back. Certainly the more recent Izzet deck i can, the rest i will have to find. The box is around...somewhere....

Smuggo
    No rush, just let me know. Have a friend who is a dealer/collector who would also be interested and would potentially take a significant chunk off your hands. I'm mostly interested in Volcanic Island.

Shall do. FHC will be the first port of call chaps.

Assuming i don't get eaten by gators, thrown off of a plane, or blown to bits in a nuclear war before that point.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Shall do. FHC will be the first port of call chaps.

Assuming i don't get eaten by gators, thrown off of a plane, or blown to bits in a nuclear war before that point.
    You can always write me into your will to inherit the cards just in case.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    whatever u do, if u still somehow have arabian nights packs dont open them they're worth a bomb

i think? its been a while

Smuggo
    Sealed boosters that old will be worth plenty, almost always worth more unopened than opened.

Edit: a box is $29,000 according to this... http://www.trollandtoad.com/p79657.html

Definitely nothing sealed. I got these when I was a teenager to play with...they were worth nothing back then and the prices didn't start going up until way later iirc

Also interested in a list of cards at mates rates. 2nd in my pre-release on sunday, finishing at 3-0-1 with the chap i drew with winning on opponent match win percentage or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Smuggo
    Death of miracles is proving rather nice for me so far. Just based on Cockatrice games, people seem to be doing a lot more BUG/Leovold/Shardless type things with greedy manabases which is lovely for my price of progress. Also clears some room in my sideboard to add more answers for elves (which people think may thrive now) which also nicely hits stuff like DnT and a lot of the midrange control shit using young pyromancer.

Really need to get that third volcanic island and flusterstorm now though as could have a decent chance in some sanctioned events that are happening over the summer that I've discovered via the legacy guys from Dark Sphere.

Smuggo
    How to sell your cards online!

3-0'd a draft last weekend at Darksphere.

Won with a R/B aggro deck with glorybringer. Had some crazy matches against a W/U embalm and W/G Oketra deck.

Also finalised my standard deck for this season:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/u-r-prowess-akh/

It is pretty much red deck wins splashing blue for fevered visions and counters in the sideboard.

Testing it at the store on Friday and then at the standard showdown thingy at the weekend

Anyone know of anywhere that does EDH on a Monday night in London? Or possibly even Tuesday. I'm around next week for some work so hoping to get some games in. I'm guessing Darksphere is the best place to try as I'm going to be at Victoria and its not too far from there.