hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4585929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1932

Thread: tragic : the gathering

Apparently Noah Bradley (artist of a lot of newer cards) is at Dark Sphere this Sunday for the release event. Anyone around might want to drop by and get stuff signed or just meet him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...urday_morning/

Wizards sent out their player motivation survey.

One of the early questions is "What formats do you mostly play" and neither Legacy nor Vintage were even options but EDH and Cube were... I expressed my disgust at this in the comments.

I'm not critiscising as this is a hobby, and most hobbies cost a chunk of money. It's "worth it" if you get enjoyment from it.

But fuck me the kind of money that you guys/major players throw at cards is mental

Even my metal crack hobby costs less!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I'm not critiscising as this is a hobby, and most hobbies cost a chunk of money. It's "worth it" if you get enjoyment from it.

But fuck me the kind of money that you guys/major players throw at cards is mental

Tell me about it. I need 2 cards to complete my deck and they're gonna cost me a combined total of more than 200 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Tell me about it. I need 2 cards to complete my deck and they're gonna cost me a combined total of more than 200 :/
    Fuuuuuuck m8.

Fuuuuuuck m8.
    Solid investment though if you keep them in good condition. One of them at least will never be reprinted, the other might do but it was only ever printed once so far in a pre-built deck several years ago and has been marching up in value for a while.

Fuuuuuuck m8.
    Solid investment though if you keep them in good condition. One of them at least will never be reprinted, the other might do but it was only ever printed once so far in a pre-built deck several years ago and has been marching up in value for a while.
    Yeah, thats fair. Like i said i can totally understand it....fuck knows how many of wargames shit i have. its just not normally so much on something that looks so small

Yeah you can make some okay money off tournaments if you are good as well. Most don't have cash prizes but give away valuable cards or sealed boxes of boosters as prizes. Some guys from the London legacy scene went to a big event in Paris the other week, two got top 8 and the guy who came 7th overall got like 4 booster boxes worth about 180 each which he sold on, so covered his costs of going there and some extra.

Haven't played in 20 years but coworker had a mixed case of 2003 and 2013 core sets so we played a draft game after d&d finished early this week. Forgot how fun the game could be.

Looked up what my old revised cards would be worth now, that wasn't as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Haven't played in 20 years but coworker had a mixed case of 2003 and 2013 core sets so we played a draft game after d&d finished early this week. Forgot how fun the game could be.

Looked up what my old revised cards would be worth now, that wasn't as fun.
    We have roached several Gaea's Cradle and a bunch of Force of Will in the past.

Back then, Force was just seen as being unplayable shit, we had a massive magic card fight around the time the set came out where we were just throwing shitloads of cards at each other. If I'd known they'd be worth 45 each back then my whole life could be different now.

I feel like dual lands were maybe 10 bucks at the time? Had enough for one decks worth of land so that's painful to look at now, just gave them away in early 2000s during one of my moves

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah they were not much when I started playing but didn't buy singles and shit back then we just built decks from what we got out of booster packs so I never actually had any.

Today I got two Volcanic Islands which cost me 115 each, trying to get another at the moment but prob will have to pay more like 150.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    one day when i am big time CEO of some international corp i have dreams of being able to afford a modern deck

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    one day when i am big time CEO of some international corp i have dreams of being able to afford a modern deck
    Modern is meh bro.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    Modern is meh bro.
    ye but only saudi oil baron can play legacy or vintag

Just started playing magic duels on PC. Obvious monetization is obvious but doesn't seem too bad so far.

Big Legacy in Vintage changes in the B&R announcement. Sensei's Diving Top banned, kills the top format deck miracles hard, and Git Probe and Gush restricted in Vintage.

Big Legacy in Vintage changes in the B&R announcement. Sensei's Diving Top banned, kills the top format deck miracles hard, and Git Probe and Gush restricted in Vintage.
    Did you see this smuggo? (bottom one is the one I am talking about)

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...kenjiwayfinder

Looks sweet tbh.

I went 1-2 , 1-2 , 2-1 in my prereleases.

Blue, black and green are all great (blue embalm flyers in particular are insanely overpowered). Red has some good stuff, but very few bombs and as per usual it suffers from the usual 2 power, 1 toughness creature syndrome. It also only has one card that can black flyers. White is rather weak, despite embalm. The creatures are just very low quality. In terms of good shit, I opened 2 crappy black mythics, a foil hazoret, combat celebrant, 2 black delvers, Mr 3/4 flash doubelstrike haste and 3 cycle lands.

Working on my games day deck for standard and I am planning an Izzet variant on red deck wins:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/u-r-prowess-akh/

Insult // Injury gives all of your burn spells and creatures double strike and has a flashback burn spell stapled onto it for value, so everything is built around that.

Could work but I find modern has broader cmc diversity than legacy which is heavily clustered around 1 and 2 cmc spells.

Didn't do a prerelease myself but been testing harsh mentor in legacy. It's good but might not be so good with top banned. I think red is super strong for standard atm so izzet seems a good choice. Where did you play? Dark Sphere?

Could work but I find modern has broader cmc diversity than legacy which is heavily clustered around 1 and 2 cmc spells.

Didn't do a prerelease myself but been testing harsh mentor in legacy. It's good but might not be so good with top banned. I think red is super strong for standard atm so izzet seems a good choice. Where did you play? Dark Sphere?
    Yeah played at Dark Sphere.

Unorganised as shit tbh, the last pre-release was an hour late